- "So we go to these places and knock down doors? I can knock down doors now."
- ―Yo-Yo Rodriguez
Yo-Yo Rodriguez' Prosthetic Arms are cybernetic implants attached to the stumps on Yo-Yo Rodriguez' arms to be used instead of the missing lower arms.
Acquisitionbattle on the Principia, Alphonso Mackenzie brought back a Sleeper Mech to the Lighthouse, intending to salvage its arms so that Yo-Yo Rodriguez could replace the limbs she had lost because of Ruby Hale's Ring Blades during the Infiltration into St. Louis Aerospace Facility.
Mackenzie and Leo Fitz successfully elaborated prosthesis from the salvaged android, which was then been put up to the test before they were actually grafted onto Rodriguez's body. Once the arms could be safely grafted without causing pain when Rodriguez would have to use them, the prosthesis were implanted on Rodriguez by Jemma Simmons assisted by Mackenzie.
A New Strength to Control
Mackenzie later ran some diagnosis on the arms, without finding any problem in them.
As she intended to release Leo Fitz from his cell, Jemma Simmons reclaimed a chemical used in Rodriguez's prosthesis for the experimentation she had designed in order to prove to Mackenzie that she could not die. When Simmons faked her poisoning by said product, Rodriguez used both her superhuman speed and her prosthesis to lock Mackenzie in the cell once he had released Fitz. Rodriguez then picked up Mackenzie's gun he had dropped, but due to her still not fully mastering her strength, she accidentally pulled the trigger, although she did not hurt anyone.
However, Rodriguez soon had to deal with a major issue with her new powers. Indeed, when she attempted to use her superhuman speed to a greater extent than what she had done when locking up Alphonso Mackenzie to face several Sleeper Mechs, this greatly overloaded her nervous system, thus preventing her to resorting to her powers. As Leo Fitz could not recalibrate the arms on site, he and Jemma Simmons told Rodriguez to leave the facility and call for backup.
On her way out, Rodriguez encountered Anton Ivanov. Although she could not use her super speed, Rodriguez used her new arms to fight against Ivanov, who commented on her cyborg nature as he used an android body himself. In the end, Rodriguez and her new arms got the upper hand over Ivanov, killing him. Rodriguez retreated to her Quinjet, where she was ambushed by another Sleeper Mech armed with a machine gun. Facing death, Rodriguez used her powers despite the pain her arms inflicted to take the weapon from the android, which was destroyed.
Rodriguez used her powerful prosthesis to fight against Daisy Johnson when she returned to the Lighthouse and Rodriguez confronted her about what she had been doing during the battle against the Remorath.
Rodriguez later used the enhanced strength granted by her arms during the Battle of Chicago, combining it with her powers to help evacuate civilians, especially wounded ones, from Chicago which was being attacked by Talbot. She also used them to successfully reanimate Coulson who had fainted due to his condition.
S.H.I.E.L.D. had to time travel to the past using Zephyr One, and arrived in 1931. When Yo-Yo Rodriguez was cleared for duty after being infected by a Shrike, Jemma Simmons offered Rodriguez new prosthetic arms, fitting to look like real arms and be able to feel things like real arms. Rodriguez at first did not want the new arms, wanting a reminder of what happened to her. However, Simmons insisted that Rodriguez be able to blend in, and Rodriguez eventually agreed.
When she put the new arms on, Rodriguez enjoyed being able to feel things with her arms again.
- Strength Enhancement: Rodriguez' cybernetic arms give her a certain degree of superhuman strength. She was strong enough to accidentally crush a metal drinking bottle, punch a heavy boxing bag several feet back, and was able to overpower Anton Ivanov's android body.
- Sensory: Unlike the metal arms, Rodriguez's flesh-like arms allow her to feel things and act like normal arms, allowing Rodriguez to experience the sense of touch.
In chronological order:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Season Seven
- Season Five
- Season Six
- In the comics, Yo-Yo Rodriguez' arms were replaced with a cybernetic prosthesis after they were cut off by Gorgon.
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.13: Principia
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.14: The Devil Complex
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.15: Rise and Shine
- ↑ Translates to: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry."
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.16: Inside Voices
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.17: The Honeymoon
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.18: All Roads Lead...
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.19: Option Two
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.20: The One Who Will Save Us All
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.22: The End
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.01: The New Deal