- "We live in an era in which the weapons we use to protect ourselves are undermined by constant surveillance. It’s time to return to a simpler age. One where the powers of freedom can once again operate openly to protect their interests. An all-purpose peace-keeping vessel. The Yellowjacket can manage any conflict on the geo-political landscape, completely unseen. Efficient in both preventative measures and tactical assault. Practical applications include surveillance, industrial sabotage, and the elimination of obstructions on the road to peace. A single Yellowjacket offers the user unlimited influence to carry out protective actions and one day soon, an army of Yellowjackets will create a sustainable environment of well-being around the world. The Yellowjacket."
- ―Promotional Video[src]
The Yellowjacket Suit was created by Cross Technologies, with Darren Cross who used the Ant-Man Suit technology as a base. The partly mechanized suit was designed to be weaponized and more advanced version of Hank Pym's suit. The mechanisms in some of the metallic parts part of the suit may possibly be used for resilience or strength enhancement. It was designed with mechanical appendages on its back with the pair above the other being able to fire beams of energy and to fly as well.
Cross would later put on the suit in order to deal with Ant-Man. After a long and difficult fight, the suit was sabotaged by Lang, who shrunk between the molecules of the solid titanium armor to reach and destroy the suit's circuitry and inner mechanisms. The suit's now unstable shrinking function caused Cross to be crushed in the suit, imploding his body into nothingness, destroying the suit.
- Size Alteration: Using the original Ant-Man Suit and Pym Particles formula as a start up point, Darren Cross developed a new suit which allows him to reduce approximately to the size of an ant whilst gaining enhanced physical capabilities.
- Superhuman Strength: The suit grants the wearer superhuman strength whilst shrunk. This is thought to be due to the Pym Particles enhancing density and compressing energy and physical force to the user, giving them the power of a bullet. In the case of the Yellowjacket, its mechanisms may be able to enhance physical strength and resilience of its user even in normal size as he was almost able to crush Ant-Man between his hands while Lang was in shrunken form. Though, Ant-Man in normal size was able to take on Cross while the latter was in the Yellowjacket. In addition, the suits mechanized stingers can be used as melee weapons, while Cross used to knock Jim Paxton's gun out of his hand and to help him grab Lang into order to hurl him through the air.
- Flight: The suit has the power of flight. The two top tentacle-like 'stingers' on the suit's back have exterior thrusters at the bottom of the tentacles that give the user levitation capability and forward propulsion.
- Energy Pulse Stingers: The bottom pair of the four mechanical tentacle-like 'stingers' on the suits back form shoulder-positioned directed-energy weapons. The energy beams are blue and laser like, burning through most substances and, even when the user has shrunk, can easily kill human targets, much like bullets. When in normal size, the larger beams can easily burn through and destroy objects as large and as thick as a wall.
- The Yellowjacket Suit was partially inspired in the Eric O'Grady's Ant-Man Suit in the comics. Eric O'Grady is the third person to inherit the Ant-Man mantle, after Hank Pym and Scott Lang.
- The Yellowjacket Suit is named after a Yellowjacket wasp, the common name in North America for predatory wasps of the genera Vespula and Dolichovespula, that are known simply as "wasps" in other English-speaking countries.
- The early versions of the suit lacked proper shielding in the head region
- The sound of the energy pulse stinger is the same sound as AT-AT.