Xandar is the homeworld of the Xandarians and to many other species as the capital of the Nova Empire with a population of twelve billion. Xandar was located in the Andromeda Galaxy at the Eclipsing Binary Star M31V J00442326+4127082. Xandar orbited around three suns. The planet was decimated by Thanos in order to obtain the Power Stone.
After obtaining the Orb on Morag, Star-Lord brought it to the Broker on Xandar and attempted to sell the Orb to him. The Broker questioned Star-Lord and in the process learned that the Orb was also sought by Ronan the Accuser. Fearing for his life if he acquired the Orb, the Broker refused to take the Orb and evicted Star-Lord from his shop. Gamora followed Quill to Xandar and ambushed him as he exited the store. Her planned attack was thrown off, however, when the criminal duo of Rocket Raccoon and Groot arrived, instead seeking Quill who had a high bounty on his head from Yondu Udonta. In the confusion, Quill fled. Gamora and the two thugs raced after Quill, causing quite an uproar. Eventually, Gamora pinned Quill, but the Nova Corps quickly intervened and arrested the four for civil disruption.
Ronan the Accuser and his minions attempted to destroy Xandar using the power of the Orb. However, thanks to a combined effort by the Nova Corps, the Ravagers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, his ship, the Dark Aster, was destroyed, and Ronan was killed.
Four years after Ronan the Accuser's attack, Thanos launched a brutal campaign to gather the Infinity Stones. The Orb was his first target, and he arrived in Xandar by force, annihilating the Nova Corps and Nova Empire to collect the Power Stone and then devastated half of the planet's population as part of his quest to balance the universe.
- In the comics, Xandar was besieged and destroyed several times by different alien conquerors, including Nebula.
- The main city that is seen on Xandar is shaped like the emblem on the comic book hero Nova's helmet.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Guardians of the Galaxy
- ↑ As mentioned above, some of the planets or locations and their coordinates correspond to real or hypothetical spots in our known universe, like Morag (M31V J00443799+4129236) and Xandar (M31V J00442326+4127082). Both are found in the Andromeda Galaxy, otherwise known as Messier 13, hence the "M31V" at the beginning. - ScreenRant
- ↑ Xandar Suns
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- ↑ Avengers: Infinity War