- "I can't see, not like everyone else, but I can feel. Things like balance and direction. Micro-changes in air density, vibrations, blankets of temperature variations. Mix all that with what I hear, subtle smells. All of the fragments form a sort of impressionistic painting."
"Okay, but what does that look like? Like, what do you actually see?"
"A world on fire."
- ―Matt Murdock and Claire Temple
Wilson Fisk and James Wesley meet with Madame Gao, Nobu Yoshioka, and Leland Owlsley as the car is cleaned from blood and brains; Fisk tells them that the Ranskahov brothers, Vladimir and Anatoly Ranskahov, are no longer a part of their organization. Fisk takes the time to appease Gao with this decision because it affects her drug distribution business directly.
Meanwhile, Matt Murdock attends to the wounds of Claire Temple. He tells her that his real name is Matthew. She has fallen in love with him, but questions her ability to be with someone who is so willing to put his own life in jeopardy.
At the law office, Karen Page and Foggy Nelson have a client, Elena Cardenas; Armand Tully is trying to evict her from her rent-controlled apartment. Bess Mahoney referred Cardenas there, so Murdock decides to go to the police station to talk to her son.
Vladimir is brought the headless body of his brother and finds a black mask within his pocket. He declares war on the masked man.
In the precinct, Murdock talks to Brett Mahoney and learns more about Tully. Murdock then hears Piotr got killed by Detectives Christian Blake and Carl Hoffman, because Piotr called Fisk by name. Later, Murdock, as the masked man, approaches Blake, wanting to find Fisk. Blake informs him that the masked man is the accused killer of Anatoly Ranskahov and the Russians seek him. Murdock steals his phone and departs.
Nelson and Page go to Landman and Zack Building and confront Marci Stahl, the lawyer representing Tully and Nelson's ex-girlfriend. The two lawyers debate the legality of Tully's actions; Nelson's confidence impresses both women.
Page and Nelson have a date in the apartment of Cardenas after spending the day repairing her home. Suddenly, an explosion rocks the building. Nelson leaves Page to supervise Cardenas as he checks on other tenants.
Turk Barrett tells Ranskahov that there is a possibility that the masked man works for Fisk, causing Ranskahov to declare war on the crime lord.
Meanwhile, Fisk has another date with Vanessa Marianna. At the dining table Fisk questions the motive of Marianna carrying a gun in her purse. He assures her that he plans to reshape Hell's Kitchen and it would be safe for her to be by his side. Marianna sees the explosions and Fisk explains that this is part of his reshaping the city. She is convinced while the duo leaves the restaurant and Fisk pays off the suspicious waiter.
The masked man was near one of the explosions when it occurred; he was chasing Ranskahov, after getting Temple to read the text messages in the phone he stole. The police come as the two fight and the masked man holds his hands up as they approach.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley
- Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Vladimir Ranskahov
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett
- Royce Johnson as Sergeant Brett Mahoney
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao
- Peter Shinkoda as Nobu Yoshioka
- Chris Tardio as Detective Christian Blake
- Daryl Edwards as Detective Carl Hoffman
- David Vadim as Sergei
- Tony Naumovski as Dmitry
- Judith Delgado as Elena Cardenas
- Amy Rutberg as Marci Stahl
- Alexander Blaise as Marcel
- Angel Rosa as Officer Corbin
- Paul Mann as Piotr
- Kirill Nikiforov as Aslan
- Eric Trautmann as Viktor
- Meng Ai as Runner
- Vincent Veloso as Suicide Drug Runner
- Dennis Duswalt as Cop #1
- Mike Carlsen as Police Officer #2
- Roman Blat as Big Russian
- Thomas D. Weaver as Desk Sergeant Thomas (uncredited)
- Peter Conboy as Cop (uncredited)
- Phil Oddo as Man in the Park (uncredited) (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Moscow, Russia (mentioned)
- Guatemala (mentioned)
- Ryker's Island, New York (mentioned)
- Bombing of Hell's Kitchen
- Kidnapping of Claire Temple (mentioned)
- Assassination of Mister Prohaszka (mentioned)
- Attack on John Healy (mentioned)
- Assassination of Anatoly Ranskahov (mentioned)
- Rescue of the Kidnapped Boy (mentioned)
- Assassination of Bill Fisk (mentioned)
- Snakes (mentioned)
- Rats (mentioned)
- Sharks (mentioned)
- Caterpillars (mentioned)
- Butterflies (mentioned)
- Nelson and Murdock
- Russian Mafia
- Confederated Global Investments
- Westmeyer-Holt Contracting (mentioned)
- New York City Police Department
- Landman and Zack
- Kitchen Cab (mentioned)
- Tony Stark
- John Healy
- Anatoly Ranskahov (corpse)
- Bess Mahoney
- Armand Tully
- Edward Nelson
- Bill Fisk
- Harry Houdini
- King Kong
- Rain Man
- The tune that was played at the restaurant during Wilson Fisk's and Vanessa Marianna's date was the same tune that was played at a restaurant in which Phil Coulson and Raina had a meeting in the episode in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode A Hen in the Wolf House.
|Kang Ding Qing Ge||Meng Ai||