Sarge's Squad, now at full force on Earth, begin to make their presence known. They steal from a grocery store, but still lack piezoelectric gems that they need to power their equipment. Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. is alerted of the robbery and continues their investigation with assistance from Marcus Benson, who suspects that Sarge could be a Life-Model Decoy of Phil Coulson. However, it turns out that Sarge's DNA is an exact match to Coulson's, invalidating this theory.
Yo-Yo Rodriguez and Melinda May are sent to investigate on a shipping yard where Sarge's squad has been spotted. They arrive, but cannot find the truck before Alphonso Mackenzie redirects them to Charmont Jewelers, a jewelry store where Sarge and his teammates are perpetrating another robbery looking for piezo electric gems. The criminals lock themselves up in the vaults chamber, using a Spray Paint Transporter to connect the store to their truck.
Having arrived at the jewelry store, May realizes that the squad has a way out of the vaults, and decided to return to the shipping yard, where she is able to find the cloaked truck. May storms into the truck, quickly confronting Pax, Jaco and Snowflake, who are no match to her. Sarge, who was testing his Shrike Detector outside of the truck, realizes that something went wrong and returns inside the truck to find May. May is shocked by his appearance, which enables Snowflake to send her back inside the bank before Sarge disconnects the portal, trapping her inside until S.H.I.E.L.D. manages to break in.
Sarge's squad leaves with the truck, and Jaco comments on the fact that the name of Coulson uttered by May seems to have affected Sarge, but he denies it. Back at the Lighthouse, Benson shows Mackenzie a footage he retrieved on Tinker, which shows that the squad was present when a planet was obliterated, with Benson believing that Sarge and his teammates are responsible for this cataclysm.
Leo Fitz and Enoch have survived the attack on their spaceship. Fitz, posing as a Sivian, works for Viro, a smuggler of Xandarian Snails, on a small spaceship, the Lazy Comet, aboard which Enoch is hidden. However, Fitz eventually fails to maintain his cover, and both he and Enoch end up captured by Viro. Viro is willing to dump them into space, but Fitz promises that they will work for him for free, which Viro agrees.
Viro ends up satisfied with Fitz's and Enoch's work, to the point that he considers killing up the rest of his crew and keeping Fitz and Enoch as slave workers. Although Enoch advises against it, Fitz is unable to stand the fact that people might get killed because of him. He tries to oppose Viro, who remains determined to dispose the rest of the crew, leading Fitz to express his intent to sacrifice himself. Viro remains unfazed by the prospect of losing Fitz's skill, and opens the airlock. However, he had actually been tricked by Fitz in opening the wrong door, and is ejected into space, while Fitz and the rest of the crew are saved.
The Lazy Comet is taken to the planet of Naro-Atzia, where Enoch fears that they could be sentenced to death as mutineers. Therefore, Fitz decides to turn the ship to the infamous planet of Kitson, where they could find another job. The spacecraft thus leaves the area of Naro-Atzia, seconds before the Zephyr One arrives with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents looking for Fitz aboard. Jemma Simmons expresses her conviction that Fitz is nearby, unaware that she just missed his departure.
- Clark Gregg as Pachakutiq/Sarge
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Yo-Yo Rodriguez
- Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw (credit only)
- Barry Shabaka Henley as Doctor Marcus Benson
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Lucas Bryant as Agent Damon Keller
- Matt O'Leary as Pax
- Brooke Williams as Snowflake
- Winston James Francis as Jaco
- Paul Telfer as Viro
- Sola Bamis as Dana
- Xavier Jimenez as Tinker
- Shalin Agarwal as Amit
- Keelin Woodell as Sivian Foreman
- Jay Linzy as Security Guard
- Unknown Actor as Malcolm (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Torres (uncredited)
- Chronyca-2 (footage)
- Sivos (mentioned)
- Kitson (mentioned)
- Fear Dimension (mentioned)
- Sarge's Campaign / Izel's Campaign
- War Against the Chronicoms
- Attack on the Chronicom Vessel (mentioned)
- Rescue of Sivian Engineers
- Search for Leo Fitz
- Resurrection of Phil Coulson (mentioned)
- Destruction of Earth (mentioned)
- Yo-Yo Rodriguez's Prosthetic Arms
- Quake Gauntlets
- Spray Paint Transporter
- Jaco's Air Supply
- Shrike Detector
- Photostatic Veil (mentioned)
- Window of Opportunity is the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where Phil Coulson does not appear.