|For alternate versions of White Vision, see White Vision's Character Hub|
Vision, also known as White Vision, is a rebuilt synthezoid of the same name, whose body was reactivated by S.W.O.R.D.. Having been given his mission to destroy Wanda Maximoff and her recreated Vision, White Vision was challenged on his own identity, and after acquiring Vision's memories, declared himself to be the true Vision, before departing.
S.W.O.R.D. acquired the corpse of Vision, who had died at the hands of Thanos, and started experimenting on him in the hopes of reactivating him. However, despite attempting to use any and all known power sources in order to do so, all attempts were futile.
Vision's body was reassembled by S.W.O.R.D. and was transported to the S.W.O.R.D. Retreat Base outside of Westview. Now sporting a white form, Vision was reactivated using traces of Chaos Magic found on their dismantled S.W.O.R.D. Drone. Upon his activation, Vision opened his eyes before moving the muscles in his hand.
This Vision had been created as a weapon to be used to destroy both Wanda Maximoff and the Vision she had created inside the Westview Anomaly. In order to make him more succeptible to Tyler Hayward's programming, he was blocked from accessing the original Vision's memories. He was quickly unleashed on Westview.
During a small standoff between Wanda Maximoff and Agatha Harkness, Maximoff had used her abilities to fling a car at Harkness, temporarily ending her immediate threat. In this moment of relief, White Vision flew down to the street and approached Maximoff. Believing that Vision may have truly returned, Maximoff approached, asking if it was really Vision. As they reached each other, White Vision placed his hands on Maximoff's face, in what was initially interpreted by her as an embrace.
White Vision, however, tightened his grip, attempting to crush Maximoff's head under immense pressure. As he did so, he commented that he had been told that she was powerful, clearly surprised at the ease of his task so far. At the right moment, the other Vision flew past, grabbing White Vision and throwing him down the street into a vehicle, which exploded on impact. The victory was short lived, however, as White Vision quickly stood up and walked out of the flames of the destroyed vehicle and towards his targets.
The two Visions engaged in a fight, spiraling through the skies above Westview. During the fight, Vision revealed his programming objective to be to destroy both the Hex reality Vision and Wanda Maximoff. On the other side of Westview, Maximoff confronted Harkness in the town square, where she attempted to help the victims of Westview by allowing them to escape by breaking down the Hex. However, the crumbling Hex started to weaken the Hex Vision.
This allowed for White Vision to gain the upper hand for a moment, using his energy power to knock the other Vision from the sky. The Hex Vision landed beside Maximoff as he was slowly ripped apart. Torn between the greater good and her family, Scarlet Witch stopped breaking down the Hex and instead chose to fight S.W.O.R.D. and Agatha Harkness. Behind her and her family, White Vision landed, intent on destroying them. The Hex Vision, now restored to full strength lead White Vision into the town library, where they entered another standoff.
They engaged in another fight, however, it was only brief as the Hex Vision managed to grab White Vision in a headlock, giving him the time to attempt to reason against White Vision's new programming, telling him that he was not the true Vision and was instead only a conditional Vision. This caused the original Vision to take a moment and contemplate. They began to discuss the Ship of Theseus, and the idea that, if the ship were to rot away, and the planks be replaced, would it still be regarded as the true Ship of Theseus. This began to relate to the two Visions, and which was the true Vision.
They came to an understanding that what made either of them the true Vision is based on their memories and past experience. The Hex Vision pressed the control on the forehead of White Vision, allowing for the past data of experience as an Avenger and his love for Maximoff to be accessed. White Vision uttered the words, "I am Vision," before flying away.
White Vision was programmed for use as a weapon, therefore his emotive and personality programming had been stripped from him, allowing him to function with the single intention to carry out his task at hand. This made him incredibly dangerous, as he would not be able to be reasoned or related to, he could only be defeated by the use of knowledge and logic. He was, however, able to make his own choices and therefore was not a complete slave to his programming.
After he was given access to the data of past experience of Vision, it presumably opened the door for emotion and reason.
Powers and Abilities
Synthezoid Physiology/Chaos Magic Enhancement: Like his original self, White Vision is a sapient construct, a perfect hybrid between organic and inorganic material. His entire body is a mix between a synthetic simulacrum of organic tissue and vibranium, all of which are enhanced by the Chaos Magic to function as a living body. The combination of the vibranium and the magic energy grants him a wide plethora of powers.
- Superhuman Strength: As a synthezoid composed of vibranium, White Vision possesses superhuman strength. He was able to surpass the Hex Vision in terms of physical strength, sending him flying several meters with a single hit, as well as effortlessly lift Wanda Maximoff off the ground.
- Superhuman Durability: The vibranium composition of White Vision's body allows him to withstand attacks of immense force with no visible damage to his exterior. He endurance being thrown to a caravan, as well as the explosion of the caravan and walking through the fire without any problem. White Vision also emerged completely unharmed after being thrown from a great height into a concrete street.
- Density Manipulation: White Vision's control over his density, weight and mass give him the ability to phase through solid objects. As he does so, an aura of blue light envelopes the part of his body that is phased through matter.
- Flight: White Vision is capable of high speed flight. He can control his own motion-based force to move through the air at great speeds and instantly stop moving while in the air by completely freezing his motion.
- Energy Beam: White Vision is capable of firing blue beams of intense energy from his forehead.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Being an artificial intelligence, White Vision is capable of understanding complex topics and decipher the philosophy of identity metaphysics, which in turn allowed him to deduce the purpose of his creation.
- Expert Combatant: As a synthezoid programmed as a sentient weapon, White Vision is a skilled combatant. He was able to outmaneuver the Hex Vision during their battle on Westview.
- S.W.O.R.D. Retreat Base: Located near Westview, New Jersey and its anomaly, this base is where White Vision was first activated and assigned with his first mission : eliminate Wanda Maximoff and her recreation of the original Vision.
Behind the Scenes
- Adam Lytle and Eric Mbanda were stunt doubles for Paul Bettany in the role of Vision.
- John Zimmerman was a stand-in for Paul Bettany in the role of Vision.