|For the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, see What If...|
- "I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and dare to face the unknown, and ponder the question... What if?"
- ―The Watcher
What If...? is an upcoming animated American web television series based on the Marvel Comics series of the same name. It is the fourth television series of Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
What if instead of Steve Rogers, Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) actually became the first Super Soldier? That creative brainstorming exercise is the heart of What If...?, the Marvel Cinematic Universe's first animated series. The anthology reimagines numerous major events from the movies in game-changing ways, and also features Chadwick Boseman, who was able to reprise T'Challa via voice work before his death.
To be added
- Jeffrey Wright as Uatu/The Watcher
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter/Captain Britain
- Michael B. Jordan as Erik Stevens
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Star-Lord
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Young T'Challa
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt
- Stanley Tucci as Abraham Erskine
- Taika Waititi as Korg
- Toby Jones as Arnim Zola
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface
- Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- To-be-confirmed voice actress as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Steve Rogers, Steve Rogers/Zombie Captain America, and Steve Rogers/Spider-Man
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Taneleer Tivan/Collector
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Howard the Duck
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange and Doctor Strange
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as James Montgomery Falsworth
- To-be-confirmed voice actor as Gabe Jones
- To-be-confirmed voice actress as Gamora/Mad Titan
- To be confirmed voice actor as Ultron
- To-be-confirmed voice actress as as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
On April 11, 2019, during Disney's Investor Day, it was announced that the series would premiere during the first year of Disney+.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige revealed most of the cast and announced that the series was scheduled to debut on Disney+ in the Summer of 2021. It was also announced that Jeffrey Wright would voice The Watcher in the series.
On December 18, 2019, Kevin Feige revealed that the first season of the series would consist of ten episodes and that the second season of ten episodes was already in pre-production.
On May 14, 2021, Entertainment Weekly reported that the series will premiere in August of this year, but with no specific release date set.
- Everything we learned at D23’s Disney Plus presentation
- Exclusive: Marvel Studios Producing ‘What If’ TV Series For Disney+
- Variety’s L.A. Women’s Impact Report 2020
- An exclusive look at 26 of summer 2021's must-watch TV shows
- Kevin Feige Reveals What If…? Has More Episodes Than Marvel Studios’ Other Disney+ Series
- Here's All of the Major MCU Actors Returning for What If...?
- Marvel's Kevin Feige Promises "Major Storylines" for Disney+ Shows
- Frank Grillo Returning to MCU as Crossbones in 'What If...?'
- bohner_bricks on Instagram - April 19, 2021
- Marvel Studios Spoilers on Twitter - April 16, 2021
- Anne Talks Comics! on Twitter - April 11, 2021
- Your Complete Guide to Disney+ Entertainment
- Marvel Studios Brings First Animated Series 'Marvel's What If...?' to Disney+
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con