|For other uses, see Wasp (disambiguation)|
The Wasp Suit is an advanced Pym Particle-based suit, similar to the Ant-Man Suit. The first suit was created by Hank Pym and his wife Janet van Dyne for the latter's heroics. A modernized version of the suit originally made by the two is currently being finalized by Pym and his daughter Hope.
This section requires expansion
During the 1980s, Janet van Dyne had convinced her husband, Dr. Hank Pym, better known then as Ant-Man, to allow her to assist him in his S.H.I.E.L.D. operations. He agreed and took her on as his partner and dubbed her Wasp. As such, he developed for her a specialized shrinking suit similar to his own but with specialized wings attached to the back and a visor in her helmet. She became a natural at using the suit and being a hero overall. Several years later, she heroically sacrificed herself to prevent a Russian nuclear missile from destroying the United States. In the process, she deactivated her Pym Particle Regulator and shrank between the molecules to disarm it, disappearing into a subatomic Quantum Realm.
Before her supposed death, Janet and Hank were working on a new version of her suit with a new design and several upgrades. This version was still unfinished by the time Pym showed it to his daughter Hope van Dyne. Later, they restarted the project and began to finish the suit for Hope to use in honor of her mother.
- Neural Reaction System: The second version of the suit has an integrated reaction system, allowing it's user to control all of its features without the push of a button, unlike the Ant-Man Suit, where the user must interact with the suit every time they use size manipulation.
- Flight: Utilizing four artificial, transparent fiber composite, insect-like wings on the suit's upper back, the user can fly at impressive speeds up to a 125 mph and maneuver with great ease and agility. The wings can be compressed and hidden inside a backpack within seconds.
- Size Manipulation: Like the Ant-Man Suit, the suit works by using the Pym Particles in the belt to reduce the distance between the user's atoms, making her smaller and compacting her body's physical structure to the point that she shrinks down to the size of an insect. Her strength and structural density are compacted and increased as well, allowing for her to gain superhuman strength and near-invulnerability when shrunk.
- Self-Contained Environmental Protection: The second version of the suit, like its the third Ant Man suit, is able to insulated from harmful environments, notably underwater. This allows the user to both remain dry and be able to breath underwater for an unknown length of time.
- Stingers: The Wasp suit possesses two gauntlets capable of firing bolts that are powerful enough to blast holes through solid stone, incapacitate an unarmed man, and stun Ghost while she lacked the suit that allowed her to control her phasing.
- Grappling Anchor: The Stingers can also fire a grappling line that can anchor and tether the user to the surface she fired at, with the line then being attached to the waist.
- Disc Launcher: The right Stinger can launch a Pym Particle Disk at a target.