The Mark IV War Machine Armor was the fourth armor given to James Rhodes. It was created sometime after the Avengers Civil War, as a replacement to the Mark III, which was damaged by Vision during the Clash of the Avengers. It was notably used during the Infinity War.
The armor was built by Tony Stark sometime after the Avengers Civil War. As a result of the injuries James Rhodes had suffered during the conflict, the Mark IV armor was significantly more armored around the torso and lower back than its predecessor so as to allow its pilot to walk and better protect both the Arc Reactor and Rhodes himself.
In 2018, James Rhodes donned his armor during the Battle of Wakanda and served as a frontline aerial soldier performing bombing raids on the Outriders and unleashing his artillery on the troop transports. When Thanos arrived, War Machine unleashed his weapons, only to have his projectiles vaporized by the energy field of the Space Stone before the same Stone created powerful compression forces around the armor, grounding it.
Three weeks after the Snap, James Rhodes traveled with his fellow Avengers, Rocket Raccoon, Nebula, and Carol Danvers on the Benatar into space to the Garden in an attempt to retrieve the Infinity Stones from Thanos. Rhodes used the armor to restrain Thanos, who was weakened, by holding his right arm, allowing Thor to cut off his left arm and get the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Superhuman Strength: The armor amplifies the pilot's strength to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Durability: The War Machine Armor Mark IV gives its user enhanced durability, which appears to have been further enhanced from its predecessor as a response to the near-crippling injuries its pilot suffered when that armor fell to Earth due to a friendly fire accident. During the Battle of Wakanda, the Mark IV armor was durable enough to withstand the tremendous force of Cull Obsidian's hammer, melee attacks from the Outriders, and a crash landing with no damage to the pilot. Its durability was best exemplified, however, when it remained operational following being subjected to the power of the Space Stone.
- Flight: Standard since the Iron Man Armor: Mark II, the Mark IV War Machine armor possesses advanced flight capabilities capable of outpacing both the EXO-7 Falcon and the Wakandan hover boats.
- Built-In Walking Aid: Allows for the semi-paralyzed James Rhodes to walk.
- Repulsors: The War Machine Armor MK IV has repulsors in the palms.
- Unibeam: A more powerful version of the hand repulsors mounted on the chest.
- Bomb Dispensers: The War Machine Armor MK IV has two bomb dispensers in the back of the armor.
- Machine Guns: The War Machine Armor MK IV also has multiple machine guns in the armor's gauntlets, and one in the back.
- Missile Launchers: The War Machine Armor MK IV has multiple missile launchers in the armor's back and chest.
- The War Machine MK IV Armor bears an insignia of the United States Air Force on the legs of the armor.
- Similar to the models before it, the Mark IV has its numerical designation painted onto the right arm.
- This is the first War Machine armor to appear unchanged in two separate movies.
|Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark XV • Mark XVI • Mark XVII •
Mark XVIII • Mark XIX • Mark XX • Mark XXI • Mark XXII • Mark XXIII • Mark XXIV • Mark XXV • Mark XXVI •
Mark XXVII • Mark XXVIII • Mark XXIX • Mark XXX • Mark XXXI • Mark XXXII • Mark XXXIII • Mark XXXIV •
Mark XXXV • Mark XXXVI • Mark XXXVII • Mark XXXVIII • Mark XXXIX • Mark XL • Mark XLI
Mark XLII • Mark XLIII • Mark XLIV/Veronica • Mark XLV • Mark XLVI • Mark XLVII • Mark XLVIII • Mark L • Mark LXXXV
|Mark I • Mark II/Iron Patriot • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|Mark I • Mark II|
|Spider-Man Suit • Iron Spider Armor|
|Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIX|