WandaVision is an upcoming American web television series based on the Marvel Comics superheroes of the same names. The series is a sequel to Avengers: Endgame and a prequel to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. It is the second television series of Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
Marvel Studios' WandaVision blends the style of classic sitcoms with the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision – two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban life – begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Paul Bettany as Vision
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau
- Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
- Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
- Kathryn Hahn as Agnes
On September 18, 2018, Variety reported that Marvel Studios was developing a limited TV series for Scarlet Witch on Disney+, with Elizabeth Olsen set to reprise her role for the series, while Kevin Feige was confirmed to serve as an executive producer.
On October 30, 2018, /Film reported that Paul Bettany was expected to reprise his role as Vision and play a large role in the series, which will focus on the relationship between Vision and Scarlet Witch.
On November 30, 2018, Deadline reported that the series was set to premiere in 2019 and that it would be titled Vision and the Scarlet Witch, although the title was later removed from the article.
On January 9, 2019, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Jac Schaeffer would serve as the showrunner and an executive producer of the series and would write the pilot episode. They also reported that the series would be titled The Vision and Scarlet Witch.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige announced that the series was scheduled to debut on Disney+ in the Spring of 2021. It was also announced that Teyonah Parris would appear in the series as Monica Rambeau.
On August 23, 2019, at D23 Expo 2019, Kevin Feige announced that Kat Dennings and Randall Park are set to reprise their roles as Darcy Lewis and Jimmy Woo in the series, and that Kathryn Hahn had joined in an undisclosed role. It was also revealed that Matt Shakman would direct all six episodes.
In September 2019, it was reported that the series would start production on November 4, 2019, in Atlanta.
On January 1, 2020, Disney+ posted a video on Twitter advertising what is coming to the service in 2020, revealing that the series will debut in 2020 instead of 2021.
On March 1, 2020, it was reported that the series had wrapped principal photography.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Marvel's 'Vision and Scarlet Witch' Series Lands 'Captain Marvel' Writer (Exclusive)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany Star as Wanda Maximoff and The Vision in New Disney+ Series, WandaVision
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Disney+ Amasses Nearly 29 Million Paid Subscribers Since Launch
- ↑ Marvel Debuts First Footage From ‘WandaVision,’ ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier,’ and ‘Loki’
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Disney+: A Comprehensive Guide to All Its Programming (So Far)
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Details on Marvel Studios ‘WANDAVISION’
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Josh Stamberg joins 'WandaVision'
- ↑ Marvel's hiring writers
- ↑ Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Falcon/Winter Soldier TV Series Planned for Disney Streaming Service, Scarlet Witch Show May Co-Star Vision
- ↑ Spider-Women, Captain Marvel & Harley Quinn: Females Fly In The Face Of Old Hollywood Perceptions
- ↑ Your Complete Guide to Disney+ Entertainment
- ↑ Disney+ Marvel Series WandaVision Start Date and Length Revealed by Elizabeth Olsen
- ↑ SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- ↑ 'WandaVision' To Begin Filming in November
- ↑ SESAC Origins: Christophe Beck Talks Frozen 2, The Beck Diversity Project and More
- ↑ Disney+ on Twitter - January 1, 2020
- ↑ WandaVision Celebrates End of Filming With Wrap Party
- ↑ Marvel’s Disney Plus Shows Pause Production Due to Coronavirus
Black Widow • The Eternals • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings •
Spider-Man 3 • Thor: Love and Thunder • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier • WandaVision • Loki •
What If...? • Hawkeye • Ms. Marvel • Moon Knight • She-Hulk