- In the comics, originally, Vanaheim was one of the regions of Asgard's planetoid. This was later retconned in the most recent canon.
- Vanaheim is seen to be densely wooded with little evidence of heavy-industrialization of space-faring races. While its people do possess weapons similar to the Asgardians, they apparently live in camps and small villages, rather than large cities.
- In the non-canon video game Thor: God of Thunder, the Rock Trolls of Nornheim were banished from their native realm and they occupied Vanaheim. Skraelings are also inhabitants of Vanaheim.
Behind the Scenes
- Sequences in Vanaheim where shoot in Bourne Wood, England. Originally, the production was looking for locations with wide forests in China and Bolivia.
- Mayan,Christian and Asian references were studied by the production to create the tribal feeling of Vanaheim. Eventually, Mayan references were dropped out to avoid similarities with Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.