FANDOM


  • The picture everyone assumes is of the Air Elemental is actually of a fusion of the 4 elementals. The Air Elemental is never seen, and its name is never said to be Whirlwind.

      Loading editor
    • It's called cyclone at the start of the film

        Loading editor
    • I just watched it and it's not called air elemental once

        Loading editor
    • Air Elemental is a conjectural title. It's not its name, it's just what it logically could be called. If you have actually seen the film, then I'll let up.

        Loading editor
    • It's not called Cyclone

        Loading editor
    • Well I just watched the film and fury said a cyclone attacked a village ergo he was referring to the air one since it had clouds and lightning, pls watch the film, I'll even give yay the exact time he said cyclone of you need refresher

        Loading editor
    • The "cyclone" in the beginning of the movie was referring to the Sandman. Fury mentions that a week after Mexico, a second Elemental attack happened in Morocco. Process of elimination, since the Water elemental struck in Venice and the Fire Elemental in Prague, the Air Elemental was in Morocco.

      The Air Elemental is never given a name in the movie. As a matter of fact, none of the Elementals are given specific names like Sandman or Hydro-Man. They're just referred to as "Water" or "Fire".

        Loading editor
    • Look either way we gotta name it something and the fact cyclone was mentioned I suggest we stick with that

        Loading editor
    • Just name it "Air Elemental"

        Loading editor
    • Thank you Mister Explicit. I've been saying that for so long.

        Loading editor
    • Nope that doesn't make sense since it wasn't called air elemental in the film your name has as little relevance as the previous suggested ones, cyclone was mentioned and it was about the stork creature not sandman.

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote: Well I just watched the film and fury said a cyclone attacked a village ergo he was referring to the air one since it had clouds and lightning, pls watch the film, I'll even give yay the exact time he said cyclone of you need refresher

      I walked out of the theatre two hours ago. The "village" he was referring to was Ixtenco, Mexico. The "cyclone with a face" was Sandman. The villagers in question were the villagers in Ixtenco. Fury even says in the movie that the Mexico attack was the first one, and that the Air Elemental attack didnt happen until a week later...

        Loading editor
    • Look we can we just call it cyclone for naming consistency since the all of them have been confirmed by directors to be based on b-list spidey villains

        Loading editor
    • Actually, none of them were confirmed by directors at all. The directors said they were based off b-list villains, yes, but as far as names go, none were confirmed.

      Hydro-Man and Molten Man's names were put up because a LEGO box set confirmed them. Sandman's name was "confirmed" by Comicbook.com, a controversial and unreliable site for comicbook information.

      Take it up with administration, but I will save you the trouble by saying that Cyclone nor Whirlwind is an appropriate name for the Air Elemental.

        Loading editor
    • While personally I agree that it likely is an homage to Cyclone, there's not really any evidence backing that up. A far more appropriate solution would be to make a note of it in the Trivia section, and maybe to add a redirect, but unless the name is confirmed, naming the page Cyclone is pure fanfiction.

        Loading editor
    • ^^ ditto

        Loading editor
    • Neither is air elemental how bout we call it zephyr the actual air elemental name from the comics compromise?

        Loading editor
    • Look we gotta name it something I vote naming it zephyr the actual air elementals name in the comic

        Loading editor
    • Why are you still on about this?

      Arguing about this is futile, just leave it like it is for now until administration starts putting their says in.

        Loading editor
    • It's never refered to as Zephyr. All we know about it is that it is an Elemental, and that it represents Air. Therefore, Air Elemental is a very appropriate name.

        Loading editor
    • It's not really a air elemental it's more of a combination of the previous three we should call it Storm elemental

        Loading editor
    • It's annoying you can't rename articles anymore

        Loading editor
    • Okay, let me pull up the Naming Policy for this wikia, for Character Entries.

      Character entries should be listed by their Marvel Comics codename if it is used for the character either as a codename (e.g. Iron Man) or used as an alias for the character within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (e.g. Absorbing Man), in case he is the latest or current user of the codename. This includes the official credits for a movie or TV episode.

      Codenames that are exclusive for the Marvel Cinematic Universe used with the same value follow the same rule.

      If the codename is not used, or the character does not have a codename, his real name should be the name of the article.

      Other casual aliases or familiar names should never be the name for an article unless there is no other option.

      The Air Elemental is never credited with a name, such as Whirlwind, Cyclone or Zephyr. He is never referred to as such, either. Those codenames are never used in the movie: in the movie, the only casual names that are used are "Air Elemental" and "Air".

      It's not really a air elemental it's more of a combination of the previous three we should call it Storm elemental

      You're forgetting that "storm" isn't a natural element, like air is. They never call it Storm Elemental in the movie either, so idk what you were attempting to justify with that proposal.

      I rest my case.

        Loading editor
    • Why did I never hear air elemental because I was vigilant the whole movie stop making stuff up

        Loading editor
    • Just let it go man. Did anyone say "Storm Elemental" during the movie? You're just changing stuff to feel like you won something

        Loading editor
    • Let's just call it elemental

        Loading editor
    • Why is that a better name than Air Elemental?

        Loading editor
    • Because it's never called air elemental

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote: Because it's never called air elemental

      That's pretty bold of you to say for someone who proposed to call it Cyclone, Zephyr, Storm Elemental, and Elemental, none of which were in reference to the air-based elemental.

        Loading editor
    • Please just let this go. If you really feel like the article needs to be renamed, take it up with one of the admins.

        Loading editor
    • ^^

        Loading editor
    • I don't frickin know anymore this is just really confusing situation everyone has conflicting views

        Loading editor
    • Then let it go. At this point, you only want it changed so you can feel like you came out on top.

        Loading editor
    • Nope it's cyclone end of discussion

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote: Nope it's cyclone end of discussion

      Nope.

        Loading editor
    • God this discussion is getting really messy I think you guys need to chill but I think we should use cyclone since it was actually said in the movie

        Loading editor
    • MrGum4555 wrote: God this discussion is getting really messy I think you guys need to chill but I think we should use cyclone since it was actually said in the movie

      We've already established that when the word "Cyclone" was mentioned, it wasn't referring to the Air Elemental.

        Loading editor
    • For the last time it was not referred to as an air elemental nor was it confirmed as an air elemental by the directors all we know that it is an elemental, I was just saying those other names sound better than air elemental

        Loading editor
    • For the last time, It was never refered to as Cyclone either. While it may "sound better" to you, that's not how articles are named. Air Elemental is a clear, logical name that makes sense for the character.

        Loading editor
    • Just leave my page alone I'm writing the biography and stuff and all the character stuff for it you have your page I'll make a proper page

        Loading editor
    • If you want to write the biography, you should write it on the proper page. Having two pages to refer to the same being is redundant.

        Loading editor
    • Look it's not called air elemental in the film thus I will not accept that

        Loading editor
    • It's not called Cyclone in the film either, so by your own logic I can't accept your page. The category Articles that are conjecture was made for the specific purpose of categorizing things that aren't properly named, either in movies or in their atricles. Thus, the Air Elemental is in said category.

        Loading editor
    • Well it's not called that in film therefore it's you have as much reasoning as me

        Loading editor
    • But the difference between your argument and his argument is that his name is conjecture. You just want to change it to the comic counterpart so it would be in tandem with the rest of the articles.

        Loading editor
    • Just leave it you have your page I'll keep the proper one

        Loading editor
    • Look he is based on a b-list spidey villain and that is the closest comic spidey villain to the elemental ergo in sticking with it.

        Loading editor
    • That's TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote:
      Just leave it you have your page I'll keep the proper one

      That's not how it works here.

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote:
      It's called cyclone at the start of the film

      Sandman got referred to a cyclone, a cyclone with a face in it.

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote:
      It's annoying you can't rename articles anymore

      It got blocked BECAUSE of people like you. Who abuse it.

        Loading editor
    • Your arguement has zero logic, a cyclone is a large scale air mass that rotates around a strong center of low atmospheric pressure and I'm talking bout when he said a similar attack in Morocco/Mexico and you never see him refer to Sandman

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't matter. Officially, these Elemental names are Hydro-Man, Molten Man & Sandman. When Nick Fury said "cyclone" he was referring to Sandman.

      In any case, you create a duplicate page which is against the rules. You don't listen to reason & then you tried to say it should renamed to Zephyr even though it's not Zephyr. Honestly, I'm with the other users in reporting you & hoping you just get blocked.

        Loading editor
    • He wasn't referring to Sandman when he was on about the morocco attack he said a similar attack

        Loading editor
    • Anyway since you won't listen to reason discussion ends here

        Loading editor
    • TreeForceLightningTurbo wrote:
      Anyway since you won't listen to reason discussion ends here

      The discussion ended long ago when you refused to listen. It's possible the Air Elemental is Cyclone. However, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CREATE DUPLICATE PAGES. You're supposed to have the Whirlwind page renamed to Cyclone if that was the issue. Regular users can't rename pages anymore, so you use the talk page.

      Instead, you created a separate page for Cyclone and said "you have your page, I'll have mine." WHICH IS AGAINST THE RULES. Do you understand now? If the Air Elemental is Cyclone, we take steps to have the Whirlwind page (created first) to be renamed. Not create a duplicate, secondary page for the same character.

      If you still cannot get that what you did was wrong, then you're right: discussion ends here.

        Loading editor
    • Well they shouldn't have removed the rename page option she I recall was possible as far back as December, if it was ok then it's ok now.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Bring Your MCU Movies Together