- "I need to figure out exactly who I am. I want to choose my own path. Live in the moment."
Thor: Love and Thunder is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. The film is a sequel to Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Endgame. It is the twenty-ninth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the thirteenth installment of Phase Four. The film is set to be released on July 8, 2022.
The film finds Thor on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced — a quest for inner peace. But his retirement is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher, who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie, Korg, and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster, who — to Thor’s surprise — inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjølnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher's vengeance and stop him before it's too late.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster/Mighty Thor
- Tessa Thompson as Brunnhilde/King Valkyrie
- Christian Bale as Gorr the God Butcher
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri / Rocket Raccoon (motion capture)
- Vin Diesel as Groot (voice)
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon (voice)
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Jaimie Alexander as Sif
- Taika Waititi as Korg
- Jeff Goldblum as En Dwi Gast/Grandmaster
- Russell Crowe as Zeus
- Akosia Sabet as Bast
- Peter Dinklage as Eitri
- Matt Damon as Loki Actor
- Luke Hemsworth as Thor Actor
- Sam Neill as Odin Actor
- Melissa McCarthy as Hela Actress
- Ben Falcone as a to-be-confirmed character
- Jenny Morris as a to-be-confirmed character
- Simon Russell Beale as a to-be-confirmed character
- Gabriella Wisdom as a to-be-confirmed character
- To-be-announced as Miek
- Asgard (flashback)
To be added
- Thor's Prosthetic Eye
- Asgardian Armor
- Valkyrie's Armor
- Quad Blasters
- Translator Implant
- Yaka Arrow Controller
- Zeus' Lightning Bolt
- Universal Neural Teleportation Network
- Winged Helmet (flashback)
- Hela's Helmet (costume)
- Flora colossus
- Asgardian Goats
- Valkyrie Steeds
- Falligar the Behemoth (corpse)
On July 16, 2019, The Hollywood Reporter reported that a sequel to Thor: Ragnarok was in development at Marvel Studios and that Taika Waititi would return as the director and that he would also write the script.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige revealed that the title of the film would be Thor: Love and Thunder and that it was scheduled to hit theaters on November 5, 2021. It was also announced that Tessa Thompson would be reprising her role of Valkyrie and that Natalie Portman would return as Jane Foster, who was set to become the goddess of Thunder, Mighty Thor, in the film.
On August 7, 2019, Deadline reported that Taika Waititi had already completed the film's script.
On January 4, 2020, in an interview, Taika Waititi revealed that the film was expected to begin production in August.
On March 6, 2020, in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Tessa Thompson revealed that Christian Bale would portray the film's antagonist.
On April 24, 2020, it was announced that the film had been pushed up a week from its February 18, 2022 release date to February 11, 2022.
On October 15, 2020, it was reported that the working title of the film was "The Big Salad".
On October 18, 2020, in an interview, Chris Hemsworth revealed that the film would begin production in January 2021 and that Taika Waititi was currently finishing up the script.
On November 20, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that due to the film's ensemble cast, it would have "an Avengers 5 feel".
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that Christian Bale would portray Gorr the God Butcher in the film and that the film would be released on May 6, 2022. The next day, Deadline reported that Jaimie Alexander would be reprising her role as Sif in the film.
On January 8, 2021, The Daily Mail reported that Karen Gillan and Dave Bautista would be reprising their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles of Nebula and Drax the Destroyer, respectively, in the film.
On March 1, 2021, it was reported that Matt Damon and Luke Hemsworth would be reprising their roles as Loki Actor and Thor Actor, respectively, in the film. The next day, it was reported that Sam Neill would be reprising his role as Odin Actor in the film, that Melissa McCarthy had joined the cast of the film and that she would portray Hela Actress, and that Ben Falcone had joined the cast of the film in an undisclosed role.
On April 19, 2021, in an interview with the radio show Joy Breakfast with The Murphys, Russell Crowe revealed that he would be portraying Zeus in the film.
On June 9, 2021, it was reported that the post-production of the film was expected to be finished by February 2022.
On October 18, 2021, it was announced that the film had been pushed back from its May 6, 2022 release date to July 8, 2022.
|Sweet Child o' Mine||Guns N' Roses||
|Rainbow in the Dark||Dio||
- Michael Giacchino on Twitter - December 9, 2021
- UPDATE: Marvel Studios Upcoming Films Release Dates
- ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’: First Teaser Reveals a Cosmic Adventure
- Christian Bale Joins Cast of ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ As Gorr the God Butcher
- Sif Returns To The MCU: Jaimie Alexander To Reprise Role In ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’
- Hollywood superstars invade NRL derby at Sydney Olympic Park
- Lane Friedman is listed as his hair stylist on IMDb
- Matt Damon and Luke Hemsworth Return as Fake Loki and Fake Thor
- Matt Damon dons a flowing black wig as he joins Luke Hemsworth and Sam Neill on elaborate theatre-style set for Thor: Love and Thunder in Sydney
- EXCLUSIVE: Melissa McCarthy sports a huge green headpiece as she transforms into Hela with Luke Hemsworth and husband Ben Falcone as they begin filming Thor: Love And Thunder in Sydney after superfan couple said they were 'desperate' for roles
- Sam Neill admits he doesn’t understand his own role in Thor: Love and Thunder
- Simon Russell Beale - Imgur
- Actress Gabriella Wisdom Has A Minor Role in Marvel Studios ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Taika Waititi Offers 'Thor: Love and Thunder' Update With Help from His Friends
- Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi talked ‘Thor 4’ on New Year’s Eve
- Tessa Thompson Has Heard About a Fourth Thor Movie Pitch
- Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- ‘Thor 4’ and ‘Shang-Chi’ to Shoot in Australia; Filming Dates Revealed
- Taika Waititi’s Fox Searchlight Project Will Be ‘Next Goal Wins’, Details Revealed
- Variety on Twitter - January 4, 2020
- Exclusive: Christian Bale in Talks to Join ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’
- ‘Thor’ Sequel Writing Staff Recruits ‘Someone Great’s’ Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (EXCLUSIVE)
- Tessa Thompson Confirms Christian Bale Will Play the Villain in 'Thor: Love and Thunder' (Exclusive)
- Thor 4 to Feature the Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Walt Disney Studios Announces Updated Release Schedule
- 'Marvel Studios' ‘Doctor Strange’ and Marvel Studios' ‘Thor 4’ Conjure New Release Dates
- Serena Williams & Natalie Portman discuss their new NWSL team they will bring to L.A.
- Skyler Shuler on Twitter - October 15, 2020
- Thor: Love and Thunder News on Twitter - October 18, 2020
- THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER IS DOUBLING ITS CHRIS COUNT
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' Sequel Shoot to Begin in July (Exclusive)
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt lands in Australia and heads to a mandatory quarantine hotel in Sydney with his co-stars ahead of production for the new Marvel movie Thor: Love and Thunder
- Matt Damon lands in Sydney for Thor: Love and Thunder role
- Taika Waititi on Twitter - January 26, 2021
- Chris Hemsworth on Instagram - January 26, 2021
- ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’: Russell Crowe Lands Role In Sequel
- Russell Crowe shares some awesome moments with The Murphys!
- ‘THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER’ HEADED TO NEW YORK FOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY
- Luca Vannella on Instagram - May 28, 2021
- ‘In the world of the internet, everything goes away pretty quick’: Taika Waititi
- Dio Music to Be Featured in New ‘Thor’ Movie, Band Shirt in ‘Stranger Things’