The Marvels is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superheroines Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, and Ms. Marvel. The film is a sequel to Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame and a crossover/sequel to WandaVision, Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion. It is the thirty-first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the eighth film of Phase Four. The film is set to be released on February 17, 2023.
Marvel Studios' The Marvels will feature Brie Larson returning to the role of Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers. In the film, she’ll be joined by Teyonah Parris, who was first introduced as adult Monica Rambeau in Marvel Studios' WandaVision, along with Iman Vellani, who will appear as Ms. Marvel in the upcoming Disney+ series of the same name. Prepare to experience it and fly higher, further, and faster with the film, directed by Nia DaCosta!
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau
- Jude Law as Yon-Rogg
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
- Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
- Mohan Kapoor as Yusuf Khan
- Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
- Saagar Shaikh as Amir Khan
- Tessa Thompson as Brunnhilde/Valkyrie
- Gonzo, Rizzo, Archie, and Reggie as Goose
- Zawe Ashton as a to-be-confirmed character
- Park Seo-joon as a to-be-confirmed character
- Shamier Anderson as a to-be-confirmed character
To be added
To be added
To be added
In February 2019, before the release of Captain Marvel, Brie Larson revealed that there were already talks for a sequel. She also expressed her interest to see Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel in that sequel.
On January 22, 2020, it was reported that Megan McDonnell had tapped to pen a script for a Captain Marvel sequel. It was also reported that Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who co-wrote and directed Captain Marvel, would not be returning to direct the sequel and that Marvel Studios were hoping to find a female filmmaker to direct the film, which was eyeing a potential 2022 release. Furthermore, it was reported that the film would be set in the present day.
On April 3, 2020, it was announced that the film would be released on July 8, 2022.
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris would be reprising their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles of Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau, respectively, in the film and that the film had been pushed back from its initial release date to November 11, 2022.
On May 3, 2021, it was revealed that the film had been retitled from Captain Marvel 2 to The Marvels.
On August 10, 2021, in an interview with Siriux XM, Brie Larson revealed that the film had begun production.
On October 18, 2021, it was announced that the film had been pushed back from its initial release date to February 17, 2023.
On November 24, 2021, it was reported that the film had wrapped production.
Behind the Scenes
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’: ‘Candyman’s Nia DaCosta To Direct Sequel
- 'Captain Marvel 2' in the Works With 'WandaVision' Writer (Exclusive)
- ‘The Marvels’ Lands Laura Karpman From ‘What If…?’ as Composer (EXCLUSIVE)
- UPDATE: Marvel Studios Upcoming Films Release Dates
- Kevin Feige Talks 'Shang-Chi,' Avengers and Marvel Phase 4 Goodness
- ‘The Marvels’ Arrives in Theaters November 11, 2022
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ Flies Higher, Further, Faster with Director Nia DaCosta
- Thom Jones is listed as her dialect coach on IMDb
- John Humber is listed as his assistant on IMDB
- Samuel L. Jackson on Instagram - August 11, 2021
- Marie Fink is listed as her stunt double on IMDb
- Simon Rhee is listed as his stunt double on IMDb
- Sonny Louis is listed as his stunt double on IMDb
- Ms. Marvel Star Reveals Show Characters Return In Captain Marvel 2
- Captain Marvel News on Twitter - December 31, 2021
- RPK on Twitter - October 21, 2021
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’: Zawe Ashton Tapped To Play Villain In Marvel Sequel
- Exclusive: Seo-Jun Park joins the Marvel movie 'Captain Marvel 2'... Breathing with Brie Larson
- Samantha Jackson is listed as his assistant on IMDb
- Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson wants THIS character in Captain Marvel 2
- Exclusive: Captain Marvel 2 Ideas "Pretty Amazing" Says Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Shows Off 2020 & 2021 Slate: ‘Black Widow’, ‘Doctor Strange 2’, ‘Eternals’, ‘Shang-Chi & More
- Marvel Confirms ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot, “Mutants” In Development
- The Walt Disney Studios Announces Updated Release Schedule
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ To Film in the U.K.
- CINEMATOGRAPHY WEEK: Sean Bobbitt, BSC, on Shooting Judas and the Black Messiah
- Captain Marvel 2 - Production List
- Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson Hypes Up ‘Epic’ Sequel as Filming Begins
- Captain Marvel NEWS on Twitter - November 24, 2021