The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is an upcoming American web television series, based on the Marvel Comics superheroes of the same names. The series is a sequel to Avengers: Endgame. It is the second installment and the second television series of Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Sam Wilson/Falcon and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier team up in a global adventure that tests their abilities — and their patience — in Marvel Studios' The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
- Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo
- Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter
- Wyatt Russell as John Walker/U.S. Agent
- Clé Bennett as Lemar Hoskins/Battlestar
- Georges St-Pierre as Georges Batroc
- Erin Kellyman as Karli Morgenthau/Flag Smasher
- Adepero Oduye as Sarah Wilson
- Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine
- Desmond Chiam as a to-be-confirmed character
- Miki Ishikawa as a to-be-confirmed character
- Noah Mills as a to-be-confirmed character
- Carl Lumbly as a to-be-confirmed character
- Danny Ramirez as a to-be-confirmed character
- Amy Aquino as a to-be-confirmed character
- To-be-confirmed actor as Isaiah Bradley
On October 30, 2018, Variety reported that Marvel Studios was developing a limited TV series featuring Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+, with Kevin Feige set to serve as an executive producer, while Malcolm Spellman was confirmed to serve as the writer of the series.
On April 11, 2019, during Disney's 2019 Investor Day, it was announced that the series would premiere during the first year of Disney+.
On May 17, 2019, Sebastian Stan revealed that the series would start filming in October 2019. That report also mentioned that it would be filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Later that month, it was reported that the series would premiere in August 2020 and that Kari Skogland was expected to direct the six episodes, with Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp set to reprise their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles of Helmut Zemo and Sharon Carter, respectively in the series.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige announced that the series was scheduled to debut on Disney+ in the Fall of 2020.
In August 2019, it was reported that the series would start production on October 22, 2019, in Atlanta.
On October 21, 2019, filming began at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta under the working title "Tag Team".
On April 24, 2020, Sebastian Stan revealed in an interview that there were about two or three weeks of filming left before production was shut down.
On July 1, 2020, it was reported that the series will shoot in the Czech Republic for nine days in the fall.
On July 17, 2020, it was reported that the series' August premiere date had been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that a new premiere date would be announced soon.
On September 21, 2020, it was reported that the series would premiere in 2021 instead of 2020.
On September 29, 2020, Emily VanCamp revealed that she had finished shooting her scenes for the series.
On October 6, 2020, it was reported that the series had resumed filming in Prague and that filming was expected to continue until October 23.
On October 23, 2020, it was reported that the series had wrapped principal photography.
On December 3, 2020, Emily VanCamp said that the series might premiere in early 2021.
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that the series would premiere on March 19, 2021.
- Falcon-Winter Soldier Limited Series in the Works With ‘Empire’ Writer (EXCLUSIVE)
- Captain America: Civil War Composer Sets Return For Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Exclusive First Look at ‘The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ Streaming on March 19
- Kari Skogland To Direct 6-Part ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Miniseries With Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl & Emily Van Camp
- Marvel Debuts First Footage From ‘WandaVision,’ ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier,’ and ‘Loki’
- THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Set Photo Confirms MCU Debut of Battlestar
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLIDER’ Will Introduce Lemar Hoskins/Battlestar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Emily VanCamp, Georges St-Pierre, & More 'Falcon & Winter Soldier' Stars Return to Marvel Set Amid Pandemic
- How Marvel Comics villain Flag-Smasher ties into The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Actress Adepero Oduye Joins the Cast of ‘THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER’
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Photos Confirm MCU Debut of Sam Wilson's Sister
- EXCLUSIVE: Don Cheadle’s War Machine To Appear In ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’
- ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Adds ‘Reef Break’ Star Desmond Chiam And ‘The Terror’s Miki Ishikawa
- ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’: Noah Mills Joins Cast Of Disney+ Series
- ‘The Falcon & The Winter Soldier’: Carl Lumbly Joins Marvel’s Disney+ Series
- 'On My Block' Actor Danny Ramirez Joins 'Falcon & the Winter Soldier'
- ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Adds Carl Lumbly, Possibly as Another Black Captain America
- Your Complete Guide to Disney+ Entertainment
- Sebastian Stan Reveals What To Expect In Falcon And The Winter Soldier Series, Filming Start Date
- ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad Boards Marvel’s ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Limited Series (Exclusive)
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- Discussing Film on Twitter - August 1, 2019
- Disney+: A Comprehensive Guide to All Its Programming (So Far)
- Falcon and The Winter Soldier Starts Production on Monday
- ‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’ Production Postponed Due to Puerto Rico Earthquakes
- Disney+ Amasses Nearly 29 Million Paid Subscribers Since Launch
- Marvel’s ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ shooting in Prague this month
- Disney Halts ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Prague Shoot Over Coronavirus Concerns
- Marvel’s Disney Plus Shows Pause Production Due to Coronavirus
- Sebastian Stan on 'Endings, Beginnings' and "Massive Action" of 'Falcon and The Winter Soldier'
- Europe's U.S. Travel Ban Won't Stop International Production (But It Won't Help)
- How Georgia Hopes to Lead Hollywood's Return to Production
- 'It's official: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier won't make August premiere
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Disney+ Page Confirms Marvel Series Will Release in 2021
- Emily VanCamp on Instagram - September 29, 2020
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Resumes Filming in the Czech Republic
- Finally, Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Completes Production in Prague
- Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Hopeful For Early 2021 Release Date