|For alternate versions of Thanos, see Thanos's Character Hub|
- "I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong."
Thanos is a member of the Ravagers, the adoptive father of Nebula, and former kingpin in the intergalactic underworld. He was convinced by T'Challa to forget about his quest of wiping out fifty percent of all living creatures, which later left a power vacuum, harnessed by the Collector. Thanos and his Ravager team later went on a mission to steal the Embers of Genesis from the Collector, which would result in a Ravager victory.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 References
- 8 External Links
Quest for the Infinity Stones
Thanos was the last of his species on Titan and planned on wiping out half the universe to give the other half more resources. Thanos would later adopt Nebula after wiping out half of her people, and would upgrade her whenever she failed a task.
Changing his Ways
Talk with T'Challa
However, Thanos met Star-Lord, who was able to convince him that there were other ways to fix the resources problem and keep everyone alive. Thanos, grateful to T'Challa, stepped down from being a warlord and joined the Ravagers. Later, the Collector had risen to fill the power vacuum Thanos had left.
Theft of the Embers of Genesis
When Nebula came to the Ravagers with a plan to steal the Embers of Genesis from the Collector's Museum, Thanos and Korath the Pursuer staged a public distraction drawing away the Black Order from the museum. When they recognized Thanos however, the Order sounded the alarm. Along with the rest of the Ravagers, Thanos was imprisoned, bearing witness to T'Challa confronting Yondu Udonta about his lies about what had become of Earth. Following T'Challa being taken away, Nebula freed the group and revealed that she and T'Challa had masterminded everything while she had stolen the Embers.
When the ruse was exposed, Thanos stayed behind to hold off their pursuers, engaging a force of Sakaarans before he fought Black Dwarf. Though he managed to stalemate and slowly overpower his former general, he was caught unaware by Proxima Midnight stabbing his leg. Tag-teamed, Thanos was overpowered only to be saved by Nebula, who shot Midnight and activated an Ember within Black Dwarf. As the vegetation began quickly growing, Thanos carried Nebula back to one of the M-Ships and escaped.
Travelling to Earth
Once T'Challa had found a Wakandan spacecraft within the Collector's vehicle bay, he expressed a desire to return home. The Ravagers subsequently travelled to Earth and received a royal welcome in Wakanda. In the subsequent celebration, Thanos spoke to Okoye about his original plan. When she summarized it as genocide, Thanos noted that it was technically not due to the spread of death being random and touted its efficiency, much to the embarrassment of Nebula, as he cuddled with Cosmo.
Whereas Thanos of the main universe was a leader, this Thanos follows a leader, feeling indebted towards Star-Lord for guiding him towards a different lifepath. While still believing that his genocidal plan of decimation had merits, he has considered alternatives and now jokes about it alongside his fellow Ravagers. Thanos is also shown to be more sociable, hanging out with his teammates and sharing drinks with them on Contraxia, as well as engaging in a conversation with Okoye and Nebula in Wakanda.
Thanos has also demonstrated acts of loyalty and courage, as he battled members of the Black Order, in order to enable his daughter and fellow Ravagers to escape. Contrasting their counterparts in the Sacred Timeline, Thanos and Nebula had a much healthier relationship, saving each other during the Theft of the Embers of Genesis. By contrast, Thanos retained no emotional attachment to the Black Order, unhesitatingly engaging them in combat. Though like his primary counterpart, he retained a strong sense of respect for worthy foes, warning the Ravagers of the Order's combative prowess.
Powers and Abilities
- Titan Physiology: Thanos possesses much of the same physical constitution and abilities from his extinct species. He possesses immense levels of superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. This allowed him to effortlessly overpower and defeat dozens of trained soldiers equipped with high-tech armor and weapons, and go toe-to-toe with powerful warriors like Proxima Midnight and Black Dwarf.
- Superhuman Strength: Thanos displayed very high levels of superhuman strength, knocking armored soldiers through the air with ease. By utilizing his tremendous strength, he could take down multiple soldiers in a single strike, sending them flying into one another. He was also able to hold his own against Black Dwarf while unarmed, despite the fact that Black Dwarf was even larger than him and armed with a heavy chain hammer. He even started to overpower Black Dwarf before Proxima attacked him from behind.
- Superhuman Durability: Thanos was highly durable, as shown when the Collector's soldiers fired upon him with their rifles, despite being hit with a barrage of energy blasts, Thanos was completely unharmed and unfazed, and wasn't even slowed down by the attacks, showing him to be almost entirely impervious to conventional weaponry. He also endured multiple strikes from both Proxima Midnight's spear and Black Dwarf's hammer before finally going down. However, this variant of Thanos was considerably less durable than his prime timeline counterpart (presumably due to his more peaceful lifestyle), as he could be slowed down and subdued with far less effort. He was temporarily stunned by Proxima Midnight's electrical shockwave, screamed in pain when Proxima struck him in the back of the knee, and ultimately got taken down by Proxima and Black Dwarf's combined attacks.
- Superhuman Speed: Despite his size, Thanos could move surprisingly fast, as demonstrated when he charged into battle against the Collector's soldiers, ramming into them before they could get out of the way. The full extent of his speed was shown when he was able to rapidly outrun the giant vines that were exploding out of the ground from the Embers of Genesis.
- Superhuman Agility: Despite his giant size and vast muscle mass, Thanos moved with incredible agility in battle. He was able to leap over a chasm into Kraglin's starship while carrying Nebula in his arms, covering a distance of several dozen meters and gracefully landing in the ship's cargo bay.
- Superhuman Stamina: Thanos' musculature produced almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity. As a result, he could exert himself at peak capacity for a near indefinite period before poison toxins start to impair him.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Thanos, despite his size, possessed incredible superhuman reflexes, to the point that he was able to catch Black Dwarf's hammer in mid-strike. His reflexes also enabled him to dodge out of the way of the giant vines that sprouted up from the ground after the Embers of Genesis became active.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Thanos' physiology possessed a powerful regenerative healing factor, which allowed him to quickly regenerate from his minor wounds. After enduring a brutal beating at the hands of Proxima Midnight and Black Dwarf, he was able to get up again with no signs of injury.
- Longevity: Thanos had lived for over a thousand years of age yet was still in his prime by the time of the attack on the Collector's base during the 21st century.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Before the Collector rose to power, Thanos was the most ruthless kingpin in the intergalactic underworld.
- Expert Combatant: Thanos is a highly experienced warrior and hand-to-hand combatant, and his combat skills supplemented by his physical prowess enable him to overpower many opponents. Under his tutelage, his adoptive daughter Nebula became an extremely formidable fighter in her own right. He was able to take out dozens of the Collector's soldiers, and he seemed to have the edge when fighting Black Dwarf in one-on-one combat. However, this Thanos was not nearly as skilled in combat as his main universe counterpart, as his years of living a peaceful life as a gardener had caused his skills to atrophy. Specifically, he had trouble dealing with multiple opponents on his own strength level (as shown when Black Dwarf and Proxima Midnight were able to take him down by working together), and was vulnerable to being caught off-guard (which enabled Midnight to stun him with an electrical shockwave and later to strike him from behind to great effect).
To be added
- Iron Lotus: To be added