Talos is a Skrull General who collaborated with Mar-Vell in order to save the remnants of his own people from the Kree Empire. As the war between the Skrulls and Kree progressed, Talos managed to extract information about the Light-Speed Engine from Carol Danvers and arrived on Planet C-53 to retrieve it. On C-53, Talos confronted Vers and Nick Fury, while disguised as Keller. However, Talos' deception was soon exposed. Eventually, Talos helped Vers to realize that the Kree had been manipulating her as she finally agreed to aid him, fighting the Starforce to find a new home for the surviving Skrulls, as well as his own family.
In 2024, Talos and Soren were asked by Fury to travel to Earth and impersonate himself and Maria Hill respectively and deliver Tony Stark's E.D.I.T.H. glasses to Spider-Man while Fury took a leave of absence on vacation on his flagship. In doing so, Talos took the command of Fury's tactical team and came into conflict with the rising global threat of the Elementals, and bargained an alliance with Mysterio and Spider-Man, before realizing Beck's fraudulence.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Kree-Skrull War
- 1.2 Elemental Attacks
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 References
- 10 External Links
Fugitives from the Kree
- "Your people are terrorists. They kill innocents. I saw the ruins on Torfa."
"Ruins that the Accusers are responsible for! My people lived as refugees on Torfa. Homeless, ever since we resisted Kree rule, and they destroyed our planet and the handful of us left will be slaughtered next unless you help me finish what Mar-Vell started."
- ―Captain Marvel and Talos[src]
A General for what was once the Skrulls' military, Talos had been leading the losing side of the Kree-Skrull War ever since the destruction of their home planet Skrullos at the hands of the Kree Empire and the Accusers. By 1989, Talos brokered an alliance with the rogue Kree scientist Mar-Vell, who offered Talos and the surviving Skrulls refuge on her spacecraft in the orbit of Planet C-53, while she would engineer a Light-Speed Engine to allow the Skrulls to escape Kree opposition.
Unfortunately, Mar-Vell's assassination executed by Yon-Rogg put an indefinite hiatus into her research and set back the Skrulls' opposition in the war. By 1995, a remnant of the Skrulls led by Talos had sought refuge on Torfa as fugitives from the Kree Empire.
The Skrulls, led by Talos, organized an ambush in Torfa with the objective of capturing Vers. On Torfa, Talos successfully kidnapped Soh-Larr to find the coordinates for Mar-Vell's Laboratory, which contained the Tesseract.
They lured Starforce members into the planet by impersonating Soh-Larr and using a code that only he would have known. The Starforce operatives quickly realized that Torfans were disguised Skrulls, led by Talos. As most of the Skrulls were made quick work of by the Starforce, 'Soh-Larr' lured Vers to him, and exclaimed his verification code to prove that he wasn't a Skrull. Despite this, Talos revealed himself and abducted her to the Skrull flagship.
The Skrulls hooked Vers to a machine that allowed them to visualize scenes of her memories, from where they were able to uncover the alias that Mar-Vell used in Planet C-53. Once Vers got back her consciousness, she escaped from the machine and promptly started attacking every single Skrull on site. Talos tried to stall her on her way to the ship's escape pods, though his efforts were futile.
Crashing in Los Angeles
The four pods carrying Talos, Norex, and two other Skrulls crash-landed in the Pacific Ocean, on the coast of California, and later emerged at a beach during a sun-sprawling morning in Los Angeles. While familiarizing themselves with their surroundings, Talos gave orders to the three Skrulls under his command to locate Vers. To blend in with the rest of the beach, Talos and the Skrulls simmed several human surfers.
During the Chase of the Skrulls, which resulted in the death of his subordinate at the hands of Nick Fury, Talos confronted and assumed the guise of Keller, in order to gain the trust of his situational enemies.
Talos arrived at the autopsy of the deceased Skrull alongside Nick Fury, pretending to be as confused over the strange alien as Fury was to avoid any suspicion. Still motivated to capture Vers, he instructed Fury to track her down and keep him updated, before sending him off. Once he was alone, Talos began mourning the death of his fellow Skrull and vowed to complete their mission, before leaving as well.
Later, Talos was contacted by Fury via his Pager, who told him that Vers was with him at the Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility in Nevada, where she was attempting to find some more information regarding Mar-Vell. Talos informed Fury that he and several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were coming to apprehend the threat. Arriving at the facility, Fury became suspicious that his superior was a Skrull impersonator when Talos referred to Fury by his first name when they boarded an elevator to capture Vers.
During the elevator ride down, Fury attempted to test "Keller" to confirm his suspicions by asking him if he remembered a strategy during a fictitious mission that he supposedly did with the real Keller in Havana.
Talos, unable to determine if the mission was real or not since Skrulls can only remember recent memories from the people they replicate, said he remembered the fake mission, confirming Fury's suspicion. Talos soon realized that his cover was blown and attempted to disarm and kill Fury, only to be stunned by Vers with a photon blast. While Talos was incapacitated, Fury and Vers escaped to the facility's hangar. After Talos sent several S.H.I.E.L.D. agents after the fugitives, the agents opened fire when the Quadjet became airborne and fled the facility.
Frustrated by losing Vers and Fury, Talos took a moment, when he was interrupted by an agent who informed him about their process of locating the Quadjet, which Talos was confused on how they weren't able to do it quicker. He was then handed a file from Whitcher on a crash that occurred six years ago that matched Vers' memories. Talos then asked if there was a record of the crash, which Whitcher informed him of a Black box that they had, which Talos later instructed Norex to retrieve. Talos then looked at the files and discovered Maria Rambeau and her address, leading him to head to the location.
Negotiating an Agreement
Talos and Norex tracked Vers to the Rambeau Residence, after she found out the truth about her real origins, about her being from Earth and previous Air Force pilot working with Mar-Vell. At first Carol, Maria and Fury believed him to be there for evil intentions. Talos was able to convince them that he was there to negotiate a peaceful deal and everybody calmed down.
Once the negotiation is successful, restoring Carol Danvers' memories of her crash, Talos alongside Maria Rambeau and Nick Fury began to find Mar-Vell's hidden Laboratory ship at space nearby Earth, while Norex remained on Earth as a decoy to lure the Starforce, by disguising as Danvers. With the distraction a success, at cost of Norex's life, Talos and his allies finally arrived at Mar-Vell’s hidden lab ship, reuniting with his family and the fellow surviving Skrulls hidden by Mar-Vell once more.
Yon-Rogg learned of the laboratory in orbit and attacked it alongside the rest of the Starforce, capturing Talos and his people, alongside Nick Fury, Maria Rambeau and Goose who were put in other cells, while Carol Danvers was sent to commune with the Supreme Intelligence. During a mental battle with the Supreme Intelligence, Danvers managed to break free of its control and awaken her true power which caused all electrical devices aboard the laboratory to overload, including the cells Talos and his people were kept in, freeing them. Talos then managed to dispose of and disguise himself as one of the Kree soldiers.
While disguised as a Kree soldier, Talos and his people reunited with Fury, Rambeau, and Goose. Talos was shot and injured by Yon-Rogg, but he managed to escape Mar-Vell's lab with his allies in a Quadjet. Minn-Erva attempted to shoot down their Quadjet, but Rambeau killed her in air combat, saving Talos and his people on board the Quadjet. Meanwhile, the Kree army finally retreated because of Danvers' undefeatable power.
Finding a New Home
Once the battle was over, Talos and his family sought temporary refuge at the Rambeau Residence, joining them for dinner. Afterwards, Captain Marvel left to search the galaxy for a habitable planet for the Skrulls to live. Using the Light-Speed Engine, Talos and his family followed suit.
Sometime after the Battle of Earth, Talos and Soren were called to Earth and re-established contact with Nick Fury. Fury asked the pair to impersonate him and Maria Hill respectively on Earth, as Fury wished to take a vacation on Talos' flagship. Fury also tasked Talos with delivering Tony Stark's glasses, outfitted with a tactical intelligence system named E.D.I.T.H., to Peter Parker, whom Talos was informed was the secret identity of an Avenger named Spider-Man.
In 2024, Talos and Soren, as Fury and Hill, began an investigation in Ixtenco, Mexico after a village was destroyed by an unidentified entity. Discussing their case, Talos and Soren encountered Sandman who was immune to their bullets and was ready to attack them. Suddenly, Quentin Beck appeared at the scene and successfully defeated Sandman, to Talos' and Soren's surprise. Beck informed Talos and Soren that the Elementals were from another Earth and that he had come from the same Earth and following them to their Earth to take them down. Together with Beck, Talos and Soren traveled to Morocco where they seemingly defeated Cyclone. Realizing that they needed help in dealing with the Elemental Attacks, Talos decided to enlist the aid of the Avengers. However, as he was unaware of who or where the remaining Avengers were, Talos decided to recruit Spider-Man, the only Avenger whose identity and whereabouts he was aware of.
Talos called Peter Parker and Happy Hogan multiple times but was unsuccessful, as Parker did not wish to speak with "Nick Fury". As a result, Talos awaited him in his room at the Hotel DeMatteis. When Parker and Ned Leeds arrived in the room, Talos tranquilized Leeds before noting that he had been fed up with Parker ghosting his calls. Talos then explained that it was nice to finally meet him as he had sarcastically noted that he had seen Parker at Tony Stark's funeral.
He then informed Parker about the situation about a mysterious Cyclone appearing at Morocco. As he kept on talking, he was repeatedly interrupted by Parker's tour group members at the door. Furious, Talos threatened Parker by saying if another person knocked on that door that they were going to attend another funeral. They then relocated to his hideout in Venice. On the way, Talos handed Parker the glasses that Tony Stark was going to give him before his death.
When they arrived at the base, Talos introduced Parker to Soren, who was impersonating Maria Hill, Quentin Beck, and Dimitri Smerdyakov, who explained the situation. Talos told Parker that Beck was from a different world. Once Talos told Parker that he was going with him and his class to Prague, Parker told him that this all seemed too difficult to handle for just a 'friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.'
As Talos tried to justify his duty by him being in space, Parker noted that he was only there on accident. When Parker asked why Talos didn't seek the help of Thor, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel, Talos told him that Thor was off-world, Strange was unavailable and told him to not mention Captain Marvel's name.
He then requested Parker to help in their mission to destroy the Elementals, with the Molten Man projected to appear in Prague. Talos agreed when Parker stated that he wanted to stay in the trip to please his aunt and protect his identity so he could not be seen or else the whole world will find out who he really is.
Parker then thanked Talos for the offer on the mission before he was escorted back to his hotel by Smerdyakov. Since Parker wanted to continue his vacation, Talos hijacked the travel itinerary of his European tour to change the Paris stop to Prague to "respect" Parker's wishes of staying on his vacation while ensuring the mission succeeds.
Talos rerouted Peter Parker's travel group to a rest stop in Austria where the Seamstress would deliver Parker stealth Spider-Man Suit. However, he later learned the incident of Parker's negligence calling for an inadvertent drone strike on his tour bus endangering his friends. The night of Parker's arrival in Prague, he yelled at him to focus on planning the mission out.
When Mysterio justified the distraction, Talos noted that Parker had obstacles and had to completely remove them. When Talos asked Parker about the plan, he told the group that he will be at the cathedral to keep an eye on the Fire Elemental, contact the crew, and fight it along with Mysterio, much to Beck correction on the name. Once Parker left, Quentin Beck followed momentarily. Talos then berated Parker for his negligence in the endangering his friends. Feeling bad for yelling at Parker, Talos sent Mysterio to comfort him.
As Parker and his class were seating in the State Opera, Talos called Parker through the latter's earpiece to determine if he was in position. As Parker was attempting to talk his way out of the opera, Talos urged him to move. Once Parker was set in the predicted coordinates of the Molten Man that arose from the ground and began the assault.
During the battle where Beck and Parker were struggling to suppress the creature, Talos and Soren in their respective forms raced with their assault teams to reach the duo. They arrived at the climax of the battle, where just as the Molten Man was gaining too much mass, Beck seemingly sacrificed himself to destroy it and emerged victoriously.
Maintaining his persona, Talos approached Beck to propose a new team and to rendezvous in Berlin for talks. While Beck agrees candidly, he approached Parker to tell him that he wants him in Berlin as well. Talos then told Parker that he has gifts and he's got to decide if he's going to step up, but while the young hero was gifted, he needed to find focus in how he used himself.
Talos further noted that Tony Stark chose him and made him a member of the Avengers. Talos noted that he needed an Avenger and the world as well but wasn't sure if Spider-Man was the one to be that. Talos then told Parker that Stark might be wrong before departing with his team for clean-up and mission report activity, while Beck invited Parker to a pub.
An unexpected resurgence of Elemental activity made Talos call in Mysterio to scout the city of London to report what had happened. After Beck departed, Talos received a call from Happy Hogan with a coded message, alerting him of Beck's deception. As the Elemental Fusion attacked Tower Bridge, Beck's report of the matter finally convinced Talos that Beck was lying.
Readying for a potential attempt on his life, Talos sent Soren to the top of the roof of the office building in which they were supervising the battle from with a rocket launcher. When Spider-Man exposed the illusion of the Drones, including the cloaked drone sent to assassinate Talos, he signaled to Soren, who replied by firing at the drone and destroying it with the rocket launcher.
Following Spider-Man emerging victorious after a one-on-one confrontation with Mysterio, Talos wanted a debrief with him, which was denied by Happy Hogan, stating that Parker wanted to enjoy what was left of his vacation. Talos chuckled at the response, demanding Hogan ensure some report of how the battle occurred, or there would be consequences.
Contacting Nick Fury
Following the Battle of London, Talos attempted to brush off Mysterio's machinations as being fine, citing that Spider-Man had handled it, although he stated that, as a shapeshifter, it was embarrassing to have been tricked by illusions and holograms. Regardless, Soren compelled him to report the events to Nick Fury. Talos then called Fury and confirmed that he had delivered Tony Stark's E.D.I.T.H. glasses to Peter Parker, but was hesitant to go into full detail about the events that had transpired. Talos notified Fury that everything had gotten out of control and that people kept asking him about the Avengers, which he was unable to adequately answer, and thus requested that Fury return. While Talos was delivering the long message, Fury disconnected the call.
- "You know, you should always be polite to your neighbors. You never know when you might need to borrow some sugar."
Despite appearing to be a fearsome military leader on the surface, Talos is an honorable, kind, and caring leader who wants the best for the Skrull population and his family, whose safety he puts before everything else. He respects diplomacy, often choosing to solve problems through negotiations rather than conflict, as he called out Carol Danvers for being too quick to attack during his visit to the Rambeau Residence. That being said, Talos has an intense hatred towards the Kree and won't hesitate to resort to violence when facing them or those who he thinks are their allies, as was seen by how he also attempted to kill Nick Fury when the latter was working with Vers and discovered that he was impersonating Keller.
Talos is a pragmatic person willing to forgive others and accept his mistakes, as he decided to seek help from Danvers and Fury upon discovering that they were being misled by the Kree into thinking that the Skrulls were the enemy and wanted to clear the misunderstanding despite knowing that Danvers could eradicate any of his soldiers with ease. Talos was even willing to confront Fury and Danvers in his true form without any shapeshifting as a sign of trust and helped Danvers rediscover her real identity. He also apologized to Fury for their previous encounter.
Once his trust is earned, Talos is a very loyal ally and respects the wishes of those he works with; after learning of Fury's preference to only be called "Fury", he used this as a code word to let him know he had disguised himself as one of the Kree attempting to take him and the Skrulls hostage. Talos also felt sympathetic towards Danvers after learning that she had been manipulated by the Kree into becoming their weapon, he did not hold any grudge against her for her previous hostility either.
Talos also has a tendency to use humor as a way to defuse tense situations, but due to being unaccustomed to human socialization, he can sometimes come off as awkward when asked about his shapeshifting abilities. Talos is afraid of Flerkens, he often warned Nick Fury to stay away from Goose, which eventually became the ultimate price of his regrets, his left eye.
Talos and Fury maintained a friendship over the years, to the point that Fury allowed Talos to impersonate him in order to investigate the Elementals and track down Spider-Man. During that time, Talos knew Fury's mannerism and history enough that he could convincingly trick everyone around him into thinking that he was the real Fury; however, some aspects of his impersonation were off, most notably Talos' trusting nature made him believe Mysterio's lies rather easily, whereas it is implied that the real Fury would've seen through Beck's deception or been more suspicious of it. Talos was embarrassed for being fooled by Mysterio, being a shapeshifter with extensive experience at deceiving others.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting: Like the rest of his species, Talos has the ability to shapeshift into sentient humanoid beings, perfectly matching their height, voice, unique physical characteristics, and even copying their clothing- by way of Skrull co-morphing apparel. However, he has to visually perceive the person who is going to be imitated, and Talos has admitted that this is more of a skill requiring practice, and perhaps some remarkable talent to use.
- Voice Impersonation: Talos is able to accurately replicate the voice of whoever he is shapeshifting into as a means to further sell the impersonation. However, he is still able to use his normal voice while mimicking someone else.
- Memory Replication: Talos is able to mimic the exact memories of anyone he replicates, allowing him to perfectly imitate the person. However, he can only replicate the person's short-term memory and most recent thoughts, making him unable to use information from years ago but recent memory like the last few days. This was how Nick Fury deduced that he was not Keller, as Talos referred to him by his first name "Nick", which Keller never did.
- Superhuman Strength: Talos has considerable levels of superhuman strength and was able to overpower Nick Fury easily and toss him around. However, his strength is average when compared to others of his race.
- Superhuman Durability: His skin, bones, and muscles are denser and tougher than a human being, being able to survive a direct Photon Blast from Carol Danvers at approximate point-blank range.
- Enhanced Agility: Talos was able to fight with Carol Danvers and Nick Fury, with both agility and superior reflexes.
- Expert Combatant: Talos is highly trained in unarmed combat, capable of fighting expert combatants such as Carol Danvers, Yon-Rogg, and Nick Fury.
- Expert Leader: Talos was a General of Skrull forces, and even after their home planet was destroyed, he led a group of surviving Skrulls on Torfa and their flagship into capturing Vers, Starforce's most prominent member, and eventually led them to victory by allying with her.
- Expert Marksman: Talos is an accomplished marksman, capable of using a blaster to takedown three Starforce guards with ease. He also precisely shot Ned Leeds in the neck with a tranquilizer dart.
- Expert Tactician: As the leader of the remaining Skrulls, he orchestrated an ambush against the Kree's most elite squad of warriors, leading to the capture of Vers. Even though she proved to be too strong for the Skrulls to keep in custody and easily escaped, Talos again made good use of the situation by infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. and gathering information about her, turning her against the Kree and allying with her; A decision that later pays off greatly, as she single-handedly destroys a large armada of Kree warships and helps the Skrulls find a new home.
Skrull Suit: Talos wore a suit made of Skrull fabric, which was able to change shape with its wearer and was water-proof and bullet-proof.
- Skrull Blaster: Talos carried this as a sidearm, standard to all military personnel of the Skrull race.
- Skrull Electroshock Baton: During the Ambush in Torfa, after he uncovered his disguise as Soh-Larr to Vers, Talos used this baton to electrocute her, and take her into Skrull custody.
- Kree Blaster: Talos carried this as a sidearm while under the disguise as a Kree foot soldier.
- SIG Sauer P226: The SIG Sauer P226 was the standard pistol issued to S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel in the 1990s. Talos obtained one of these handguns when posing as Keller, and tried to use it against Nick Fury, as Fury realized he was a Skrull. However, both of them struggled for the weapon and Fury crashed the car, killing the skrull. Fury managed to easily disarm Talos, but the magazine was ejected in the struggle, so Fury resorted to throw the weapon and try to fight Talos, to no avail due to the skrull's strength.
- Smith & Wesson M&P: Talos carried a Smith & Wesson M&P while disguised as Nick Fury, the same weapon that Fury would carry. As he and Soren arrived in Ixtenco, Mexico, posing as Fury and Maria Hill, he pulled out his sidearm when Mysterio appeared, but soon draw his aim and fired at Sandman, who emerged suddenly and attacked them.
- Crosman 2240 CO2 Pistol: Talos carried this pistol, modified as a tranquilizer gun while disguised as Nick Fury, in order to fire a dart at Ned Leeds to recruit Peter Parker to help him deal with the elementals.
- Tony Stark's Glasses: Talos received this pair of glasses, which housed the E.D.I.T.H. A.I., from Fury, who in turn had received them from Tony Stark in the event of his death. The Skrull kept these glasses with him until he gave them to Parker.
- Skrulls' Ship: Talos was the commander of a large ship in Earth's orbit, which served as their flagship. After he captured Vers, he brought her to this ship, as it housed a memory probe that he wanted to use to search her memories.
- Quadjet: Talos' science advisor modified the Quadjet that Vers and Nick Fury had stolen, making it capable of launching into Earth's orbit. Talos then took the Quadjet to Mar-Vell's Laboratory, along with Vers, Fury, Maria Rambeau and Goose. He rode it again when they escaped the laboratory and went back on Earth.
- Mar-Vell's Laboratory: Mar-Vell had kept a number of Skrull refugees including Talos' family in her laboratory, but was unable to inform Talos of its whereabouts in Earth's orbit before she was assassinated. Talos, with help from Vers and Fury, eventually found it and reunited with his family. However, they were forced to escape it after the Starforce arrived at the laboratory.
- Talos' Command Ship: In 2024, when Nick Fury decided to take a vacation away from Earth, Talos impersonated him on Earth while Fury took vacation of this ship.
- Audi e-tron SUV: Disguised as Nick Fury, he rode this car to missions.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Field Office: After impersonating Keller, Talos visited this office. While watching over the Skrull Spy's body, Nick Fury explained his encounter with the Skrulls to Talos, who ordered Fury to track down Vers and investigate the Skrull invasion.
- Rambeau Residence: To be added
- Mar-Vell's Laboratory: To be added
- Nick Fury's Hideout: To be added
- The Shard: To be added
- In the comics, Talos was a Skrull who didn't possess the shapeshifting abilities of his species due to a genetic defect, but became respected as a fearsome warrior and gained the nickname of Talos the Untamed.
Behind the Scenes
- Ben Mendelsohn portrays Talos' true Skrull form with his own Australian accent, while he portrays Talos disguised as Keller with an American accent inspired by politician Donald Rumsfeld.
- Ben Mendelsohn was uncredited for his appearance in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Kieran Gallagher and Colin Follenweider were stunt doubles for Ben Mendelsohn and Kiante Elam, Venice Smith and Luciano Bacheta were stunt doubles for Samuel L. Jackson in the role of Talos.
- James Henderson was a stand-in for Ben Mendelsohn and Keith Woulard was a stand-in for Samuel L. Jackson in the role of Talos.
- According to Marvel Studios' Senior Visual Development Artist Jackson Sze, the reason Talos wears a trenchcoat is because his look would eventually inspire Nick Fury to wear his own iconic trenchcoat seen in other installments of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, such as The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- An early version of the Captain Marvel script had Talos killed off after being shot by Yon-Rogg, but the character was ultimately spared.
- According to Jon Watts, the Spider-Man: Far From Home post-credits scene that revealed that "Nick Fury" was actually Talos was only added after he watched Captain Marvel, as he felt the reveal was the perfect explication to have Fury being fooled by Mysterio, arguing that "[Fury's] superpower is being skeptical", yet the film needed the character "to be fooled in order to make the story work".
- Captain Marvel
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Post-credits Scene
- Marvel Studios: Character Encyclopedia
- Ben Mendelsohn thinks the evil Skrulls in Captain Marvel are just ‘misunderstood’
- Jackson Sze on Instagram, March 18, 2019
- Ben Mendelsohn: “There’s no doubt – I would definitely play Bond”
- 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' director explains the 6 biggest twists in the movie