Star-Lord's Helmet is an expanding partial helmet worn by Peter Quill.
The helmet was taken from Quill when he was imprisoned by the Nova Corps on the Kyln. During his escape, he retrieved it along with his other belongings. After retrieving his Walkman, he used the helmet to protect himself from the vacuum of space to get to the Milano.
Quill again used the helmet to confront his father, with him using it to scan the ever-shifting terrain. The helmet was destroyed when Ego threw Peter backwards, cracking and breaking it in two in the midst of the battle.
By 2018, Quill had repaired the helmet for reuse, and continued to use it in the battle against Thanos. However, when Thanos assembled the complete Infinity Gauntlet and wiped out half the universe, it was disintegrated along with Quill.
This helmet utilizes a wide array of capabilities. The ones that were exhibited by Star-Lord include:
- Size-Altering: The helmet can be shrunk down into a earpiece that is on the back of the user's right ear, dematerilizing into pixelated blue light.
- Oxygen Purification: The helmet protects the wearer from toxic atmosphere.
- Back-Up Air Supply: The helmet provides oxygen for the wearer in the vacuum of space.
- Pressure Support: The helmet protects the wearer's face from sudden changes in air pressure.
- Heads-Up Display: The helmet can foreshadow an enemy's attack.
- Thermal Vision: It can detect heat sources.