Peter Jason Quill is a Celestial-Human hybrid who was abducted from Earth by the Yondu Ravager Clan in 1988. After his abduction, he began building a reputation as the notorious intergalactic outlaw Star-Lord. In 2014, he decided to leave the Ravagers and operate individually, starting by stealing a precious artifact known as the Orb, unintentionally becoming a key player in the Quest for the Orb. Following his arrest, he forged an uneasy alliance with fellow inmates Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot, who together formed the Guardians of the Galaxy. They first rallied as a team by stopping Ronan the Accuser from destroying Xandar with the Orb's Power Stone.
A few months later, Quill and the other Guardians were hired by Ayesha and the Sovereign to defend interdimensional batteries from an Abilisk. However, after Rocket stole some of the batteries, Ayesha sent the Sovereign fleet after them, with the Guardians being saved when the fleet is destroyed by Ego, Quill's biological father, whom Quill had never met before. Quill spent a few days bonding with his father, but when Ego revealed that he was responsible for Meredith Quill's death, Quill allied with his fellow Guardians to prevent Ego's quest to terraform the universe. After killing Ego and witnessing Yondu Udonta's sacrifice, Quill continued to lead the Guardians of the Galaxy, and eventually started a relationship with Gamora.
The Guardians of the Galaxy then encountered the Asgardian Thor, and began racing against Gamora's adopted father Thanos to procure the Infinity Stones. Splitting up into two groups, Quill led Gamora, Drax, and Mantis to Knowhere to recover the Aether from the Collector, only to lose both it and Gamora to Thanos. Quill, Drax and Mantis later traveled to Titan, Thanos' homeworld, to confront Thanos in person. With help from Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man, the Guardians fought Thanos for a time, during which Quill was devastated to learn that Thanos had killed Gamora, in his anger he unintentionally gave Thanos an opening to strike back and Quill alongside his allies were ultimately defeated. Thanos eventually succeeded in his goal and wiped out half of all life in the universe, Quill and a few other members of the Guardians of the Galaxy were among the victims.
In 2023, five years after his death, Quill was resurrected along with all the other lives claimed by the Decimation. He then returned to Earth with the help of Doctor Strange, participating in the Battle of Earth where he encountered Gamora from an alternate past. After the battle, Quill attended Iron Man's funeral before flying to New Asgard in Norway to retrieve Thor, who had decided to go with the Guardians to help them find Gamora from an alternative past.
Peter Quill was born in late 1980 to Meredith Quill, a human, and Ego, a Celestial, making him a hybrid of the two. His conception was all part of a plot set up by his father to produce a second Celestial, whose power he could use to complete the Expansion, which involved assimilating millions of worlds into Ego's very being. Peter was only one in thousands of different children that Ego conceived over the course of millions of years, though all who came before him were killed and thrown aside, failing to meet Ego's expectations.
Quill never knew his father, as Ego left Earth shortly after his son was conceived. Quill grew up in St. Charles, Missouri under the care of his mother and grandfather. Throughout his childhood, Quill became something of a wild child, getting into numerous fights. He became very close to his mother, who brought together some of her favorite songs from her childhood into a mix tape she titled "Awesome Mix Vol. 1". When other children asked where his father was, Peter told them that his dad was David Hasselhoff and was busy with his career.
Losing his Mother
When he was eight years old, Quill's mother became afflicted with a terminal brain cancer that, unbeknownst to Quill, was caused by Ego, who feared that his son's growing attachment to Meredith would turn him away from his Expansion plan. His mother's illness worsened over time, and shortly before she died, she gave Quill a present and a note attached to it. In her final moments, she begged Quill to hold her hand, but he could not bear to look at her. She died seconds later, leaving Quill distraught and screaming for her as he was pulled from the room by his grandfather.
Directly after her death, Quill ran out of the hospital crying, and was suddenly abducted from Earth by the Ravagers. Their mission was to take him to his father in deep space but their leader, Yondu Udonta, knew very well of Ego's nature and plans. So, he instead decided that they would keep Quill as their own and chose never to tell him about his father. To help Quill understand the various languages out there, he had a translation chip surgically implanted in his neck.
Raised by Ravagers
- "Twenty years, you been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me. Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it. You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family."
- ―Peter Quill to Yondu Udonta
The Ravagers taught Quill how to be the perfect thief. Quill later recalled how, growing up in a Ravager clan, Yondu Udonta had often "kicked the crap out of [him]" in order to teach him how to fight and "kept him in terror by threatening to eat [him]". He also told Quill that they kept him because he was "a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places that adults couldn't", therefore making it easier for thieving. Quill is later told that the threat of being eaten was actually a joke, but as a child he believed it to be serious.
As he grew older, Quill started going by the name Star-Lord, which was a nickname given to him by his mother. Yondu Udonta gave Quill an M-ship when he was ten years old, that Quill named the Milano, after his childhood crush Alyssa Milano. Quill's extensive Nova Corps criminal record includes 1 count of fraud, 2 counts of public intoxication, 1 count of assault and 1 count of illegal manipulation of a Garmosian Duchess. Though Rhomann Dey picked him up for petty theft on one of Quill's capers, the charge was not put on his record. As Quill himself admits, he's slept with a variety of women from other species; one stabbed him when he tried to sneak out.
Discovering The Orb
Living in space for 26 years, Quill built up a reputation as the self-proclaimed legendary outlaw "Star-Lord" and continued to work for Yondu Udonta. During his time with the Ravagers, Quill had became disloyal to them, eventually planning to leave. When Udonta was given a job by the Broker to steal a mysterious item called the Orb from Morag, Quill decided to steal the Orb for himself and flew to the planet.
Quill flew his ship to Morag where he used his Holographic Map to locate an ancient temple where he believed the Orb was being held. As Star-Lord and made his way through all of the various traps and dangers waiting for him in a temple, including little Orloni which had attempted to attack him; he kept himself entertained as he went through the temple by playing his own Walkman and danced to the music, until he managed to locate the Orb inside the Temple Vault, but found it unprotected and so proceeded to use one of his Gravity Mines to pull it out of it's shielded display and steal it, finding the job much easier than he had expected.
However just as he prepared to get away with his prize, Star-Lord was attacked by Korath the Pursuer and his team of Sakaarans who demanded that he drop the Orb. When Star-Lord tried to claim that he was just a junker, Korath noted that he was clearly a member of the Ravagers. Not believing his stories, Korath then ordered his men to take Star-Lord back to Ronan the Accuser for questioning as Star-Lord's name clearly did not impress Korath at all.
Quill was able to distract Korath and killed his Sakaaran soldiers by using his Plasma Sphere before he then shot Korath with his Quad Blasters. Believing he was now safe, Star-Lord picked the Orb up and made his escape while being chased down by Korath. Star-Lord used his jet boots to pick up speed as he made it to the Milano and used the Gravity Mine again to stop the other soldiers from shooting at him, all while Korath furiously ran closely behind him.
Having taken off his helmet, Star-Lord started up his ship and flew away from Morag while Korath still shot at him from a large canon, forcing Star-Lord to use his flying skills to dodge the blasts. Once he had gotten away from the Kree soldier, Star-Lord confidently began cheering until he accidentally flew into a blast of steam which almost caused him to crashland until he was just able to regain control of his ship and then continued to make his hasty escape.
While he was flying away from Morag and catching his breath from the ordeal, Star-Lord was then startled when he discovered that his girlfriend Bereet was still inside the ship. Quill had forgotten that she was there when he went on his heist, something which he quickly informed her of while he left Morag in order to take the Orb away and sell it for a huge profit.
While travelling through space and listening to reports on the Kree-Nova War, Bereet then inadvertently answered a call from Yondu Udonta, who informed Quill that he and his Ravagers had arrived on Morag to find that the Orb was already taken. Much to Udonta's rage, Quill refused to tell him where he was and what his plans were, as Udonta then threatened him and confronted him about breaking the Ravager code before Quill hung up.
Bounty Hunters Attack
- "You have the bearing of a man of honor."
"Well... you know, I wouldn't say that. People say it about me all the time, but it's not something I'd ever say about myself."
- ―Gamora and Star-Lord
Star-Lord went to Xandar in order to sell the Orb, saying goodbye to Bereet before he left. He brought it to the Broker who had made the deal with Yondu Udonta in hopes of selling it to another buyer. The merchant refused to take the Orb after Quill told him that Korath the Pursuer had been working for Ronan the Accuser, who desired to destroy Xandar.
As he was being pushed outside of Broker's Shop, Quill protested Broker's actions before he encountered Gamora, who was standing outside the shop watching the commotion. Changing his tone, Quill claimed that Broker had quit on a deal and did not have any integrity, like he did. Quill then attempted to flirt with Gamora, introducing himself as Star-Lord while Gamora seemed less than impressed by him, despite calling him a man of honor which Quill agreed with.
While Quill continued to try and flirt with Gamora, he was suddenly attacked and kicked in the chest as Gamora took the Orb from his hand and attempted to get away. Quill quickly used Energy Bolas to trip over Gamora before chasing after her and trying to wrestle the Orb away from her hands. However, Quill quickly found himself being overpowered by the assassin, who drew Godslayer and prepared to kill him while Quill was pinned down and defenseless.
Moments before Gamora could execute Star-Lord, however, he was inadvertently saved when Gamora was also attacked by the outlaw duo of Rocket Raccoon and Groot, who both desired the bounty that had been placed on Quill's head by the Ravagers, which stunned him to see well known species from Earth walking and talking. While Gamora attempted to fight off the two bounty hunters so she could regain the Orb, Star-Lord attempted to escape, only to have Gamora throw a knife at his hand and cause him to drop the Orb once again. The pair then wrestled for the Orb with Star-Lord losing the fight again and was pinned to the ground and called a fool by Gamora.
Refusing to be defeated however, Star-Lord distracted Gamora by teaser her while he place one of his Jet Boot Attachments and then activated it, causing Gamora to be sent flying backwards. While Quill celebrated, he was then captured by Groot, only for Gamora to free him by cutting off Groot's arms. Once the bag was opened, Star-Lord used the chance to shoot Gamora with his Quad Blasters and then attempted to escape on foot with the Orb still in his hand.
However before he could get away from his attackers, Star-Lord was shot by Rocket's Laser Cannon, causing him to fall to the floor in agony while Rocket laughed at him. After a lengthy chase, all four were eventually apprehended by the Nova Corps, Quill was arrested by Rhomann Dey, who he had previously been arrested by. Picking him up, Dey teased Quill by mistaking his name as "Star-Prince", much to his annoyance as he was taken away.
Held in the Kyln
Once they all arrived in their holding cells, Star-Lord and the others were forced into a line up by the Nova Corps where all of their own criminal histories were presented for Garthan Saal by Rhomann Dey. Frustrated by this experience, Star-Lord amused himself by giving the middle finger to those looking at him before claiming that it was an accident.
The group were all sent to the Kyln by Saal to begin their sentence, where they all arrived together and continued their disagreements. Quill compared Rocket Raccoon to a normal raccoon that he remembered from Earth. Quill began questioning what Gamora had planned for the Orb until eventually she revealed to them that she was planning on betraying Ronan the Accuser and selling the Orb to a third party who she refused to name. Also, Quill wondered why Groot could only say three words repeatedly.
Quill then spotted one of the mean guards using his own Walkman, Quill quickly stepped through the doorway into the guard's quarters in order to ensure the Walkman was not lost forever. While the others watched, Quill confronted the guard and demanded that he put the Walkman into storage, noting that the song was Blue Swede as the guard refused and instead used a taser rod to then electrocute Quill, knocking him to the floor and easily subduing him.
Quill and all the others were then processed by the Nova Corps as he was stripped down and washed, humiliating him. When Quill then attempted to confront the guards over his treatment, Quill soon found himself being threatened by armed drones which kept him in his place. While being given his prison uniform, Quill was briefly put into the same cell as Rocket Raccoon where he noticed the cybernetic enhancements attached to Rocket's back, although Quill did not comment on them and instead sat in complete silence.
Once Quill and the other members of the group had been processed and stepped into the prison, Gamora was threatened due to her own connection with Ronan and Thanos. Quill himself then almost found himself a target in the prison when a monstrous inmate attempted to start a fight. However Quill was saved by both Rocket and Groot who defeated the Inmate in humiliating fashion and declared that Quill was their booty and no one else was to go near them, Quill did not argue and proudly stated that he was indeed with them.
Quill went to sleep in the group quarters while Gamora got her own personal cell where the prisoners continued to threaten her. During his night in the Kyln, Quill found himself in a tightly kept room where he had to rest of the backs of the other prisoners. However while he could not sleep, Quill overheard Gamora being abducted by one of the guards as well as some of the other prisoners.
Not willing to let her die, Quill followed the activity along with Rocket Raccoon where he found Moloka Dar attempting to slice Gamora's throat before Drax the Destroyer appeared from the shadows and furiously demanded that he be the one to execute Gamora in order to avenge his late wife and daughter. Quill watched as Dar handed Drax his knife, while Gamora tried to get free and claimed to be no family to Thanos and was the only one able to stop the Mad Titan.
As Drax furiously pinned Gamora to the wall and tried to kill her, Quill jumped forward and attempted to distract and keep Drax from killing Gamora. When Drax noted Gamora had tried to kill him, Quill noted all the women, including A'askavariianss who had tried to kill him in the past. Quill then tried to convince Drax that, since she had now betrayed Ronan the Accuser, he would likely come for her allowing Drax to finally exact his revenge, which he soon accepted.
Quill had assured Gamora that he didn't care about her well-being, but knew that she would be able to show him where to sell the Orb. Gamora agreed that if they could escape the prison and retrieve the orb for her third party, she would split all the profit between them all and Groot, who Rocket berated for sleeping through everything. Quill promised that Rocket would be able to help them escape, although Rocket noted he still wanted Yondu Udonta's bounty.
The next day, Rocket Raccoon devised a plan to break them all out of the Kyln, as a team they would collect a series of items from across the prison which would allow Rocket and hack into the security tower. Quill expressed his fear that the plan would be impossible to pull off, but Rocket insisted that they try. The plan went awry when Groot completed the last step first, setting off the alarms.
As the Nova Corps began charging into the room to stop Groot and while Gamora went to collect the Angry Guard's own cybernetic arm implant, Quill ran off to steal One Legged Prisoner's false leg, offering the prisoner 30,000 units in exchange. Although the Prisoner was highly confused by the offer, he soon accepted and Quill got the leg as Rocket had requested. As he charged back outside, avoiding the gunfire, Quill was almost recaptured by one of the guards but was able to use the false leg to quickly defend himself.
Having taken the subdued guard's gun for himself, Quill made his way towards the security tower, shooting at the drones that tried to stop him. While Quill attempted to continue the mission, Groot and Rocket continued to be fired on by the other drones in order to regain the Quarnyx Battery Groot had stolen, causing chaos for all the other prisoners. Rocket continued his part of the plan until he was finally ready for all of the others to regroup with him.
Quill began climbing up Groot's leg in order to get into the security tower, but soon himself defenseless and with a drone aiming it's guns directly at him. However before Quill could be killed, he was assisted by Drax the Destroyer, who joined them in order to find and kill Ronan the Accuser. Drax celebrated ripping the drone apart with his bare hands while referring to Quill as one who had previously laid with an A'askavariian, much to Quill's embarrassment.
Once they got into the Watchtower and locked the door behind them, Gamora confronted Star-Lord about why Drax had been allowed to join them. Rocket then revealed that stealing the leg was simply a joke, which greatly annoyed Quill due to the money he had spent to get it. They soon found the Head Riot Guard had gathered his team as they attempt to shoot the Watchtower while Rocket worked. Quill began to worry Rocket did not have a plan until he managed to turn on the anti-gravity and flew the watch tower to safety.
Now safely out of the way of the Nova Corps, Quill and the others prepared to escape into deep space onboard the Milano. As they all began collecting their belongings, Quill noticed that the mean guard had stolen his Walkman for himself. Determined not to lose his most prized possession due to its connection to his mother, Quill gave Gamora his own bag, claiming it contained the Orb, and went to find the guard, telling the others to wait for him to get back.
In reality, however, Quill had kept the Orb with him to ensure that the others did not leave without him as he knew they would not leave the chance to sell it to their buyer and make a large profile, so Quill changed into his own clothes and went on his mission to reclaim his Walkman. Star-Lord fought through all the guards using his Quad Blasters, easily subduing them before they had a chance to fight back. When one of the guards he had knocked down complained about seriously damaging his next, Star-Lord continued walking past him and shot him once again with a blast of electricity, knocking him out while Star-Lord continued searching for his Walkman.
Having taken out most the the other Nova Corps guards, Star-Lord eventually found the guard who was listening to Escape (The Piña Colada Song) on his Walkman. With the guard distracted by the music, Star-Lord sneaked up on his before knocking out the guard who had stolen it with a blow from the Orb. Star-Lord then focused his efforts on regrouping with the others who were being forced to wait for him to finally return to the ship with the Orb.
Using his own Helmet to survive in deep space, Star-Lord then flew outside the prison to the ship, where Drax the Destroyer was amazed by his brave efforts. Once Star-Lord was back onboard, he handed Gamora the Orb while Drax complimented him on all his incredible bravery and questioned what he had left them to collect, noting he would be a key ally in the battle against Ronan the Accuser. However, when Quill then revealed what it was he had gone back for, Drax then called him an imbecile for risking his life for such an item.
Keeping the Peace
On the Milano, Quill found Rocket Raccoon pulling apart bits of his ship to build weapons, including the Hadron Enforcer. Quill was furious and told him to stop, noting that he did not want any bombs or moon destroying weapons on his ship. When Rocket suggested putting the bomb in a box, he tried to use the box of Meredith Quill's present to Quill, to which he insisted he does not touch it.
Quill then asked Gamora to give him her buyer's coordinates which she refused to do, leading to a conversation about who trusted the other more. They began discussing what the Orb really was, with Drax the Destroyer excitingly asking if it was a weapon that they could use to kill Ronan the Accuser, leading to an argument between him and Gamora which Quill was forced to break up as he insisted that nobody kill anyone onboard his ship. Upon commenting on the large sum that was going to be paid to the group, Drax claimed to have no interest in money which Quill joked meant more money for the rest of them, including Groot who was listening on.
Quill then stated that the dysfunctional group was going to have to start trusting each other if they were actually going to start working together as a new team, but Gamora showed little interest in having anything to do with any of them after they had all sold the Orb. As Gamora walked away from the group, she noted that Quill's ship was filthy, to which Quill claimed that under a black light it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting, much to the disgust of Rocket.
Trouble On Knowhere
While practicing with his Quad Blasters, Quill was informed that they were now arriving on Knowhere, a remote criminal outpost in space built in the giant severed-head of a Celestial. As they explored Knowhere, Quill told the group about his time of the Earth, describing it as a planet of outlaws which Drax the Destroyer expressed interest in visiting.
The group decided to relax while waiting to meet Gamora's contact, The Collector. Once he had filled the Milano up with fuel, Quill joined Gamora outside and they spent time together where they discussed her relationship with her adoptive father, Thanos. Gamora told Quill how Thanos had murdered her entire family in front of her before her took her into his custody and turning her into a weapon, explaining that when he agreed to destroy Xandar for a new deal with Ronan the Accuser, that was the moment she chose to betray him.
Gamora asked about Quill's Walkman and why he had gone back for it during the Escape from the Kyln, Quill explained that it had been a gift from his mother before her death. Telling her that he used the Walkman to listen to music and dance, he even allowed Gamora to listen to his music before trying to kiss her. However, Gamora drew her knife and held it directly to Quill's throat, refusing to kiss him and accusing him of trying to trick her, which he denied.
However, they were interrupted by the fight that had just broken out between Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot. Quill and Gamora broke up the fight between the three. As Rocket still tried to fight, Quill reminded him to sell the Orb for billions of units first then he could leave them for good. Quill told Rocket, Drax, Gamora and Groot that their lack of trust for others has prevented them from ever making friends. However, Quill could not stop Drax from leaving, as he was furious that he still had not had a chance to kill Ronan.
Meeting the Collector
While the group let Drax the Destroyer walk away, they were then greeted by Carina, the assistant of the Collector, who invited them into the Collector's Museum which housed several species and items in cages, including Dark Elves and Howard the Duck. Quill took a step back and watched as the Collector then greeted Gamora and questioned if he could buy Groot from them, as he wished to have his corpse in his own collection someday. Quill then presented the Orb to the Collector, briefly dropping it onto the floor.
As the Collector began to open the Orb, he explained that it was in fact one of the Infinity Stones, an item of immeasurable power that was capable of destroying entire planets and kills all but the most powerful beings who wield it. The Collector then showed the group footage of one of the Celestials using the Orb's power to destroy a planet, as Quill claimed it was scary enough to make him pee while the Collector marveled at the Power Stone in the Orb.
With his demonstration now over, Rocket Raccoon insisted that the Collector now pay them for their trouble. Before the Collector could pay them all, however, his tormented assistant grabbed the stone, triggering an explosion that engulfed his collection while ripping the screaming Carina apart from the inside. The team barely managed to survive the explosion as Groot pulled Rocket outside while Quill and Gamora hid behind a desk and barely dodged the flames.
- "I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively."
- ―Star-Lord to Gamora
As they left the Collector's Museum with the Power Stone now back incased within the Orb, Quill found that Rocket Raccoon was utterly horrified by seeing that they still had the Orb after witnessing it's true power, claiming that they should just give it back to Ronan the Accuser and escape. Quill suggested they give it to Yondu Udonta in exchange for money.
Before they could continue arguing, Ronan and Nebula arrived with their entire army of Sakaarans behind them. Having learned that Drax the Destroyer had called his enemy for a chance to kill him to avenge his murdered family, Quill looked on in horror before realizing that Udonta and his own team of Ravagers had also arrived to find and capture him. With limited options, Gamora attempted to flee with Orb only to be pursued by Nebula while Quill followed behind.
Taking command of Mining Pods alongside Rocket, Quill and Rocket assisted Gamora in fighting off the Sakaaran's Necrocraft which were attempting to shoot her out of the sky in order to reclaim the Orb. During their arial battle, Star-Lord and Rocket managed to destroy many of the Sakaaran ships as Quill recommended to Rocket that they begin using the Mining Pods as battering rams causing Ronan's battle ships to crash land on Knowhere and then explode.
While Drax fought against Ronan on the ground, Star-Lord attempted to gain the advantage in the fight by using his Mining Pod's claws to rip open one of the Necrocraft and pull out the Sakaaran driving it. Star-Lord then proceeded to use the Necrocraft's weapons to shoot the other ships out of the sky, trying to allow Gamora to get away with the Orb. However, despite Star-Lord's best efforts, Gamora had eventually found herself cornered by all of Nebula's ships.
With no other choice, Gamora was forced to fly out into deep space where Nebula destroyed her Pod and retrieved the Orb, leaving her sister to die in space. Star-Lord and Rocket watched this from afar, as their Mining Pods did not have the power to get closer. Rocket recommended they turn back before they got trapped, but Star-Lord refused to allow Gamora to die. Calling Yondu Udonta and telling him his location, Star-Lord made his decision to save Gamora.
Star-Lord proceeded to exit his pod and flew through deep space to reach Gamora, despite all of Rocket's protests that he would not be able to survive in the extreme conditions of deep space. Refusing to listen to Rocket, Star-Lord gave Gamora his mask to help her survive while his own body began to freeze from the extreme cold and lack of oxygen. Before Quill could suffocate and die in space, they were both then surrounded by the Eclector piloted by Udonta.
With moments to spare, Star-Lord and Gamora were rescued by the Ravagers and Udonta who then teleported them on board. Looking Gamora in the eye, Quill told her that he had not been able to bring himself to allow her to die, claiming that he was being very heroic in doing so. As Quill revealed that Ronan the Accuser had reclaimed the Orb during the battle, Kraglin Obfonteri and a team of Ravagers then held them at gunpoint and took them into their custody.
Deal with Yondu
While on Yondu Udonta's ship, Quill was beaten and mocked by his former boss, who was still furious that Quill had betrayed them and stolen the Orb from Morag to try and sell it himself. Quill argued with Udonta about how Udonta claimed Quill should be grateful that he wasn't eaten by the other Ravagers, which enraged Quill as he noted that Udonta had been threatening that every since he had been taken from Earth by Udonta all those many years earlier.
Udonta lost patience and aimed his Yaka Arrow at Quill throat. Quill attempted to talk Udonta out of killing him by telling him that he now knew where the Orb was and claiming that they could work together to retrieve it. Knowing the Orb was with Ronan the Accuser, Udonta claimed that it was impossible to steal it from the Kree: however, Quill noted that with Gamora's help they may have a chance to exploit his weaknesses, at which point Udonta dropped the arrow.
While Quill, Udonta and the other Ravagers celebrated the new deal, suddenly, Rocket Raccoon fired at the Eclector from the Milano. Quill and the others ran to investigate as they all saw that Rocket was explaining that Drax the Destroyer was aiming the Hadron Enforcer at the Eclector and threatened to blow it up with Quill and Gamora were not freed. Rocket gave a short countdown until Drax fired. However luckily Quill just managed to defuse the situation in time.
Uniting the Team
Deal with the Ravagers
- "When I look around at us, do you know what I see? Losers. I mean like folks who have lost stuff, and we have. Man, we have. All of us. Our homes, our families. Normal lives."
Back on the Milano, Quill berated Rocket, Groot and Drax about their foolish attempt to rescue them from Yondu Udonta, in which they would have destroyed the ship if Yondu hadn't handed them over in just five seconds. Quill told the group that he has a plan to stop Ronan as they could not simply stand back as Ronan kills billions of innocent people when he destroys Xandar. Rocket argued that they plan meant certain death for them all. However, the entire group agreed and were willing to put their lives on the line to stop Ronan.
With the rest of the team on board, Quill came out with a plan and recruited the Ravagers help, Yondu told Quill that if he did not give him the stone at the end of the battle, he would kill him. Quill then called Rhomann Dey and told him of his plan asking for the help of the Nova Corps.
- "This plan of yours is truly crazy."
"Hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends."
- ―Gamora and Star-Lord
Ronan arrived on Xandar with the Dark Aster and thousands of Sakaaran soldiers. Quill and the Ravagers engaged them in a massive ariel battle, while Kraglin and Rocket shot a hole in the side of the ship to allow Quill and Yondu Udonta to board. Yondu's ship was shot down in the battle and for a moment it appeared that they would not be able to defeat Ronan's army. However, the Nova Corps arrived helped in the battle. Quill was able to land his ship inside the Dark Aster.
As the Nova Corps hold off the large ship by creating a force field, Quill, Groot, and Drax fought their way to Ronan while Gamora battled Nebula. They were attacked by a squad of Sakaaran Soldiers led by Korath the Pursuer. During the fight Drax managed to kill Korath. Eventually, they made it to Ronan and Quill shot him with the Hadron Enforcer; however, Ronan is unaffected by the attack. For a moment, they were defenseless, Drax was held by the throat by Ronan, but before he could kill them, Rocket comes crashing in with his own ship heavily damaging the Dark Aster, causing it to crash.
Quill pulled the injured Rocket out of the crashed ship and he joined the rest of the group, believing Ronan to be dead and their own lives to be lost when the ship crashed to the ground. However, they were protected from serious injury by Groot, who shielded them seemingly at the cost of his life, making a dome around the team. When the Dark Aster crash landed to the ground, Groot's body was destroyed and the rest of the team survived with only minor injuries. They looked to each other to ensure they were all okay, only to witness Ronan the Accuser, unharmed, exiting the wreckage of his ship.
- "You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy."
- ―Star-Lord to Ronan the Accuser
Ronan began to mock the injured team, calling them the Guardians of the Galaxy, which the group took a liking to. As he prepared to use the Infinity Stone to destroy Xandar, Quill, seeing no other option, distracts Ronan by dancing to "O-o-h Child" by the Five Stairsteps and challenging the war monger to a dance off. While Ronan stared at Quill with utter confusion, the time allowed Drax and Rocket to repair the Hadron Enforcer and use it to destroy his hammer. As the Infinity Stone hung in the air, Quill willingly sacrificed himself and grabbed the stone.
The stone's power began to rip Quill's body apart, causing him unbearable pain. Gamora comes to Quill's aid asking him to take her hand hearing those words makes Quill hallucinate which he sees an image of his dying mother asking him to take her hand, but snapped out of the hallucination after hearing Gamora calling out to him again then takes her hand. With both of them taking the pain, Drax comes in and hangs on to Quill shoulder taking the pain as well along with Rocket grabbing on to one of Drax fingers, also taking the pain from the stone.
Between all of them, they successfully absorbed its power and were able to control it. Ronan stared in horror, demanding to know how it was possible, Quill responded that they are the Guardians of the Galaxy. The four then directed the Power Stone's power to blast Ronan, obliterating him. With Ronan and his army now destroyed, Yondu Udonta demanded that Quill hand over the Orb despite Quill telling him that it is only safe with the Nova Corps.
Once the Ravagers took the Orb, Quill tricked Yondu into taking a container supposedly containing the stone, but actually contained a Troll doll. As the Ravagers left Xandar, they remarked that it turned out well that they did not deliver Quill to his father as a child. After the Ravagers left, back on Xandar, Quill spoke to Gamora about how although they would now want him dead, the Ravagers were the only family he had ever known, Gamora told him that wasn't true anymore. Quill gave the real Orb to the Nova Corps.
The Guardians of the Galaxy
- "What should we do next; something good, something bad? Bit of both?"
"We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord."
"A bit of both."
- ―Star-Lord and Gamora
Quill's group, now known as the Guardians of the Galaxy, had their criminal records expunged by the Corps, and Quill learned that he is only half-human, his father being part of an ancient species that could wield the Infinity Stone without being destroyed. Quill finally opened the last present he received from his mother; a second cassette tape filled with her favorite songs. The Guardians left in the rebuilt Milano, accompanied by a twig recovered from Groot, which was already regrowing.
- "I thought your thing was a sword?"
"We've been hired to stop an inter-dimensional beast from feeding on those batteries and I'm going to stop it with a sword?"
"It's just, swords were your thing and guns were mine, but I guess we're both doing guns now. I just didn't know that."
- ―Star-Lord and Gamora
A few months after the Battle of Xandar, the Guardians of the Galaxy were hired by the High Priestess Ayesha, leader of the Sovereign race to defend some batteries from a creature known as the Abilisk. During the fight, Quill and the Guardians were badly beaten until Quill and Rocket forced the creature to look up, exposing a neck wound that Gamora widened to kill the creature.
Afterwards, the Guardians were thanked by Ayesha, who handed over Nebula as part of a trade due to having been arrested by the Sovereign. While flirting with Quill and discussing natural reproduction with him, Ayesha also made various disparaging comments about Quill's hybrid status that slightly upset him, as it caused him to wonder once again who his father was.
The Guardians of the Galaxy were then attacked by a Sovereign fleet and discovered that Rocket Raccoon had stolen the Anulax Batteries from them. Star-Lord and Rocket tried to pilot the Milano to safety, but their arguments over who was the more capable pilot caused them to run into a Sovereign fleet trap. The ships were then suddenly destroyed by a mysterious figure in a oval-shaped vessel, but due to the damage caused to the Milano, they crashed on another planet.
Reunion with his Father
- "After all these years, I found you."
"And who the hell are you?"
"I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego, and I'm your dad, Peter."
- ―Ego and Star-Lord
As the Milano crash landed on Berhert, the Guardians of the Galaxy got out and immediately began arguing over who was responsible for the incident, with Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon both blaming each other for the crash. As they were still all arguing, the Guardians were almost immediately greeted by their saviors, who were revealed to be Ego and his servant, Mantis. When asked who exactly he was, Ego introduced himself as Quill's own long lost father.
The group set up a campfire where Ego explained that he had been searching for Quill ever since Yondu Udonta and his Ravagers had failed to deliver him as he was paid to do so. When asked how he had found them, Ego claimed that even as far out as he resided, he had heard stories of Star-Lord and his great victory over Ronan the Accuser during the Battle of Xandar. Ego promised Quill he would take him to his home planet and explain to him his true heritage while also getting to be the father to Quill that he had always wanted to be. Though initially skeptical, Gamora persuaded Quill that he should go with Ego to see Ego's own planet and finally learn the truth.
After the campfire from last night, Quill decided to take the risk and go along with Ego to see if he was telling the truth. On their way, Quill told Rocket to stay put, despite his remarks of his complete dismay of being reckless from crashing the ship. Drax the Destroyer and Gamora accompanied Quill, Ego and Mantis on board Ego's Ship whilst Rocket and Groot were told to remain on Berhert in order to repair the ship and guard Nebula to ensure that she did not attempt to escape. While onboard Ego's Ship, Quill watched as Mantis used her powers to help Ego sleep during the long journey.
On the way, Mantis revealed her ability to feel the feelings of others and demonstrated by touching Quill and revealing his feelings for Gamora to everyone in the room. When Drax burst into hysterics at the announcement, Quill became defensive arguing that it was not that funny, though he was clearly embarrassed.
Arriving on Ego's planet, Ego revealed that he was a Celestial and explained his origins. He revealed that the planet was a part of him and his human form was an avatar body he walked in to explore the Galaxy and seek other lifeforms. Ego explained how he met Quill's mother and fell in love with her whilst visiting Earth and hired Udonta to bring Quill to him.
Quill asked Ego why he then chose to leave his mother behind, and Ego revealed that he had to return to his planet otherwise his avatar body would die after prolonged distance from his main source. Ego then helped Quill to access his abilities as a Celestial which allowed him to create objects greatly exciting Quill who then proceeded to play catch with his father using a ball he had created.
Quill later danced with Gamora trying to persuade her that she felt something for him too, something she denied. Gamora revealed her suspicions about the planet as Mantis seemed unusually fearful, but Quill argued that he had finally found his family and demanded to know why she couldn't be happy for him. Gamora replied that she thought he had found his family with the Guardians of the Galaxy before walking off due to Quill's arrogance.
Ego came to comfort Quill afterwards and revealed that he was immortal due to his Celestial DNA and offered to bring him into what he had been working on. Excited, Quill accepted which was overheard by Mantis. Ego explained what he had not told him earlier; that when he found life he was disappointed by it which helped him find meaning then hypnotized Quill into helping him before continuing to tell his plans to him.
Ego revealed that he planned on improving the universe by planting parts of himself in every planet he visited. His plan was to bring all the planets together to become a part of himself. He revealed that on every planet he went to he would impregnate one woman to activate the part of himself needed for his Expansion, as he needed two Celestial beings to active the seeds he had left on each planet. Ego also had Yondu Udonta deliver some of the children to him; however, they never inherited his genes until Quill.
As Quill listened in forced silence, Ego cried out that he was no longer alone, reminding Quill of his friends. The bond he has for his friends and his mother, along with Ego's revelation that he had caused the death of Meredith Quill, enabled Quill to break free of Ego's control. In anger, Quill attacked his father, only for Ego to incapacitate him and begin his Expansion by harnessing his son to achieve his plan. However, Quill escaped when Ego was crushed by a ship piloted by Rocket Raccoon and Yondu as Mantis, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora and Nebula arrived to save Quill after learning of Ego's treachery from Mantis.
Mantis explained that Ego's only weakness was his brain at the core of the planet, so Star-Lord and Yondu Udonta piloted the industrial craft underground, tunneling through the planet surface. They arrived to find Ego's brain sealed in a core that was connected to the rest of the planet and began cutting into it, knowing they only had a limited time before Ego found them.
They were interrupted when the Sovereign fleet arrived, causing Drax the Destroyer, Mantis, and Gamora to fall out of the craft. Mantis used her power to subdue Ego by putting him to sleep whilst Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and Groot flew to the core to plant a bomb on Ego made from the Anulax Batteries stolen from the Sovereign and Nebula and Udonta piloted the ship. Star-Lord defended the core from the Sovereign while Rocket gave Groot the bomb, temporarily taking a break to ask if anyone had any tape to put over the death button.
He then argued with Rocket after the answer being 'no' with Groot running off whilst still being unsure about how to operate the bomb. Quill continued to fight the Sovereign before being shot at and knocked back into the ship. When the ship exploded after Nebula hacked herself into the infrastructure, Quill floated down with Udonta, who used his Yaka Arrow, commenting that the Udonta looked like Mary Poppins and assuring him that "he" was very cool.
Mantis was then knocked out by a piece of shrapnel which awoke Ego, who began to fight the Guardians of the Galaxy. After subduing all of them, Ego resumed using his power to force Quill into reactivating the seedlings around the universe. However, from Udonta's encouragement and advice how he uses his arrow, Quill's love for his mother and the bond he had with his friends, even for Udonta, was so strong it helped him unlock his own Celestial power to fight his father, creating a giant rock-like glove to punch him. Quill distracted his father enough to free Nebula and Udonta from his grasp and stop the seedlings. Quill also used his Celestial powers to construct a rocky giant avatar resembling Pac-Man to hit Ego with.
Both eventually collapsed into exhaustion with Ego furiously trying to plead with Quill to help him after discovering the bomb on his brain. Ego told Quill that with Ego dead, Quill's powers would fade away and he would be rendered mortal. Quill stated that he accepted this fact, much to his father's horror. He held him down as the bomb exploded, destroying Ego's brain and grievously watched as his father's avatar passed away in his arms, while his Celestial powers seemingly faded away.
- "Both Yondu and David Hasselhoff went on kick-ass adventures... and hooked up with hot women... and fought robots. I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all. Only it was you, Yondu. I had a pretty cool dad. What I'm trying to say here is... sometimes that thing you're searching for your whole life, it's right there by your side all along. You don't even know it."
In the wake of Yondu Udonta's death, Quill came to realize that Udonta was the father figure in his life he had always been searching for before Kraglin Obfonteri and the other Guardians of the Galaxy burned the body as part of a Ravager funeral. Obfonteri gave Quill a 'Zune' that Udonta had bought for him that contained 300 tracks that 'everyone' on Earth was now listening to while Quill gave him Udonta's Yaka Arrow.
Quill listened to his new Zune with Groot before noticing the arrival of the other Ravagers who had heard about Udonta's sacrifice and re-accepted him as one of their own, with the tributes being led by Stakar Ogord. Quill and the other Guardians of the Galaxy watched as Udonta was honored with a proper Ravager funeral and Gamora hinted to Quill that she may reciprocate his feelings, with the two embracing.
Four years later, Quill told a now-adolescent Groot to tidy his room and to stop wasting his time playing a video game. Quill then noted that Groot acted the same way he had as a teenager, commenting that now he knew how Yondu had felt when dealing with him when he was one.
Asgardian Distress Call
Quill directed the Guardians of the Galaxy to respond to a distress signal sent out by the Asgardian ship, the Statesman. Rocket questioned why they were answering the distress call; Gamora told him that it was because people were in trouble. Quill told him that they were also doing it to see what kind of reward they could get, but had to reassure Gamora that he was only saying that for Rocket's benefit. Arriving at the wreck of the Statesman they brought the only survivor, Thor, aboard.
Quill was put out by his team's fascination over the Asgardian. Both Drax and Gamora were taken with his physique. In an effort to overshadow Thor, Quill deepened his voice and tried to imitate the Asgardian. Once Thor filled them in on Thanos' plans to collect all the Infinity Stones and wipe out half of the universe's life, he departed for Nidavellir with Rocket and Groot. Quill led Gamora, Drax, and Mantis to Knowhere to stop Thanos from obtaining the Reality Stone.
Tracking Down the Reality Stone
On the way to Knowhere, Gamora made Quill promise that if Thanos captured her, then he would kill her rather than let her be taken. When Quill asked why, she told him that she knew something that Thanos must never find out. Quill wanted to know what it was, but Gamora refused to tell him. Quill promised to kill her if the moment came, but the moment was killed by the presence of Drax who had been watching them.
As they approached, the Guardians found Thanos brutally interrogating the Collector for the whereabouts of the Reality Stone. Despite Star-Lord's attempts to command the Guardians to hold position, they continued to close in on Thanos, hiding behind the remnants of the Collector's museum to spy on Thanos.
However, Drax almost compromised the Guardians' position due to his anger of Thanos' campaign killing his wife Hovat and his daughter Kamaria. Star-Lord attempted to convince him to wait, noting that Thanos did not have the Stone yet, thus they could still take it from him before he noticed. His attempt was unsuccessful, however, with Drax ignoring Quill, prompting Mantis to force him to sleep in order to prevent him blowing their cover.
Star-Lord could give combat instructions to Gamora and Mantis, Gamora swiftly attacked Thanos without waiting, engaging in melee combat with her sword Godslayer. However, while Thanos managed to destroy Godslayer, Gamora quickly fatally stabbed him, with the remains of Godslayer and the switchblade Thanos had offered her as a child. Their victory was short-lived as Thanos revealed that it had been a ruse. He already possessed the Reality Stone, and had engineered the entire situation to capture Gamora. He effortlessly took Mantis and Drax out of the fight.
Quill confronted Thanos threatening to kill him if he does release Gamora. Quill was reminded by Gamora his promise to kill her if she was captured by Thanos. Reluctantly, Quill pointed his Quad Blaster at Gamora, though Thanos was skeptical that Quill would have the courage to follow through on his promise. But, as they confessed their love to each other, Quill finally pulled the trigger. However, the Blaster only fired harmless bubbles which Thanos used the Reality Stone to transforming the blaster into bubbles. Thanos was impressed with Quill for having the courage to do what was necessary, Thanos teleported himself and Gamora away with the Space Stone, leaving an astonished Quill behind with the broken Godslayer, as Drax and Mantis reconstituted themselves in the absence of the Reality Stone's effects.
Meeting the Avengers
The Guardians, acting on a tip from the escaped Nebula, landed on Titan with the aim to ambush Thanos there. The Guardians raided the ship and attacked Spider-Man, Iron Man and Doctor Strange each believing the other to be working for Thanos. However, after a tense standoff, both parties realized they shared the same goal, before deciding to work together to ambush Thanos, who they expected to be arriving soon.
Awaiting Thanos' arrival, Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Guardians attempted to formulate a plan of attack, while Strange activated the Time Stone to view all possible outcomes and futures of the coming battle. Having seen exactly 14,000,605 possible timelines, Strange gravely informed the others that only one timeline ended in Thanos' defeat. 
Thanos arrived on Titan only to find Doctor Strange waiting for him. The other assembled heroes used the element of surprise to attack the Mad Titan. During the battle, Star-Lord quickly took position behind Thanos and began to close in, shooting him with his Quad Blasters to gain his attention.
Running on energy platforms conjured by Strange to dodge blasts from the Power Stone, Star-Lord managed to discreetly plant an explosive on Thanos' back. Taking a moment to quickly insult Thanos and escape through a portal conjured by Strange, the Guardian detonated the explosive, briefly stunning Thanos. Later, Star-Lord would fly back into the battle and launched a Gravity Mine at Thanos using his Blasters, ensnaring his right arm.
Star-Lord approached and taunted the half-conscious Thanos, before demanding the location of Gamora. At this remark, Thanos began to react in anguish, with Mantis sensing that he was mourning. Nebula began to realize in horror and sadness that he was in fact, mourning Gamora, having sacrificed her on Vormir for the Soul Stone. In denial, Star-Lord angrily asked Thanos to tell him that Gamora was alive, only for Thanos to lament that he had no choice but to kill her, confirming Nebula's suspicions. Enraged, and despite Iron Man's attempts to restrain him, Star-Lord began to ruthlessly attack Thanos without thinking, inadvertently breaking Mantis' control over Thanos. Star-Lord, Drax and Nebula would knocked over by Thanos with a single wild shockwave from the Power Stone.
Thanos is suddenly attacked by Quill, who tried to defeat him once more, but his blasters didn't cause him any injury. Thanos then created a portal and headed for Wakanda. When Iron Man asked why Doctor Strange gave up the stone, he informed him that they were now in the endgame.
- "Steady, Quill."
- ―Tony Stark and Peter Quill
As the heroes recovered in the aftermath of the battle of Titan, Thanos obtained the last remaining stone, the Mind Stone from Vision, and wiped out half of the universe with the snap of his fingers. On Titan, Quill disintegrated into ashes after watching his fellow Guardians, Mantis and Drax fade away.
In 2023, the Avengers traveled in time and went to the past to get the Infinity Stones, after this, Hulk snapped his fingers to bring all the Decimation victims back to life, including Quill who is revived. He, Drax, Spider-Man and Mantis are teleported by Doctor Strange from Titan to the place where the New Avengers Facility was destroyed and helped the Avengers in the final battle against Thanos. During the battle, Star-Lord encounters an alternate version of Gamora, which he thinks is that of his timeline, but this one hits him.
This section requires expansion
Tony Stark's Funeral
Quill was in attendance at Stark's funeral along with Guardians: Groot, Rocket, Nebula, Drax, and Mantis.
Search for Gamora
After picking up new Guardians member, Thor, Quill argued with him about who the leader was. They then started their search for Gamora.
Peter Quill was abducted from Earth by the thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers. Their leader, Yondu Udonta raised Quill and showed him how to survive in deep space. Udonta also taught Quill how to be the perfect thief. Peter Quill is naturally upbeat and sarcastic and is known for looking on the bright side. It seems that his 1980s pop culture-laden references his life on Earth.
He is also very protective of his Sony Walkman that was given to him by his mother. This was shown numerous times when he attempted to assault a prison guard who took it, and when during the prison break, when Quill made his way back into the prison just to retrieve the device. Later, Quill's anger for his father was more focused due to Ego breaking the Walkman despite the confession that Ego had also murdered his mother. Being a memento of his mother, it's quite understandable why Quill was so protective and possessive of his Walkman.
Before joining the Guardians, Quill lived in the ways of an average criminal and thug, going so far as killing Korath's men and attempting to kill Korath himself when they seemingly threatened his well being as they were arresting him for interrogation by Ronan. Although, he only attacked them when he was aware that he could get the drop on them and win, as well as when he knew that he could not convince them to let him go. However, he merely stunned and knocked out the guards on the Kyln with his Quad Blasters instead of using lethal force, which shows that he only would kill to defend himself or in battles with foes that are outside the law, such as Ronan and Korath's men. He is very conscientious of his physical weaknesses, which prevents him from acting impulsive as he is always aware of the dangers of his actions, especially in combat.
Quill has shown he can be heroic; he was unwilling to watch Gamora die in space, so he exited his pod giving Gamora his mask, saving her life, nearly at the cost of his own. He was also the one who brought the Guardians together to save Xandar, showcasing his leadership qualities and a certain amount of charisma, since all the members were well-known outlaws. While not showing it often, Quill does have romantic feelings for Gamora, and even though she puts up a serious and cold demeanor towards him, she also reciprocates his feelings. This eventually changed few years later where they both admitted their feelings for each other, with Gamora just moments before being captured by Thanos and eventually dying, confessed that she loved Peter more than anything. Peter likewise was also extremely affected after learning of her death to the point of going into extreme rage and viciously attacking Thanos in retaliation.
Quill can create inventive, and often extremely unorthodox, solutions to problems on the fly. His confrontation with Ronan the Accuser is an example of this, distracting him long enough for Rocket and Drax to put the Enforcer back together to destroy Ronan's hammer to break loose the stone. He even created a more unorthodox but successful plan with the Avengers on how to stop Thanos. This was later unsuccessful as Quill soon broke the plan when he went into rage upon learning that Thanos had killed Gamora.
Due to being raised as a child by aliens, having possibly not learned just how weak humans are compared to other beings, he never suspected that he was half alien himself and assumed his inhuman resilience to be normal for any kind of creature.
Quill’s sense of humor is similar to Tony Stark and Stephen Strange. There were many evidences of this such as when he claimed Stark's plan in attacking Thanos was good but dumb and that if he came up with the plan then it would be better.
Quill has a strong love towards his family and loved ones, which drives him to protect those around him and makes him reluctant to hurt his friends. However, his emotions tend to get the best of him, as he is prone to outburst of rage and sadness when confronted by the death of a loved one. This best seen when he learned the truth behind his mother's death and when he found out Thanos killed Gamora. Likewise, Quill had a very hard time accepting his mother's death, shown by how he refused to open the last present she gave him for more than twenty years because he was told to open after she died.
Powers and Abilities
Celestial-Human Hybrid Physiology: Due to his heritage, he is part Celestial and part human, giving him superhuman abilities. Even while not having awakened his celestial power, Quill had enough power to briefly survive holding the Power Stone on his own and after awakening his full power, was able to challenge his father, a true Celestial, who had easily subdued the other Guardians. Although he seems to have lost his cosmic powers after Ego died, Quill retained his superhuman physical powers.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to his paternal heritage from Ego, Quill holds considerable amounts of supernatural durability and endurance to the point that he even was able to physically withstand the exposure to the energy from an Infinity Stone. He held the Power Stone for a short length of time without dying, and was able to harness its power when sharing the burden with the other Guardians. Quill himself also noted that he was able to survive numerous injuries while working for the Ravagers, though none were implausible enough to raise any suspicion. When he fought Ego, he was able to withstand Ego's attacks and only had minor injuries at the end of the fight. Later, Quill managed to survive a shockwave from Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet and quickly recovered.
- Molecular Manipulation: While battling Ego, Yondu Udonta's encouragement allowed Star-Lord to realize his ability to manipulate matter. He used it to propel himself into the air at a high velocity. He was able to construct things and weapons out of matter, such as gloves of rock to punch his father and later he enveloped himself into a giant Pac-Man to counter the giant materialized by his father.
- Energy Manipulation: While on Ego's planet, Ego taught him how to manipulate energy and how to use it to create solid constructions by drawing energy from the planet. He once created a ball to play catch with his father, like he always dreamed of. He can even empower his fists with energy to produce superhuman physical strikes, such as when he did with his father moments prior to his father's death.
- Self-Augmentation: He used his cosmic power to enhance his physical strength and durability to the point where he was almost immune to damage, allowing him to easily smash through stone and survive crashing into the ground at bullet-like speed.
- Immortality: While battling his father Ego, Ego told him that as long as Ego's essence is still alive, Star-Lord himself will never die.
- Expert Combatant: Quill is highly trained in close-quarters combat, both in armed and hand-to-hand combat. He was even able to stand his ground against Gamora, the finest assassin trained by Thanos, in a fist fight. He uses his two blasters as melee weapons to strike and knock his foes unconscious with a hard strike to the head with great skill. He was able to easily take down multiple Nova Corps, Kyln, and Sakaaran soldiers by striking them with the blasters. Quill also managed to easily subdue and hold the superhuman, but inexperienced Spider-Man at gunpoint during their brief skirmish, as well as dodge blasts sent at him by Thanos using the Power Stone and even plant an explosion on Thanos himself, although he did had aid from Doctor Strange's use of Eldritch Magic to conjure platforms, which helped him maneuver through Thanos' attacks and plant the device.
- Master Tactician: Quill is an exceptional tactician, as shown when after finding Iron Man's plan to suck, Quill took the lead and made his own plan to stop Thanos and was nearly successful until he broke the group’s hold on him after going into rage on learning Gamora’s death.
- "I picked this guy up a while back for petty theft."
- ―Rhomann Dey
- Expert Thief: Raised by the Ravagers, Quill was highly trained in the art of thievery and evasion. Though Star-Lord had a criminal record, thievery was not one of the charges, though Rhomann Dey picked him up for petty theft.
- Expert Marksman: Quill is well-versed in the use of weapons from all over the galaxy, but he prefers using his own Quad Blasters, which he is shown to be accomplished with. He also handled a Kyln Guard's rifle, a weapon he was not believed to have even seen before, and easily shot and destroyed a drone with it. He even accurately shot Spider-Man during their skirmish and trapped him long enough to hold him at gunpoint.
- Acrobat: Quill is highly athletic and has high level dexterity, reflexes, and coordination, which notably allows him to do parkour and freerunning. His extreme reflexes allowed him to effortlessly catch a small lunging creature trying to bite him while he was wearing headphones and seemingly distracted by his music. He was able to leap several feet across a chasm, perform a combat roll while sliding along his ship directly into the cockpit.
- Expert Pilot: Quill is an accomplished starship pilot. He has used this skill to escape Korath and his men on Morag.
- Bilingualism: While Quill speaks English, he is capable of understanding the Groot language after having spent four years with Groot.
- Quad Blasters: Quill carries dual direct energy weapons in the form of handguns. They each have two triggers for the index and middle finger for the top and bottom barrel respectively, with the bottom barrel shooting lightning and the top barrel shooting fiery bolts or blasts. While the fire-like blast on the top barrel is lethal, killing its live targets on impact and even sends the target flying backwards with great force, the bottom barrel produces streaks of non lethal electricity to electrocute its targets and incapacitate them. He has used his two blasters as melee weapons in the past to strike and knock out his foes, specifically Kyln Guards, with a strike to the head. He was even shown striking enemies with the barrels while shooting the lethal setting, which allowed him to hit harder and harm stronger opponents. While fighting Thanos on Titan, he demonstrated being able to load specialized projectile attachments onto the barrel of his weapons, one of being a stunning device powerful enough to cause Thanos pain.
- Energy Bolas: A hi-tech version of an ancient throwing weapon made of weights on the ends of an interconnected energy cord, designed to capture targets by entangling their legs. During the Attack on Peter Quill, Star-Lord used these Bolas to try and subdue Gamora, although she quickly escaped.
- Hadron Enforcer: Designed and built by Rocket Raccoon, the Enforcer shoots a concentrated bolt of nuclear explosive force that only detonates on its target. The mass and size of the target determine how large the explosion will be. Rocket claimed it could destroy a moon. He briefly handled the weapon in the Guardians plan to kill Ronan the Accuser, but has not held it since.
- Power Stone: During their final battle with Ronan the Accuser, Quill and the other Guardians of the Galaxy used the Power Stone in tandem to direct the Stone's energy at Ronan, destroying his body and killing him.
- Helmet: Quill wears a helmet that shows threats on HUD and has internal comm systems. The helmet allows him to breathe in the vacuum of space. When he presses the button on the side of his head, a light blue energy wraps around his face and the back of his head, and becomes the helmet.
- Jet Boot Attachments: Quill has jets that he attaches to his boots to make jet boots, while he activates them with buttons on his leg. The jet attachments can rotate in any direction and can be used to propel him through the air at great speed, though they do not allow for sustained flight and only allow him to jump and briefly float for several feet. They can also be used in flying in deep space due to the lack of gravity and weight removing the limitations they experience in environments of normal gravity. Quill improvised the technology as weapons by attaching one of them on a hostile and activated them, which sent the target flying backwards.
- Translator Implant: Star-Lord has a translator implanted in his neck that helps him understand many of the languages of almost every known species in the universe.
- Aero-Rigs: Quill uses one of Rocket Raccoon's jet-pack like devices to seamlessly fly through the air, giving him great mobility in combat. Unlike his jet boot, Aero-Rig allows Quill sustained flight to any altitude.
- Plasma Sphere: One of Peter Quill's gadgetry and weapons is a glass like ball that much like a glowstick, lit up when shook. It was dangerous when shattered, as it could ensnare and disintegrate living creatures in a cloud of its released plasma, though it quickly diminishes.
- Holographic Map: Part of his arsenal and tools is a holographic device given him by the Broker, Quill able to project and Holographic Map on the planet Morag of the size of a football field and projects what was there before, even people moving around. Quill scanned the ruined temple area of Morag and could identify the creatures and people living their before. It could also highlight a certain area red to show Star Lord where it detects a certain object. This is how Quill knew to go up the temple stairs to find the Orb.
- Gravity Mine: A device that could exert greater amounts of the force of gravity on a designated object and gravitate it towards itself was in Quill's possession. It can generate gravity as powerful as a planet and pull something to itself as if the object were in a planet's orbit. If it is not programmed to pull a certain object while active, it will pull everything in a 1 foot radius towards itself at great speed. Quill used this to incapacitate Korath's troops before it was shot and destroyed.
Much of his personal items from Earth traveled with him when he was taken by the Ravagers as a child. His ship, the Milano, once housed this memorabilia, with the songs from his Walkman being able to be played on the ships sound system, with what appeared to be a stereo being added to the ship. The ship was abandoned on Berhert.
- Sony TPS-L2 Walkman Headset: Quill is very protective of his Sony Walkman; when deprived of it in prison, he challenged a guard for its return, but was electrocuted in response. He received it from his mother, along with two mix tapes containing several songs from the 60's all the way through to the 80's. Unfortunately, this Walkman was destroyed by Ego after revealing to Peter that he put the tumor inside Meredith Quill's head.
- Awesome Mix Vol. 1: Meredith Quill put together a mixtape named Awesome Mix Vol. 1 so that her son could listen to songs she used to listen to when she was growing up.
- Awesome Mix Vol. 2: When Meredith was dying from cancer and gave her son a second mixtape as a gift, as moments before she died. However, Quill never opened his gift and kept the tape as one of the few mementos from Earth. After he and the other Guardians of the Galaxy members saved Xandar from Ronan, he finally opened his mother's gift. Unfortunately, the cassette was inside the Walkman when Ego crushed it.
- Troll doll: A type of plastic doll with furry up-combed hair, depicting a troll. Quill use it as a memento from Earth. After the attack on Xandar was over, Yondu proceeded to capture the Orb, only to realize there was a troll doll inside, and Quill kept the Orb to put it into the custody of the Nova Corps.
- ALF Trading Cards
- Garbage Pail Kids Trading Cards
- Puffy Stickers: An assortment of ALF Puffy Stickers was used all over the Milano, sticking towards his cassette deck.
- Scratch and Sniff Stickers: Quill had a few stickers that were sticking onto his cassette deck, these stickers are made so that when scratched, they release a scent. This scent is normally related to the image displayed.
- Zune Music player: Zune was a brand of digital media products and services marketed by Microsoft. Kraglin Obfonteri gave Quill a Zune as a present from Yondu after his death, intended to be given upon Quill's return to the Ravagers. Obfonteri said Yondu, "Found it at a junker shop" and "it has over three hundred songs." This replaces the Walkman destroyed by Ego.
- Mattel Electronics Football Tracker: While the Guardians of the Galaxy were hired by the High Priestess Ayesha, leader of the Sovereign race to defend some batteries from the Abilisk, Quill uses a monitor to track down the creature so that team would know where it was coming.
- Defender Arcade Game: When Groot started to go into his adolescent years, he began to play Quill's Defender game. He would spend practically all his time on it wherever he went, including meeting Thor and helping him forge a new weapon.
- Kyln: Quill was an inmate designated at the Kyln, an interstellar prison operated by the Nova Corps, after being initially arrested on the Xandarian homeworld for charges of endangerment to life and the destruction of property. He was sentenced to the Kyln to serve time for his many other crimes that he had committed preceding his arrest.
|Appearances for Peter Quill|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Peter Quill was originally a NASA astronaut whose mother was killed by aliens and who ended up assuming the mantle of the Star-Lord, an interplanetary policeman. This version of the character was later retconned in another reality. The Mainstream version of Quill was taken into space at a young age, after having witnessed his mother being killed by a group of Badoons, and ended up imprisoned at the Kyln. He later formed a team called the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy, Quill has a NASA patch on his backpack.
- Quill's Walkman was a blue TPS-L2 Sony Walkman from 1979.
- Chris Pratt stated in an interview, that the shirt Star-Lord wears in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, is the name of a space candy called "Gear Shift".
- Quill is a fan of 1984 movie Footloose and Pac-Man.
Behind the Scenes
- Chris Pratt stated that Quill: "...had a hard time as a kid, and now he goes around space, making out with hot alien girls and just being a rogue and a bit of a jerk, and through teaming up with these guys, finds a higher purpose for himself."
- Before Chris Pratt was casted at Star-Lord, Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Lee Pace, Wes Bentley, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum and John Krasinski auditioned and screen tested for the role.
- According to Chris Pratt, Star-Lord is a mix of Han Solo and Marty McFly.
- Jan Petrina, Daniel Stevens, Ben Wright, Tony McFarr and Chris Romrell were stunt doubles for Chris Pratt in the role of Star-Lord.
- James Henderson and Clay Chamberlin were stand-ins for Chris Pratt in the role of Star-Lord.
- ↑ James Gunn confirms Peter Quill was born in the last few months of 1980.
- ↑ Chris Pratt confirms Star-Lord for Vol. 3
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Guardians of the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Mid-credits Scene
- ↑ James Gunn reveals Groot is not quite a teenager in the mid-credits scene
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Avengers: Endgame
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-marvels-age-of-ultron-guardians-of-the-galaxy-more/#/0
- ↑ http://www.superherohype.com/news/306737-guardians-of-the-galaxy-from-the-set-of-the-marvel-studios-adaptation
|Guardians of the Galaxy|