- "What do you say we steal some shit?"
- ―Stakar Ogord
Stakar Ogord is a legendary Ravager captain and the leader of the Stakar Ravager Clan. Ogord saved Yondu Udonta from a life of slavery and welcomed him to the Ravagers, but he was later forced to exile Udonta for engaging in child trafficking and violating the Ravager code. However, upon learning that Udonta had sacrificed his life to save Peter Quill from Ego, Ogord honored his former friend with a Ravager funeral and reunited with his former Ravager teammates in Udonta's memory.
As a young Ravager, Ogord met a fellow Ravager, Aleta, and spent many years travelling with her. While Ogord was quite fond and in love with Aleta, he usually regarded her as dangerous because of her crazy personality, and had hard times trusting her. Nevertheless, the two end up marrying each other, and become captains of their respective Ravager clans.
Meeting Yondu Udonta
Many years before, Ogord rescued Yondu Udonta from life as a battle slave for the Kree Empire and inducted him into the Ravagers. However, he later discovered that Udonta had accepted a contract from Ego to deliver several of the Celestials' own children to him, breaking the Ravager's code, which prohibited them from engaging in child trafficking. Ogord was then reluctantly forced to exile Udonta from the Ravagers because of this action.
- "If you think I take pleasure in exiling you, you're wrong. You broke all our hearts."
- ―Stakar Ogord to Yondu Udonta
Later, Ogord, along with his clan of Ravagers went to the Iron Lotus to relax when he was approached by Yondu Udonta. Having exiled Udonta, Ogord refused to greet him and left the Iron Lotus, informing its madam that by servicing Udonta's exiled clan, she had lost the custom of all the other Ravager clans.
Angered at Ogord's dismissal, Udonta approached Ogord, leading the two to get into an argument. Ogord angrily refused to listen to Yondu, stating that he had been dealing in children and that had broke the Ravager code and knowing fully well that Yondu deep down did knew but didn't care as he got rich. He bitterly stated he was distraught at having to exile him but it was necessary before leaving.
Yondu Udonta's Funeral
After Rocket Raccoon contacted the Ravagers to tell them of Yondu Udonta's role in the Battle on Ego's Planet and also his subsequent sacrifice to save Peter Quill's life, Ogord, moved by his friend's heroic participation, was finally able to forgive Yondu. He and the other Ravager captains arrived during the funeral, where their ships saluted the dead Ravager in traditional fashion, signalling their re-acceptance of him as one of them.
Afterwards, he reunited the team and decided to go on adventures together and steal stuff. With Ogord being joined by his wife Aleta Ogord and Martinex, they also recruited Charlie-27, Krugarr and Mainframe who all expressed their excitement at being back together. Ogord then happily suggested they resume their former thieving activities.
As a Ravager captain, Stakar Ogord strictly adheres to the Ravager code, exiling Yondu Udonta, a personal friend when he broke the code, even though it "broke all [their] hearts" to do so. His ability to see through Yondu's lies of not knowing that the children he dealt with were murdered shows that he is not only clearly clever and smart, as one could easily expect from such a legendary Ravager captain, but he also holds a keen emotional perception.
However, Stakar is not without reason and is able to forgive those who broke the Ravager code should they do something significant enough, as after Yondu heroically sacrificed himself to save the galaxy from Ego, Stakar finally forgave him and he showed guilt on how badly he treated Yondu.
- Leader: As the captain of his own Ravager faction, Ogord commands dozens of Ravagers and spearheads countless operations.
- Thief: Ogord is a highly skilled thief.
- Aleta Ogord - Wife, Fellow Ravager and Teammate
- In an alternate 30th Century, Stakar Ogord is the biological son of Quasar and Kismet, but was kidnapped and raised by the Arcturans. After he and his adopted sister and wife Aleta had been merged by the power of the Hawk God, they became the superpowered hero Starhawk, and eventually they joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- The fins on Stakar's shoulders are a reference to his comic book costume.
Behind the Scenes
- Stakar Ogord first appeared in the Behind the Scenes feature for Guardians of the Galaxy, as a background character within the mock-up video game that serves as introduction to the different chapters of the feature.