Spider-Man: No Way Home is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. The film is a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home and a prequel to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. It is the twenty-seventh film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the fourth film of Phase Four. The film is set to be released on December 17, 2021.
To be added
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Zendaya as Michelle Jones
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Snap (poster)
To be added
To be added
- Quentin Beck/Mysterio (poster)
On June 14, 2017, during an interview with AlloCiné, Tom Holland announced that Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios were making a trilogy of Spider-Man films, with two more films informally titled Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3, as opposed to the Homecoming 2 title that Sony had announced in December 2016.
On June 19, 2019, during an interview with Comicbook.com, Amy Pascal confirmed that a third movie was in the works and that titles such as Spider-Man: Home Run or Spider-Man: Homeless were being considered. Pascal also revealed that "So, you never know, he might be a fugitive. He's going to be in a very different place, and it's a different story than we've ever told before. You have to keep changing these movies, because there's only so many times it can be "To be Spider-Man or to be Peter Parker."
On August 20, 2019, it was announced that Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures had severed their partnership after a financial dispute, as Disney and Marvel wanted to receive more profits from the third Spider-Man film whereas Sony wished to retain their preexisting agreement where Marvel received a modest five percent of first-dollar gross as well as all merchandising revenue. As a result, Feige and Marvel Studios were dropped from the project, removing the film and the character of Spider-Man from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
On September 27, 2019, Sony and Disney announced that they had come to an arrangement and that the film, slated to be released on July 16, 2021, would be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Kevin Feige restored as a producer. The new deal stipulated that Marvel and Disney would receive roughly 25% of the profits in exchange for putting up roughly a quarter of the financing while also retaining all merchandising rights. Additionally, as part of the new arrangement, Spider-Man would also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.
On January 16, 2020, it was reported that the film is expected to begin production in July and run through November in Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, and Iceland, under the working title "Serenity Now."
On April 24, 2020, it was announced that the film had been pushed back from its initial release date to November 5, 2021.
On July 23, 2020, it was announced that the film had been pushed back from its November 5, 2021 release date to December 17, 2021.
On February 23, 2021, Tom Holland, Jacob Batalon, and Zendaya posted the fake titles Spider-Man: Phone Home, Spider-Man: Home-Wrecker, and Spider-Man: Home Slice, respectively, on their Instagram accounts. The next day, the Spider-Man: No Way Home official account posted a video on Twitter, in which they announced the true title, Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Director Jon Watts Addresses That Shocking Mid-Credits Scene
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Sequel Delayed to December 2021
- The Hollywood Reporter 100: The Most Powerful People in Entertainment 2019
- MCU’s Spider-Man 3: Marisa Tomei Teases What To Expect Of Aunt May
- 'Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)
- ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’ Star Tony Revolori Signs With WME
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins ‘Spider-Man 3’ as Doctor Strange (Exclusive)
- 'Spider-Man 3': Alfred Molina Returning as Doctor Octopus
- ‘SPIDER-MAN 3’ SET-PHOTO TEASES MISTER NEGATIVE
- Tom Rothman on 'Spider-Man' Plans and Loving 'Ghostbusters' Trolls: "Can We Please Get Some More Haters to Say Stupid Things?"
- Kevin Feige Says ‘Spider-Man’ Sequels Could Follow the ‘Harry Potter’ Format
- Spider-Man: Homecoming is the beginning of a trilogy
- Amy Pascal Talks Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers, Venom Sequel, Spider-Verse, and More
- Amy Pascal Interview: Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Sony, Marvel to Split on Future 'Spider-Man' Releases
- Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Spider-Man 3 Production Start Date, Global Locations Revealed
- Marvel Studios' Spider-Man 3 Working Title Revealed
- Seamus McGarvey Joins ‘Spider-Man 3’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- How the coronavirus hit cinema
- ‘Spider-Man’ Sequels Pushed Back Amid Sony Release Schedule Shuffle
- Spider-Man 3 Apparently Begins Filming Next Week!
- Tom Holland on Instagram - February 23, 2021
- Jacob Batalon on Instagram - February 23, 2021
- Zendaya on Instagram - February 23, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home on Twitter - February 24, 2021