Soren is a Skrull and the wife of Talos. During the Kree-Skrull War, she hid inside Mar-Vell's Laboratory cloaked in Earth's orbit, along with her daughter and some other Skrull refugees. In 1995, she was found by Talos, Carol Danvers, Nick Fury and Maria Rambeau and brought to Earth temporarily. She then left with the rest of her race to find a new home planet.
In 2024, Soren and Talos were called upon by Fury to deliver Tony Stark's E.D.I.T.H. glasses to Peter Parker, with Soren impersonating Maria Hill for the mission. There, they came into conflict with several Elementals and worked alongside Spider-Man and Mysterio before they learned of Mysterio's fraudulence.
Hiding inside Mar-Vell's Laboratory
Soren's husband Talos was a Skrull commander in the war against the Kree Empire. After their home planet of Skrullos was destroyed, Soren, her child, and an unknown number of other Skrulls escaped and wandered the universe in search of refuge from the Kree. By the year 1989, the refugees had found an ally in the rogue Kree scientist Mar-Vell. While Talos and his crew continued to search the universe for a new home planet, Soren, her child, and a group of other refugees moved in to Mar-Vell's Laboratory over Earth.
However, the location was not made known to the other Skrulls before Mar-Vell was assassinated, causing Soren to lose contact with her husband. For the next six years, Soren and the other refugees lived as quietly as they could in Mar-Vell's lab, as Soren raised her child. Talos himself spent the next six years trying to find out what exactly happened to Mar-Vell with the hopes of reuniting with his family, serving as the General of the remaining Skrull forces fighting for survival.
With help from Kree Starforce member Carol Danvers, Maria Rambeau, and Nick Fury, Talos and Soren were finally reunited in 1995. Unfortunately, the Starforce had also figured out their location. Starforce arrived and rounded up the Skrulls and planned on ejecting them into space despite them being civilians and unarmed non-combatants.
However, when Danvers unlocked her full powers, a battle broke out as the Skrulls and their human allies tried to escape the Kree. Most of the Skrulls were non-combatants, and Soren took measures to protect her daughter during the fight. Talos successfully impersonated a Kree soldier and pretended to round up the Skrulls, when in actuality he helped them load onto the Quadjet. Piloted by Rambeau, the ship fled the battle and returned to Earth. However, they were pursued by Minn-Erva. Eventually, Rambeau shot down Minn-Erva, after out-maneuvering her in an air battle. By the end of the battle, Danvers had successfully destroyed the Kree armada.
Finding a New Home
After the Kree were defeated, the Skrull refugees traveled to the Rambeau Residence for a meal with their rescuers. As they all had dinner, Talos told his family of everything he'd done to reunite with them, while Soren was taken aback that Talos stole a man's identity.
The Skrulls soon began discussing what to do now. Captain Marvel offered to serve as their protector as they traveled the universe in search of a new home planet. Soren and her family agreed to this proposition, and the Skrulls loaded into Mar-Vell's Laboratory and departed into space.
By 2024, Soren and Talos had returned to Earth to work with Nick Fury and Maria Hill. While Fury and Hill attended to other matters, Talos and Soren were tasked with impersonating them to watch over Earth. Fury tasked them with making sure Tony Stark's Glasses and E.D.I.T.H. were given to Spider-Man. Eight months after the Blip, they traveled to Ixtenco, Mexico, where a "storm with a face" had recently wrecked the small town. There, they met Mysterio who defeated the monster. Mysterio would go on to explain that he was a superhero from an alternate dimension who had come to this version of Earth to protect it from this monster and three others like it that were projected to strike in the coming weeks.
While Mysterio showed a mastery of his abilities and managed to defeat a second elemental monster in Morocco days later, Talos and Soren thought it would be wise to find another superhero to help Beck out. Unfortunately, they could not contact many other superheroes, with the exception of Spider-Man. Talos spent several days trying to contact Spider-Man and his family friend Happy Hogan, to no avail.
After the third elemental struck in Venice, Italy, where Peter Parker and his schoolmates happened to be visiting, Talos tracked Parker down and explained the situation to him. Soren was quick to point out that this was functionally a kidnapping of Parker but relented that they needed as much help as they could get. When Parker initially declined, Talos re-routed the school trip to the projected location of the fourth elemental in Prague. After the battle, Talos and Soren were impressed by Beck's performance and requested that he join them in Berlin, where they planned to discuss the formation of a new team of superheroes.
Beck never appeared at the Europol headquarters, but soon afterwards, a fifth elemental appeared in London, England. After they received a coded phone call from Happy Hogan and hearing Beck explain the existence of the previously-unmentioned monster very vaguely and clumsily, Talos and Soren easily realized that Beck was a fraud and that he was the one behind all of the attacks. Husband and wife fought side by side against the swarm of drones and projections, as Soren climbed to the roof of the building and used a rocket launcher to save Talos' life from a decloaked drone sent to assassinate him. After Beck's defeat and demise, Talos tried to claim that he was suspicious of Beck all along; however, Soren called him out for this.
Sometime later, Soren called Talos out for letting the situation get so far out of hand and ordered him to call Nick Fury about Mysterio's deception. Talos was initially adamant that everything worked out fine, but he eventually heeded to Soren's words and concluded his message with a request that Fury return to Earth.
Soren is a passive, but kind woman. She's a faithful wife and devoted parent. She was uncomfortable with some of the darker aspects of the war, such as her husband's casual identity theft of R. Keller or what amounted to the kidnapping of Peter Parker. Still, she stood by her husband through everything, having waited for him for at least six years and fighting by his side when tasked with impersonating Maria Hill and Nick Fury. She often showed a more level head than her husband, and called him out for some of the poorer decisions he'd made with no qualms about hurting his pride. They frequently banter, but their bickering is good-natured.
Powers and Abilities
- Skrull Physiology: Soren is a Skrull allowing her to possess superhuman abilities, most notably shapeshifting.
- Superhuman Strength: As a Skrull, Soren possesses superhuman strength.
- Shapeshifting: Like the rest of her species, Soren has the ability to shapeshift into sentient humanoid beings, perfectly matching their height, voice, unique physical characteristics, and even copying their clothing by way of Skrull co-morphing apparel. However, she has to visually perceive the person who is going to be imitated. She was able to shapeshift into Maria Hill.
- Expert Marksman: Soren is an excellent marksman being able to shoot down an E.D.I.T.H. drone with a rocket launcher.
- Glock 17: Soren carried a Glock 17 while disguised as Maria Hill, the same weapon that Hill would carry. As she and Talos arrived in Ixtenco, Mexico, posing as Hill and Nick Fury, she pulled out her sidearm when Mysterio appeared, but soon draw her aim and fired at Sandman, who emerged suddenly and attacked them.
- Rocket Launcher: During the Battle of London, she uses a rocket launcher to destroy a drone that was aiming at Talos.
|This section requires expansion|
- Mar-Vell's Laboratory: Along with the group of Skrull refugees, Soren moved to their ally Mar-Vell's laboratory in the 80s where she lived for over six years hiding from the Kree. She fled the lab with the others when her husband came to retrieve them.
- Rambeau Residence : After escaping from Mar-Vell's Laboratory and the Starforce, Soren and her family were briefly hosted by Maria Rambeau. Knowing that they were in need of a safe, permanent place to live, the Kree refugees were then taken to a new home by Carol Danvers.
- Nick Fury's Hideout: To be added
- The Shard: To be added
Behind the Scenes
- Sharon Blynn was uncredited for her appearance in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Cobie Smulders revealed in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that she went through the entire production of Spider-Man: Far From Home under the impression that she was playing the real Maria Hill. The fact that Hill was Soren in disguise was revealed to her by Kevin Feige a week before the film's release. The footage of her and Samuel L. Jackson in the car just prior to the reveal was shot for another scene that ended up getting cut.