- Dragon Physiology: Shou-Lao is a dragon. Dragons are an ancient race of mythical reptiles that possess vast abilities.
- Flight: As a dragon, Shou-Lao has wings that enable him to fly.
- Power Bestowal: After being subdued, Shou-Lao grants the powers of the Iron Fist to its defeater who has to punch his molten heart. From that point, they can summon the Iron Fist by harnessing their chi, and augment their physical and mental capabilities.
- Immortality: Shou-Lao is able to regenerate himself after multiple deaths, thus granting him the title of "the Undying".
|Appearances for Shou-Lao|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Shou-Lao the Undying is a mythical dragon and the source of power in K'un-Lun, but also for the Iron Fist.
Behind the Scenes
- Finn Jones revealed in an interview with Yahoo that Shou-Lao was not shown onscreen due to budgetary constraints: "I'd love to have the budget for these shows to have a full-on Game of Thrones style dragon. But unfortunately you know, we have budget restraints. That's the nature of the show."