- "Why would you come to me for help?"
"You're the only person I know in New York who doesn't want to kill me or put me in a mental hospital."
"Then I might want to rethink that."
"No, listen. I'm not crazy, okay? They drugged me. They, they... they brought me here against my will. You saw me being attacked the other night. You know there's something going on."
- ―Colleen Wing and Danny Rand
While meditating in a room at Birch Psychiatric Hospital, Danny Rand continued to have flashbacks of the plane crash. Upon opening his eyes, Danny found Doctor Paul Edmonds sitting by his bedside. Danny explains to Edmonds that following the plane crash, he was saved by two monks and taken to K'un-Lun, another dimension that is connected to the Earth periodically. It was there that he trained in martial arts and gained the power of the Iron Fist. Edmonds is not convinced, and diagnoses Danny as suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder.
Harold Meachum, who had been watching Danny at the hospital, sent his son Ward to offer Colleen Wing money in exchange for her testimony against Danny. She refuses after talking to Danny in the hospital.
Harold then secretly visited Danny, who reveals that he has become the Iron Fist and sworn enemy of the Hand.
Danny escapes the hospital.
Danny is able to convince Joy of his identity, but Ward is not convinced. Harold asks Ward to move Danny to a safe place where he can be useful, but Ward instead orders his men, disguised as patients at the hospital, to kill Danny. Danny then uses the power of the Iron Fist to overpower them and escape.
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing
- Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum
- Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum
- David Wenham as Harold Meachum
- Toby Nichols as Young Danny Rand
- David Furr as Wendell Rand
- Victoria Haynes as Heather Rand
- Murray Bartlett as Paul Edmonds
- James Hindman as Simon
- Barrett Doss as Megan
- Alex Wyse as Kyle
- Marquis Rodriguez as Darryl
- Donté Grey as Caleb
- Michael Maize as Dink
- Adam Feingold as Joe
- Zakiya Young as Nurse Smith
- David Lomax as Orderly
- José Báez as Mental Patient (uncredited)
- Roy Phillips as Patient (uncredited)
- Unknown Actress as Jenny (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Billy (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Jimmy (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Leo (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Tony (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Chodak (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Tashi (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Himalayas (flashback)
- Toronto, Canada (mentioned)
- Morocco (mentioned)
- Seven Capital Cities of Heaven (mentioned)
- K'un-Lun (mentioned)
- Long Island, New York (mentioned)
- Escape from Birch Psychiatric Hospital
- Air Crash in the Himalayas (flashback)
- Battle of New York (mentioned)
- Rand Enterprises Private Jet (flashback)
|Medication Time||Trevor Morris|
|Circus Bribe||Trevor Morris|
|Circus Was in Town||Trevor Morris|
|Danny Boy||David Wenham|
|Gao DIY||Trevor Morris|
|M&M Delivery||Trevor Morris|
|The Iron Fist||Trevor Morris|
- Dink's phrase "Ward Meachum sends his regards." could be a reference to the Red Wedding from George R.R. Martin's third A Song of Ice and Fire novel A Storm of Swords, which was adopted in the Game of Thrones, starring Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick.
- Danny Rand and Joy Meachum separating the brown M&M's from the other colors may be a reference to a famous story regarding the rock band Van Halen. During the 1980s, the band had a strange request as part of their tour rider asking for M&M's with all of the brown ones removed. For many years the reasoning behind this was unknown, until singer David Lee Roth revealed in 2012 that this was done to ensure that their demands had been read in full due to their elaborate stage production.