|For other uses, see Secret Invasion (disambiguation)|
Secret Invasion is an upcoming American web television series, based on the Marvel Comics crossover event of the same name. The series is a sequel to Captain Marvel and Spider-Man: Far From Home. It is the nineteenth television series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and an installment of Phase Four. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
To be added
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Ben Mendelsohn as Talos
- Kingsley Ben-Adir as a to-be-confirmed character
- Olivia Colman as a to-be-confirmed character
- Emilia Clarke as a to-be-confirmed character
- Killian Scott as a to-be-confirmed character
- Christopher McDonald as a to-be-confirmed character
- Noel Fisher as a to-be-confirmed character
To be added
Andrew W. Marlowe was hired to write the script for a Nick Fury project in 2006. The script he wrote was loosely based on Jim Starenko's Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. series and involved the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. The script was not written for the version of the character appearing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as it was constructed before Samuel L. Jackson was cast but Marlowe said that the script could be "tweaked" for Jackson's portrayal.
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that a Secret Invasion series was in development for Disney+ with Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn set to reprise their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles of Nick Fury and Talos, respectively in the series.
On January 11, 2021, in an interview with Collider, Kevin Feige revealed that the series' first season would consist of six episodes.
On April 19, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Olivia Colman had joined the cast of the series in an undisclosed role. That same day, it was reported that the series was scheduled to start filming in the fall in the United Kingdom and Europe. The next day, Variety reported that Emilia Clarke had joined the cast of the series in an undisclosed role.
On May 14, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Thomas Bezucha and Ali Selim would be directing episodes of the series. The next day, Collider reported that the series was expected to premiere in 2022.
On May 31, 2021, it was reported that the working title of the series would be "Jambalaya".
On July 1, 2021, in an interview, Christopher McDonald revealed that the series would start filming around mid-August.
On September 1, 2021, it was reported that the series had begun filming.
- Samuel L. Jackson to Play Nick Fury in New Marvel Disney Plus Series (EXCLUSIVE)r
- ‘Secret Invasion’ Reunites Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn in New Disney+ Series
- Kevin Feige Explains Why Marvel's ‘Secret Invasion’ Is a Disney+ Series and Not a Movie
- Here’s Who’s Directing Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ Disney+ Series
- Kingsley Ben-Adir To Star In Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ Series For Disney+
- Olivia Colman in Talks to Join Samuel L. Jackson in Marvel's 'Secret Invasion' (Exclusive)
- Emilia Clarke Joins Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Secret Invasion’: Killian Scott In Talks To Join Marvel Series For Disney+
- ‘Secret Invasion’: Christopher McDonald Joins Marvel Series For Disney+
- Richard W. Welch is listed as his assistant on IMDb
- 'Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D' Screenwriter Describes 'Expensive' Jim Steranko-Influenced Film
- Secret Invasion - Production List
- Borys Kit on Twitter - April 19, 2021
- ‘Secret Invasion’: Marvel’s Next Series Finds Its Directors (Exclusive)
- Working Title For Marvel’s ‘Secret Invasion’ Series Is ‘Jambalaya’
- Christopher McDonald Reacts To Secret Invasion Norman Osborn Rumours
- September 2021: London On Screen and Filming