He was interviewed for the documentary Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe.
- One of Robert Redford's main influences in accepting his role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier was that his grandchildren are fans of the films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and he wanted them to see him in one.
- The Old Man & the Gun was the final performance that Robert Redford filmed before he retired, but Avengers: Endgame is his final onscreen appearance.
- Joe Russo listed Three Days of the Condor as one of the major influences on Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The film stars Redford, who plays a government agent caught up in a major CIA conspiracy, similar to The Winter Soldier.
- One of the books seen in Captain America's apartment is All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward, and is about the Watergate scandal. Not only did Redford star in the film adaptation of the book, but the subject location, the Watergate hotel, can be seen in a shot of a Triskelion elevator in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Robert Redford paid tribute to his long-time friend Paul Newman featuring a bottle of Newman's Own Pasta Sauce in the refrigerator belonging to his character Alexander Pierce.
- Redford previously worked with Scarlett Johansson in The Horse Whisperer.
- Redford previously worked with Michelle Pfeiffer in Up Close and Personal.
- Redford previously worked with Mark Ruffalo in The Horse Last Castle.
- In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Afterlife, Lance Hunter compares himself and Phil Coulson to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Redford portrayed the Sundance Kid in the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- Robert Redford shares his birthday with Edward Norton and Giorgia Whigham.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.