- "It's never too late to be a family. I'll find a way to make everything okay again, I promise."
- ―Robert Minoru to Nico Minoru
Robert Minoru is the co-founder of Wizard and a member of PRIDE. He is the husband of Tina Minoru and the father of Amy and Nico Minoru. Robert was devastated by the death of Amy, which caused him and his wife to grow apart to the point that Robert started an affair with fellow PRIDE member Janet Stein. When this was publicly revealed by Janet's husband Victor, Robert briefly left the house he shared with Tina and Nico, hoping to live with Janet, but his lover ended their relationship. Robert was willing to sacrifice himself instead of Janet to revive Victor, but was eventually saved by Tina, who allowed him to return home so they could try and resume their relationship. Upon learning that Amy had actually been assassinated by Jonah, Robert resolved to kill him in revenge.
Robert kept working with the other members of PRIDE to locate the Runaways in the same time as their secret plan to murder Jonah. Robert tried to confront Jonah on his own, relying on an Anti-Gibborim Inhibitor of his own invention to weaken him, and nearly succeeded before being knocked out and returned to PRIDE. He then continued to contribute to the PRIDE's efforts to find their children, although he was worried about the harm that they could do to them. He and Tina faced their daughter Nico during a confrontation at the PRIDE Headquarters and nearly defeated her, but the Staff of One provided her with an incredible energy she used to attack her parents. Robert was heavily wounded in the fight, but survived the battle nonetheless. However, he was unaware that his wife was actually possessed by a Gibborim known as the Magistrate's Daughter.
To be added
Robert Minoru is one of the more compassionate members of PRIDE, compared to his wife Tina. Warm and gentle, he is more supportive of Nico. Following the death of his eldest daughter Amy, Robert has had an icy relationship with Tina. While Tina was considerably more dominant over him, Robert intends on cheating on her with Janet Stein, especially since she has an abusive husband. Amy's death has also left Robert with a sense of guilt over not being able to protect her.
- "Doubt all you want, but my entire advantage is the fact that people underestimate me."
- ―Robert Minoru
- Expert Engineer: As the co-founder of Wizard, Robert is extremely tech-savvy. He designed PRIDE's facial recognition software to locate their children, and even modified Karolina Dean's bracelet's range and intensity to harm Jonah. He also helped Victor and Janet Stein develop high-tech weapons to neutralize the Runaways.
- Bilingualism: Robert is fluent in both English and Japanese.
- Combatant: Robert is proficient in hand-to-hand combat, and was able to hold his own against Nico.
- Fistigons: Minoru briefly brandished one of the Fistigons at Janet Stein while justifying why he wanted to sacrifice himself instead of her.
- Anti-Gibborim Inhibitor: Minoru crafted a powerful inhibitor by reverse engineering Karolina Dean's bracelet. He rigged a room in the Church of Gibborim Executive Office with the inhibitors in order to weaken Jonah enough so he could take on him and kill him, and would have succeeded had Frances and Aura not intervened.
|Appearances for Robert Minoru|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Robert Minoru was a dark wizard, who hid under the disguise of a pious and religious man. He and his wife, Tina, were killed by the Gibborim.
Behind the Scenes
- Aj DeLeon was a stunt double for James Yaegashi in the role of Robert Minoru.
- Sokhan Kevin Sar was a stand-in for James Yaegashi in the role of Robert Minoru.