As the elder of his tribe, the River Tribe Elder went to the Warrior Falls to attend the Incoronation of T'Challa. During the ceremony, he announced that the River Tribe would not challenge T'Challa for the throne of Wakanda.
As an unidentified individual arrived in Wakanda, claiming to have killed Ulysses Klaue, the River Tribe Elder joined an emergency Tribal Council meeting summoned by T'Challa. When they interrogated the outsider, he questioned T'Challa if he is Wakandan or not. Finally, when the elder asked who the man was in Xhosa, like the other Elders, the River Tribe Elder was surprised to learn that the newcomer was actually N'Jadaka, also known as Erik Killmonger and the son of late Prince N'Jobu. When N'Jadaka claimed the throne of Wakanda, the River Tribe Elder declined N'Jadaka's challenge for the throne because their challenge will take weeks to prepare.
Later, the elder had to return to the Warrior Falls to witness his duel against T'Challa. When T'Challa was defeated, the River Tribe Elder swore allegiance to Killmonger, and as such, was forced to help him carry on his plan to send Vibranium weapons all around the world. However, Killmonger was eventually overthrown by the returning T'Challa, and the elder once again got to serve the rightful King of Wakanda.
- Bilingualism: The River Tribe Elder speaks his native Xhosa as well as English with a Wakandan accent.
- Kimoyo Beads: He wears one of these on his wrist to serve a number of purposes.
- Citadel: As a member of the Tribal Council, the River Tribe Elder frequently attended meetings in the Citadel.
- Black Panther trailer decoded: Secrets of the new Marvel movie
- Black Panther
- Translates from Xhosa to Who are you?