In 2014, Dey and his partner arrested Peter Quill again on Xandar along with Gamora, Rocket Raccoon and Groot for fighting in the center of Xandar. As Dey took Quill into custody, he mistakenly referred to Quill as Star-Prince, much to Quill's annoyance. When Quill insisted that Star-Lord was not a code-name but an outlaw name, Dey continued to tease him, explaining to his partner how he had arrested Quill a while back for petty theft.
Dey took Star-Lord and the others back to the Nova Corps Headquarters and explained their crimes to Denarian Garthan Saal. Once all the criminals had been introduced and their crimes explained, Saal ordered him to transfer the prisoners to the Kyln. Dey argued that the Kyln may be too violent a prison for these inmates; Saal showed his authority and insisted that their local cells were not enough to hold the prisoners, so the Kyln would have to do.
Star-Lord escaped from the Kyln with the help of the other prisoners and Drax the Destroyer. A few days after going missing, Quill contacted Dey at his home and informed him of the Guardians of the Galaxy's plan to stop the Kree warmonger, Ronan the Accuser, from destroying Xandar with the Orb, an incredibly powerful Infinity Stone he acquired on Knowhere.
Dey rushed back to the Nova Corps Headquarters and informed Nova Prime Irani Rael of the message. Although Denarian Garthan Saal insisted that the message was nothing more than a trick, Rael knew that Dey knew Quill personally and asked him to give his opinion. Dey explained that he believed that Star-Lord was sincere in his wish to help and Rael accepted this, sending Saal to lead the Nova Corps in a counter attack. He witnessed the Battle of Xandar from the control room.
Rhomann Dey was promoted to the rank of Denarian, replacing Garthan Saal who had lost his life during the battle. He presented the Guardians with their rebuilt ship, the Milano. He explained to Peter Quill how their actions had saved the lives of his wife and daughter, thus allowing him to clear their criminal records, although both Rocket Raccoon and Drax the Destroyer questioned what crimes they would be able to commit.
As he watched the Guardians of the Galaxy leave Xandar, Dey commented that it may not have been the best idea to allow Quill and the other Guardians to go free into the universe. Dey then returned home to his wife and daughter, grateful that they were still alive and he could continue his life with his beloved family. As soon as he walked through the door, his daughter jumped into his arms while his wife kissed him.
Rhomann Dey is an honorable, family man. Dey is loyal to his superiors and has a bit of an attitude towards others like Star-Lord, but after the battle on Xandar, he seemed to be able to trust him and the other members of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Tactician: Dey is great at formulating plans and putting his trust in people. This helped give him the promotion to Denarian for his actions in the Battle of Xandar. When he got a message from Star-Lord warning him about Ronans invasion, he trusted Star-Lord despite previously arresting him. Without this decision, Xandar would have been destroyed.
- Pilot: Dey is capable of flying a ship, arriving by air to detain Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot.
|This section requires expansion|
- Nova Corps Headquarters: To be added
- In the comics, Rhomann Dey was the Nova Prime of the Nova Corps. He lost his wife and daughter in the attack of Xandar caused by the warlord Zorr, the alleged father of Nebula, and was mortally wounded himself. Before his death, he managed to pass his powers and train the human Richard Rider.
Behind the Scenes
- Director Taika Waititi wanted to use Rhomann Dey in Thor: Ragnarok, but "there was no real way to pull it off."