|For other uses, see Rewind (disambiguation)|
At Rae's Restaurant, Enoch and his team kidnap S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Jemma Simmons, Alphonso Mackenzie, Yo-Yo Rodriguez and Quake. However, on orders of the mysterious "Seer", Leo Fitz is left behind. To Fitz, the span of two minutes passes instantaneously and he is stunned at the disappearance of his friends. Moments later, United States Armed Forces soldiers arrive, led by Lieutenants Evans and Lucas, who then arrest Fitz.
Fitz is interrogated by the two Lieutenants, and their superior, General Hale. When they realize that he wasn't involved in the disappearance of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Fitz allies with the Armed Forces to research possible theories as to how they vanished.The security cameras within a two-mile radius of the diner had gone dark during the kidnappings, with the only lead in the case being a Bendeery English Ale truck. For six months, Fitz sits alone in his cell researching with books, and watching soccer - the only outside contact that Fitz makes are letters to a soccer fanzine. When Hale realizes that they haven't learned anything over those six months, she threatens to have him locked up for good, but at that moment, his "attorney" arrives.
The attorney, revealed to be Lance Hunter in disguise, executes a breakout, revealing the location where Fitz was held to be a military compound, Blue Raven Ridge. Hunter's associate Rusty attempts to distract the military with a helicopter, but clumsily loses control and crashes to the ground. Fitz and Hunter escape in an RV, where using some of Rusty's tech, Fitz discovers the security footage that blacked out during the abduction. Fitz realizes that the beer van used to kidnap them had changed appearance using mysterious technology, and through it they eventually track down Enoch.
Holding Enoch at gunpoint, Fitz and Hunter learn that the "Seer" that left Fitz behind is Robin Hinton, Charles Hinton's daughter who had undergone Terrigenesis early and had gained the ability to tell the past, present and future, but only through drawings, as her power leaves her to become lost in her mind. At the same time, Evans and Lucas investigate Enoch's house and realize that the children's drawings in his house are prophetic, as one of the images depicts the very scene that the two Lieutenants are that very moment forming. They intercept Fitz and Hunter, but Enoch helps them to escape with his Chronicom tech.
Fitz, Hunter, Enoch, Robin and her mother Polly Hinton travel to a base underneath a lighthouse on Lake Ontario. Robin reveals that Fitz needs to save his fellow agents to bring them back to the present day, as the agents prevent humanity's extinction in 2091. Knowing that the base would eventually become the Lighthouse base populated by the Kree and the final remnants of humanity, Fitz stores some tools behind a wall for when he eventually arrives forward in time. Fitz reluctantly goes into cryosleep in Enoch's cryo-cell (which Hunter and Fitz obtained after breaking back into Blue Raven Ridge earlier). Fitz says goodbye to Hunter, but not before writing a note reading "Working on it" on the back of a Lake Ontario postcard. Meanwhile, Evans and Lucas are secretly executed by Hale for their failure.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Yo-Yo Rodriguez
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Catherine Dent as General Hale
- Lola Glaudini as Polly Hinton
- Nick Blood as Lance Hunter
- Zibby Allen as Lieutenant Evans
- Joe Layton as Lieutenant Lucas
- Lexy Kolker as Robin Hinton
- Asante Jones as Brookton
- Delpaneaux Wills as Forensic Officer
- Anthony Bless as MP Guard
- Peter Jang as Hangar Guard #1
- Seth Austin as Hangar Guard #2
- Chronyca-2 (mentioned)
- Abduction at Rae's Restaurant
- Escape from Blue Raven Ridge
- Infiltration into Blue Raven Ridge
- Attack on the S.H.I.E.L.D. International Inquiry (mentioned)
- Battle at the Transia Corporation Building (mentioned)
- Phil Coulson's Prosthetic Hand
- Quake Gauntlets
- Cryo-Freeze Chamber
- Bendeery English Ale (mentioned)
- White Monolith (video)
- Framework (mentioned)
- Margarita (mentioned)
- United States Air Force
- Rusty's Construction & Repair
- FBI (on-screen)
- CIA (on-screen)
- Liverpool Football Club (mentioned)
- Manchester United Football Club (mentioned)
- Glenn Talbot
- Daisy Johnson (LMD)
- Holden Radcliffe
- Jeffrey Mace
- Ghost Rider
- Rusty Peltzer
- Bobbi Morse
- Charles Hinton
- Montgomery Scott
- Isaac Asimov
- UEFA Champions League
|The Best That I Can Do||Johnny Doe||(Flashback) Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Daisy Johnson, Alphonso Mackenzie, Yo-Yo Rodriguez, and Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz have dinner at Rae's Restaurant after the battle as their waitress offers them pie when the lights go out and the Enoch and his men storm inside.|
- Before entering the Cryo-Freeze Chamber, Lance Hunter and Leo Fitz quotes the last dialogue between Leia Organa and Han Solo at the end of The Empire Strikes Back, before Solo is frozen into a carbonite block: "I love you.", I know.
- The real names of the two ferrets used in the episode are Salt and Pepper.
- ↑ If you remember the ferrets from last season, apparently their real life names were Salt and Pepper!