In the aftermath of the collapse of Midland Circle, barely survived Matt Murdock is taken to the Saint Agnes Orphanage, under the care of Paul Lantom and Maggie Grace. However, since his body was heavily injured, Murdock is unable to use his enhanced senses what put him into pain and despair. Murdock decides to keep the fact that he is alive a secret from his friends and drop the mantle of Daredevil.
Refusing to believe that Murdock is dead, Karen Page bought his apartment to keep it until his return. Page meets with Foggy Nelson at the apartment and asks him to help her convince the landlord to delay Murdock's eviction. Nelson tries to convince Page that Murdock is gone and she should accept it but agrees to help her with the apartment.
Lantom and Grace take Murdock to the basement of Clinton Church to recover, as he felt uncomfortable in the orphanage. Discussing his wounds and live choices, Murdock claims that he turned away from God who allowed all of this to happen, much to Grace's displeasure.
Still incarcerated at Ryker's Island, Wilson Fisk tries to distract himself but still was unable to get used to the prison. Fisk is visited by Benjamin Donovan and Nicholas Lee who informs him that his appeal is going well, however, DOJ accused Vanessa Marianna for being Fisk's accomplice and now she is forbidden to return to the United States.
Time later, Murdock is still living at the church, under the care of Grace. Suddenly, Murdock regains his enhanced abilities, which drives him to start training again. However, during the box training, Murdock had an issue with his hearing what put him down again.
At night, Murdock decides to return at the streets of New York City to become Daredevil once again, making a new black suit. Murdock hears the screams of Neda Kazemi who are being kidnapped, alongside with her father. Murdock attacks the kidnappers, allowing the Kazemis to escape, only to be beaten up by his hostiles. They escape, seeing the NYPD car coming to them, so as Murdock.
Ray Nadeem organizes a party for his family at his house, as his son had a birthday and his sister-in-law was certified cancer-free. However, he finds out from Seema that the family has financial difficulties.
Nadeem arrives at the New York City FBI Office and asks Tammy Hattley for performance review but Hattley states that Nadeem is too vulnerable. Hattley then tasks Nadeem to go to Ryker's Island and speak with Fisk although Fisk used to turn down every agent who tried to speak with him. However, Fisk suddenly informs Nadeem that he wants to cut a deal with the FBI for the sake of Marianna.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Joanne Whalley as Maggie Grace
- Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Peter McRobbie as Father Paul Lantom
- Danny Johnson as Benjamin Donovan
- Stephen Rowe as Nicholas Lee
- Kate Udall as SAC Tammy Hattley
- Sunita Deshpande as Seema Nadeem
- Noah Huq as Sami Nadeem
- Fajer Kaisi as Nihar Nadeem
- Nandita Shenoy as Saanvi Nadeem
- Dina Shihabi as Neda Kazemi
- Chris Colombo as Rostam Kazemi
- Jarrett Worley as Kidnapper
- Jaxon Folds as Orphan #1
- Cheikh Tairou M'Baye as Orphan #2
- Zenzi Williams as Nun
- John Patrick O'Keefe as Taxi Driver
- Evan Dane Taylor as Boxer
- JaQuinley Kerr as Wealthy Guest (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- New York
- Destruction of Midland Circle
- Attack on Rostam Kazemi
- Attack on the Hand (mentioned)
- Attack on Karen Page (mentioned)
- New York Bulletin
- Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz
- Donovan and Partners
- New York City Police Department
- New York City Department of Correction
- Visa Inc. (mentioned)
- Mastercard (mentioned)
- Goats (mentioned)
|Main Title||John Paesano||
|Nocturne in E flat major|
(Frédéric Chopin cover)
|Subway Feels||John Paesano|
|All My Friends||Walkingshoe|