- "In front of this God, I’d rather die as the Devil than live as Matt Murdock."
- ―Matt Murdock
In the aftermath of the collapse of Midland Circle, Matt Murdock, who has barely survived, is taken to the Saint Agnes Orphanage, under the care of Paul Lantom and Maggie Grace. Due to his heavy injuries, Murdock has lost his enhanced senses and falls into a cycle of grief and self-pity. Murdock decides to keep the fact that he is alive a secret from his friends and drop the mantle of Daredevil.
Refusing to believe that Murdock is dead, Karen Page continues paying rent on his apartment to keep it until his return. Page meets with Foggy Nelson at the apartment and asks him to help her convince the landlord to delay Murdock's eviction. Nelson tries to convince Page that Murdock is gone and that she should accept it but agrees to help her with the apartment.
Lantom and Grace take Murdock to the basement of Clinton Church to recover, as he feels uncomfortable in the orphanage. Discussing his wounds and choices, Murdock tells Grace that he has turned away from God, who has allowed this to happen.
Still incarcerated at Ryker's Island, Wilson Fisk tries to distract himself but is still unable to get used to the prison. Fisk is visited by Benjamin Donovan and Nicholas Lee who inform him that his appeal is progressing well, but that Vanessa Marianna is being charged as Fisk's accomplice and will not be allowed reentry to the United States.
Some time later, Murdock is still living at the church, under the care of Grace. He suddenly regains his enhanced abilities, which drives him to start training again. Grace convinces Lantom to bring in a boxer for him to spar against, but during their fight, Murdock has an issue with his hearing, causing him to lose both the fight and his senses, once again.
At night, Murdock decides to return to the streets of New York City to become Daredevil once again, making a new black suit. He hears the screams of Neda Kazemi, who is being kidnapped along with her father. Murdock attacks the kidnappers, allowing the Kazemis to escape, but is beaten up. They escape after hearing an NYPD car approaching and Murdock leaves as well.
Ray Nadeem organizes a party for his family at his house, celebrating his son's birthday and his sister-in-law being certified cancer-free. However, he learns from his wife, Seema, that the family is having financial difficulties.
Nadeem arrives at the New York City FBI Office and asks Tammy Hattley for a performance review, but Hattley says that Nadeem is too vulnerable. Hattley then tasks Nadeem to go to Ryker's Island and speak with Fisk, who despite previously refusing to speak to any agent, wants to cut a deal with the FBI for Marianna's sake.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Joanne Whalley as Maggie Grace
- Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Peter McRobbie as Father Paul Lantom
- Danny Johnson as Benjamin Donovan
- Stephen Rowe as Nicholas Lee
- Kate Udall as SAC Tammy Hattley
- Sunita Deshpande as Seema Nadeem
- Noah Huq as Sami Nadeem
- Fajer Kaisi as Nihar Nadeem
- Nandita Shenoy as Saanvi Nadeem
- Dina Shihabi as Neda Kazemi
- Chris Colombo as Rostam Kazemi
- Jarrett Worley as Kidnapper
- Jaxon Folds as Orphan #1
- Cheikh Tairou M'Baye as Orphan #2
- Zenzi Williams as Nun
- John Patrick O'Keefe as Taxi Driver
- Evan Dane Taylor as Boxer
- JaQuinley Kerr as Wealthy Guest (uncredited)
- Élodie Yung as Elektra (archive footage; uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Destruction of Midland Circle
- Kingpin's Conspiracy
- Attack on the Hand (mentioned)
- Attack on Karen Page (mentioned)
- New York Bulletin
- Hogarth, Chao & Benowitz
- Donovan and Partners
- New York City Police Department
- New York City Department of Correction
- Hand (flashback)
- Visa Inc. (mentioned)
- Mastercard (mentioned)
- Goats (mentioned)
|Main Title||John Paesano||
|Nocturne in E flat major
(Frédéric Chopin cover)
|Subway Feels||John Paesano|
|All My Friends||Walkingshoe|