Redwing was a combat and reconnaissance drone used by Sam Wilson, outfitted into the EXO-7 Falcon. The original Redwing, officially designated as Stark Drone MK82 922 V 80Z V2 Prototype Unit V6, was created by Stark Industries for Wilson after he became a member of the Avengers. Five years after the Infinity War, Wilson acquired a new Redwing drone, although it was destroyed six months later.
When the Avengers responded to the help call from Eastern Europe, they found themselves facing a giant robot resembling Ultron. Wilson used Redwing to scan the iron giant, finding its weak spot, which allowed the Avengers to take it down.
During the Avengers' mission in Lagos, Falcon took a position on the roof of a building overlooking the city as the team searched for Crossbones. Falcon used Redwing in scanning a garbage truck and informed Captain America that it full by armed mercenaries. When Crossbones and his mercenaries stormed the IFID Headquarters to steal a bioweapon, Falcon used Redwing again to scan the building. Redwing managed to pinpoint Crossbones on the third floor.
While chasing the mercenaries who had split up, Black Widow encountered two of them and engaged in a fight. But when one of the mercenaries got the upper hand on Black Widow, Redwing took him down, saving Black Widow. Black Widow thanked Falcon, who jokingly insisted she thank Redwing instead and even pet it, but she refused.
As Falcon was apprehended by Joint Counter Terrorist Centre, Redwing, as well as the EXO-7 Falcon, was confiscated. Later, Sharon Carter returned Falcon his ammunition before he joined Captain America in Schkeuditz. During the Clash of the Avengers, Redwing was used to assist in taking down Iron Man and his team. When Spider-Man pinned down Falcon and Winter Soldier with his webs, Falcon subtly used Redwing to grapple Spider-Man and fly him outside the terminal building. Falcon later used Redwing to temporarily disorientate Iron Man.
At the beginning of the Battle of Wakanda, some of the Outriders managed to penetrate the energy barrier. As they were charging towards the Wakandan army, Falcon shot them with his pistols and deployed Redwing, which split into three parts and pierced in high speed through the Outriders. As Redwing did not return to Falcon's EXO-7 Falcon suit before the Snap, it was not turned to dust, and was left behind in Wakanda.
In 2024, Sam Wilson began to do contract work for the United States Air Force and was given a new EXO-7 Falcon suit, along with a new Redwing drone. Falcon deployed Redwing during his fight with the terrorist organization LAF and to help rescue Vassant, during which one of the LAF members shot Redwing. While attempting to repair Redwing in Tunisia, Joaquín Torres attempted to help Wilson, only for Wilson to notify Torres that he did not want anyone else touching the drone since it always ended up glitchy after Air Force technicians handled it.
Wilson sent Redwing to scout out Munich, Germany and look for the Flag Smashers. After Redwing located them, Joaquin Torres took Wilson and Bucky Barnes to Munich. When Barnes jumped out of the plane and landed in the forest below, Redwing found him and took footage of the fall, much to Wilson's amusement. Redwing then followed Barnes to an abandoned factory where Wilson was.
Barnes split off from Wilson to scout the area and Redwing followed him, with Wilson teasing Barnes throughout. After they spotted the Flag Smashers, they gave chase. Redwing followed in the sky and flew towards Barnes who was restrained on top of the Flag Smashers' trucks, however Karli Morgenthau jumped in the air with superhuman agility and broke Redwing in half.
The Redwing drone is stored in a compartment at the back of the EXO-7 Falcon. It can be flown remotely by Falcon using a touch screen located on his left bracer. When launched, its miniature size allows it to scout the environment undetected and provides tactical data directly to Falcon's Combat Goggles.
- Flight: Redwing is capable of flight and maneuverability equal to that of the EXO-7 Falcon. Its mobility is such that it can easily traverse tight spaces, such as underneath a moving vehicle, with ease, and it is able to move quickly and silently enough to move amongst a group of people without being noticed.
- Visual Linking and Scanner Vision: Redwing utilizes a specialized camera to view into 360 degrees and in multiple spectrums. It also has tracking software, allowing Falcon to be able to close in on hidden targets and determine an enemy's weakspots. The Redwing provides a visual of what it sees as well as tactical data that is fed directly into Falcon's Combat Goggles. It has a scanner vision with the ability to see through solid objects such as buildings or vehicles and discern its cargo, personnel, and weaponry.
- Grappling Proficiency: Redwing is equipped with a projectile grappling handcuff line on its underside. It can use the grappling line to transport a passenger or drag off enemy combatants while in flight.
- Machine Guns: Redwing has twin cannons that extend from both wings. Falcon used them to help Black Widow when she was cornered in the Lagos market.
- Splitting: Redwing is able to split into three parts while flying.
- Pulsed Laser and Missile: Redwing can change its the lower part into a laser that can cut almost anything. And it can change from laser to missiles that are supposed to act to destroy the tail of an ellipcomter.
- Captain America: Road to War
- Captain America: Civil War
- Avengers: Infinity War
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- In the comics, Redwing is a falcon and a close companion to Sam Wilson, with whom it shared a telepathic link due to an ability bestowed upon Wilson by Red Skull.