Tandy is consumed with getting answers about the Roxxon cover-up. To get the answers she is looking for, Tandy tests out her power to gain new insights. Tyrone, on the other hand, is focusing on being a normal kid as the basketball state finals approach. With so much weighing on him lately, can he truly push everything to the side and win the big game for Billy? Meanwhile, Detective O'Reilly looks into the city's drug problems to get some answers of her own.
In spite of the death of Greg Pressfield, Tandy Bowen keeps investigating on Roxxon Corporation's involvement in the Destruction of the Roxxon Gulf Platform. Needing information on the Roxxon executives, she goes to St. Sebastian's Preparatory School to see Tyrone Johnson, to whom she tells that she learned how to control her Lightforce-based powers.
Bowen then asks Johnson to help her enter the school's computer room so she can do some online research on the Roxxon executives, including Vance Caruthers, Tucker Price and Gideon Green. She figures out that all of them are not at the top of the chain and that there is still someone with a higher rank responsible for the event. In order to uncover their identity, she decides to infiltrate a gala held by Roxxon so she can read the hopes of the people attending.
Meanwhile, Johnson prepares for the basketball finals, pitting St. Sebastian against Hancock High School, desiring to live up to the expectations of his whole family and friends although he somehow lost the taste for the game. While watching a photo of his late brother, Johnson inadvertently teleports in Buildwell Wood Shop, a lumber mill owned by Duane Porter, a friend of his brother, who expresses admiration towards Johnson's achievements in basketball.
Both the Roxxon gala and the basketball game occur on the same night. During the gala, Bowen reviews the hopes of Caruthers, Price and Green, which all have in common the humiliation of a man Bowen cannot identify. While Bowen abundantly uses her powers, Johnson loses grip on his, which causes a basket ball to suddenly appear in the middle of the Roxxon gala. Johnson also suspects that the game is rigged as the referee seems to heavily favour St. Sebastian's team.
Things become even difficult during the game's break. Indeed, Johnson himself accidentally teleports to the gala, much to Bowen's astonishment. Johnson blames Bowen for this, stating that the more she uses her powers, the more his own become difficult to control. Bowen dismisses the claim and assumes that Johnson can learn how to control his powers the same way she did, by putting himself in danger. To prove her point, she pushes Johnson of a balcony into a fountain, causing him to teleport back just as the game resumes.
Bowen eventually identifies the man she saw in her visions, which she actually saw in real life: Peter Scarborough. She tracks hims down and finds his house, pretending to be a young girl in need of assistance with her car. As Scarborough agrees to changer her tires, Bowen reads his hopes, and has a vision of Scarborough picking up packs of bills from the victims of the platform's collapse. Bowen reads the name of one of them on a helmet: Ivan Hess, the father of Mina Hess, a young Roxxon scientist she encountered at the gala. Bowen thus decides to approach her.
Johnson rejoins the basketball game and does great as both teams fiercely play to win. However, Johnson repeatedly touches players of Hancock High, seeing through their fears, just like with the referee. Pitying them, Johnson decides to offer Hancock High the victory and purposefully misses his last shot. Going back home, he is welcomed by his girlfriend Evita Fusilier, with whom his previously made his relationship official. Fusilier tells Johnson that she is aware of what Johnson did during the game and the two of them spend the night together.
- Olivia Holt as Tandy Bowen/Dagger
- Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson/Cloak
- Gloria Reuben as Adina Johnson
- J.D. Evermore as James Connors
- Miles Mussenden as Otis Johnson
- Carl Lundstedt as Liam Walsh
- Emma Lahana as Brigid O'Reilly
- Ally Maki as Doctor Mina Hess
- Noëlle Renée Bercy as Evita Fusilier
- Wayne Pére as Peter Scarborough
- Lane Miller as Officer Kenneth Fuchs
- Dalon J. Holland as Duane Porter
- Dalton E. Gray as Benny
- Zachary Perez-Rukavina as Louden Swift
- Billy Slaughter as Vance Caruthers
- Amy Dionne as Judy
- Lauren Helling as Laurel
- Jim Klock as Coach
- Nakina Eugene as Assistant
- Damon Lipari as Referee
- Amar Malone as Player
- John L. Armijo as Bookies Hitman (uncredited)
- Stacy Brewer as Cheerleader (uncredited)
- Donny Carrington as Hancock Player #3 (uncredited)
- Gabe Goodwin as Basketball Player (uncredited)
- Chad Governale as Detective Budge (uncredited)
- Tim Kang as Ivan Hess (uncredited)
- Bruce Vincent Logan as Oil Executive (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Tucker Price (uncredited)
- Unknown Actor as Gideon Green (uncredited)
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Roxxon Gulf Platform (mentioned)
- Mosul, Iraq (mentioned)
- New York City, New York (mentioned)
- Gulf of Mexico (mentioned)
- Infiltration into the Roxxon Gala
- Assassination of Billy Johnson (mentioned)
- Destruction of the Roxxon Gulf Platform (mentioned)
To be added
- Nathan Bowen (picture)
- Renato Tremlay (picture)
- Sergio MacCullagh (picture)
- Li Oshiro (picture)
- Billy Johnson (picture)
- Rockwell (picture)
- Francis Xavier Delgado
- Betty and Veronica
- Bechdel test
|Burn It Down||Siobhan Sainte|
|R U Ready - Original Mix||Say Wut|
|No Mercy||Ndidi O|
|Rich Friends||Portugal. The Man|
|Born for This||7kingZ||
|Secrets and Lies||Ruelle|
|Cloak & Dagger|