Owen Shaw was Deke Shaw's father and a member of the True Believers community. He was exiled to the surface of the Earth by Kasius for trying to promote the prophecy of people from the past arriving to save humanity. During his exile he was killed by his best friend, Samuel Voss.
Exile to Earth
While the Kree Watch thought Owen would be devoured by Vrellnexians, he actually survived in the remnants of the Zephyr One. He remained in contact with Virgil, the only True Believer left in the Lighthouse.
- "Came at me with a knife, and the knife ended up in his throat."
- ―Samuel Voss
- "I told my parents not to believe in this roach-crap fairy tale, and they went and they died for it anyway. And I'm probably next in line. But there is no way in hell that I am gonna let some blue Kreeper destroy that machine before I get to see whether or not that damn thing was worth any of this."
- ―Deke Shaw
However, Deke eventually embraced Owen's belief and understood why Owen had fought for something which looked like an unreachable utopia. As a result, Deke was even willing to sacrifice himself so that the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents could return to their time.
Deke also confronted Samuel Voss about the murder of his father. He was left with the opportunity to avenge Owen's death, but Deke ultimately chose to spare Voss, despite Voss reminding him that Owen had taught him to play on the long game.
The death of Owen stayed with Deke even after choosing not to get revenge, as Deke later related to Freddy Malick after Malick mentioned his own father dying at a young age. The two bonded over this shared experience.
- White Monolith: Owen Shaw kept a shard of the White Monolith which once belonged to his wife. He always had it with him after she died and refused to leave it to his son Deke when he was exiled to Earth. Owen brought the White Monolith's shard into the Zephyr One, where it would be used to bring the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents from the past.
- Isochronus Cyclotron: Shaw built this device using schematics left by Leo Fitz in an alternate timeline. He then used it with a fragment of the White Monolith to activate it and bring a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents into year 2091.
- Lighthouse: Shaw used to be a resident of the Lighthouse until he was banished to the surface of the Earth with other True Believers. Due to his exile, he was forced to abandon his own son Deke in the Lighthouse.
- Great-Grandmother-in-Law (alternate timeline)
- Grandfather-in-Law (alternate timeline)
- Grandmother-in-Law (alternate timeline)
- Alistair Fitz (alternate timeline) - Grandfather-in-Law
- Mrs. Fitz - Grandmother-in-Law (alternate timeline)
- Leo Fitz (alternate timeline) - Father-in-Law
- Jemma Simmons (alternate timeline) - Mother-in-Law
- Mrs. Shaw † - Wife (alternate timeline)
- Deke Shaw (alternate timeline) - Son
- True Believers (alternate timeline)
- Kree Watch (alternate timeline)
- Kasius † (alternate timeline)
- Samuel Voss (alternate timeline) - Best Friend turned Killer
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
In an alternate timeline:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.04: A Life Earned
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.15: Rise and Shine
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.16: Inside Voices
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.08: The Last Day
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.03: A Life Spent
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.09: Best Laid Plans
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.10: Past Life
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 7.01: The New Deal