Barely surviving the ambush of Albanian Syndicate, FBI escorts Wilson Fisk to the Presidential Hotel where he was supposed to spend his sentence. En route to his quarters, Fisk orders Benjamin Donovan and Nicholas Lee to contact with Vanessa Marianna and make sure that she is safe. Ray Nadeem tells Fisk about the rules of his sentence and angrily says that good men died for him. Later, Donovan and Lee inform Fisk that they failed to contact Marianna, stating that she is lost.
Karen Page attends family dinner with Mitchell Ellison and his family in their house. However, during dinner, Page and Ellison learn that Fisk was released from Ryker's Island. Ellison tells Page to stay away from this story because she can be biased. Meanwhile, Foggy Nelson wakes up after another nightmare with Matt Murdock and Marci Stahl tries to comfort him. Later, Nelson in horror watches New York Bulletin report about Fisk's release.
Murdock comes to the hotel to learn more about Fisk's release while Fisk's illusion mocking him, saying that God is angry with you and restored his hearing only to make Murdock hear Fisk's name. Seeing Page outside of the hotel, "Fisk" says that Murdock cannot protect her like he let down his father, Stick and Elektra. While Murdock hides from Page, she comes to speak with Nadeem. Nadeem tries to convince her that the FBI did not release Fisk and him still a convicted prisoner. Page does not admit Nadeem's decision and he tells her about FBI agents died during the ambush and proposes to write a story about them.
As part of his deal, Fisk spent all his time in his quarters, under the watch of Benjamin Poindexter and Lim. Donavan and Lee demand Poindexter to shut down the cameras in order to speak with their client. They then inform Fisk that they contacted with Felix Manning who hid Marianna in Barcelona. However, Fisk states that Albanians can get to her in Europe and orders them to relocate her somewhere closer to the United States of America.
Nelson comes to visit Blake Tower who runs his re-election campaign and informs that he is ready to support him to return Fisk to the prison. Tower replies that Fisk is under FBI supervision what out of DA's jurisdiction and Nelson must let it go. Nelson suggests that Tower's inaction is connected with his re-election campaign and Tower demands him to leave.
Meanwhile, Murdock manages to infiltrate into the hotel, avoiding all agents guarding Fisk. Fisk's illusion then says that all of this happened because Murdock refused to kill him. Murdock attempts to follow Donovan and reach to Fisk's quarters but Poindexter halts him, asking Murdock for a room key. Murdock leaves him to wear his vigilante suit to reach to Fisk in another way.
Nadeem arrives at the Riverbank Medical Center where he meets with Tammy Hattley. Nadeem blames himself for deaths of his colleagues because he insisted on Fisk's relocation but Hattley advises him to focus on the job in order to save more lives. Seema Nadeem comes to the hospital and hugs his husband to comfort him.
While Lim brings Fisk his dinner, he attempted to speak with Poindexter who watched for him. Fisk says that he feels guilt for killed agents and he owes Poindexter for saving his life, admitting his skills. Annoyed Poindexter states that dinner is over and take his food away. Poindexter returns to the New York City FBI Office where he discusses recent events with Myman. He tells him about Julie Barnes who spent her time with Poindexter, listening to him.
In his vigilante suit, Murdock assaults Donovan at the hotel's parking deck. Murdock chokes him, demanding to tell everything about Fisk's release and he informs him that FBI promised to drop the charges of Marianna. Before Murdock could learn more, FBI agents arrive at the deck and start to search for Murdock, thinking that he is one of the Albanians. En route to the exit, Murdock takes down several agents, however, remained agents put him in open confrontation and Murdock defeats all of them.
At Page's office, she informs Ellison that the Presidential Hotel was owned by Rostam Kazemi who was attacked by criminals. Ellison agrees to listen to her and Page tells him her theory that Fisk managed to purchase the hotel from Kazemi through off-shore companies. Ellison decides to take the story away from Page but she says that she won't stop to work on this.
Murdock returns to the Clinton Church where he washes the blood off his hands. Murdock expresses Maggie Grace that people can't change, meaning Fisk. Grace treats his injuries while Murdock states that Fisk assists FBI and changed for a woman he loves. Murdock, however, can't believe it and still considers that Fisk still the monster who setting FBI up.
During the night, Poindexter observes Barnes from his car as she went to buy pizza, taking his medication before spying on her. While eating her pizza slice from a pizza parlor, Poindexter emulates her actions and eats his slice at the car.
Nelson attends local bar to drink where Murdock reveals him that he is alive. However, Murdock says that he did not come back asks Nelson to stay away from Fisk and tell Page to do the same, while Murdock takes care of Fisk by himself. Murdock then leaves Nelson at the bar after he steals his wallet with attorney ID.
Back at the hotel, Donovan informs Fisk that man who attacked him was none other than Daredevil, despite he was not in his red suit.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Joanne Whalley as Maggie Grace
- Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem
- Wilson Bethel as Benjamin Poindexter
- Stephen Rider as Blake Tower
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison
- Amy Rutberg as Marci Stahl
- Danny Johnson as Benjamin Donovan
- Stephen Rowe as Nicholas Lee
- Kate Udall as SAC Tammy Hattley
- Sunita Deshpande as Seema Nadeem
- Max Baker as Doctor Myman
- Holly Cinnamon as Julie Barnes
- Meredith Salenger as Lily Ellison
- Chris Carfizzi as Jason Ellison
- Scotty Crowe as Agent Lim
- Matthew McCurdy as Agent Wellers
- Don Castro as Agent Arinori
- Richard Prioleau as Agent Doyle
- David Anthony Buglione as Agent Johnson
- Josiah Nolan as Agent Mockta
- Sam Slater as Agent O'Connor
- Toni Di Buono as Arlene
- Anna Reichert as Vexed Cop
- Bruce Faulk as Installer
- Dan Mason as Wealthy Guest
- Josh Evans as Hotel Staffer
- Frank Fernandez as Wealthy Hotel Patron (uncredited)
- Ashley North as Wealthy Hotel Patron (uncredited)
- JaQuinley Kerr as Business Owner (uncredited)
- Hank Strong as FBI Agent (uncredited)
- And Palladino as Angry Protestor (uncredited)
- Ray Rosario as Wealthy Businessman (uncredited)
- New York City, New York
- Barcelona, Spain (mentioned)
- Cayman Islands (mentioned)
- Luxembourg (mentioned)
- Infiltration into Presidential Hotel
- Ambush on the FBI Convoy (mentioned)
- Attack on Karen Page (mentioned)
- Assassination of Ben Urich (mentioned)
- Battle of New York (newspaper)
- Duel of Harlem (newspaper)
- Attack on Rostam Kazemi (mentioned)
To be added
- New York Bulletin
- Hogarth, Chao and Benowitz
- New York City Police Department
- Donovan and Partners
- Millar & Lumming
- Albanian Syndicate (mentioned)
- Proxy Magazine (mentioned)
- United States Department of Justice (mentioned)
- Vanessa Marianna
- Kevin Page
- Ben Urich
- Jack Murdock
- Sami Nadeem
- Felix Manning
- Elena Cardenas
- Neda Kazemi
- Rostam Kazemi
- Hulk (newspaper)
- Abomination (newspaper)
- Ralph Ellison
- The Beatles
To be added
|End of Days||Zachary Kibbee|