After the Avengers Civil War, Tony Stark sold Avengers Tower and moved all Avengers equipment to the facility, and used it as his primary place of residence. It was later annihilated before its ruins was the stage for one last battle against the genocidal tyrant Thanos for the fate of the universe itself.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Warehouse
- 1.2 A New Team
- 1.3 Duel at the New Avengers Facility
- 1.4 Sokovia Accords
- 1.5 Rescue of Wanda Maximoff
- 1.6 Dissolution of the Avengers
- 1.7 Moving On
- 1.8 Return of Captain America
- 1.9 Aftermath of the Snap
- 1.10 Ambush on Thanos
- 1.11 Post-Snap World
- 1.12 Blip
- 1.13 Attack on the New Avengers Facility
- 1.14 Battle of Earth
- 2 Places of Interest
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 References
- 6 External Links
The facility that would become the New Avengers Facility started out as a series of Stark Industries warehouses created by Howard Stark. The warehouses were used to store Stark Industries equipment, such as the Signal Decoy. Certain S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, such as Hank Pym, were privy to the items being stored at the warehouse. Over time, the warehouses were no longer guarded, to the point where Pym referred to them as abandoned, despite them still housing Stark equipment.
A New Team
In 2015, the New Avengers Facility was founded shortly after the Battle of Sokovia and end of the Ultron Offensive. Many of the staff were former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, such as Maria Hill and Nick Fury. In addition, the Facility had the support of renowned scientists such as Erik Selvig and Helen Cho. The base was used for scientific research, military training, weapons development, and the new Avengers program. Vehicles and aircraft such as the Quinjet were also stationed at the Facility.
Prior to the Infiltration into Pym Technologies Headquarters, Hank Pym and Hope van Dyne assigned Scott Lang to infiltrate a warehouse to retrieve a Signal Decoy designed by Pym, only to discover that it was located right next to the New Avengers Facility. Attempting to continue along with the plan, Lang was intercepted by Sam Wilson after tripping the motion detectors. The two fought for a short time but, in the end, Lang disabled Wilson’s flight pack and succeeded in retrieving the Signal Decoy.
One month after the Lagos Catastrophe, Thaddeus Ross convened with the Avengers along with Stark at the New Avengers Facility to discuss the Sokovia Accords. After his briefing, they privately discussed the implications of the Sokovia Accords with Rogers staunchly rejecting them and Stark supporting them, causing the Avengers to splinter into two factions.
When Maximoff tried to leave the facility, Vision stopped her, informing her that she is not permitted to leave the premises. He explains that after her actions in Lagos, Stark requested that she be kept safe under house arrest until the debate on the Sokovia Accords had cooled down.
Shortly, Steve Rogers enlisted Clint Barton to rescue Wanda Maximoff from the New Avengers Facility. Barton set off an explosion outside to distract Vision while he explained the situation to Maximoff. However, Vision interrupted them and set off Barton's electric trap, which he eventually escaped from and restrained Barton.
Maximoff used her powers to control the Mind Stone forcing Vision to phase and release Barton. She then used her powers to increase Vision's density against his will until she slammed him through several stories of the Facility and deep into the ground, allowing Barton and Maximoff to escape.
Dissolution of the Avengers
Following the end of the Avengers Civil War, Tony Stark helped James Rhodes with physical therapy in his new exoskeletal brace, which allowed him to walk but ended his military and Avenger careers. Soon, Stark received a cellphone and a letter from Rogers, who apologized for keeping the truth about his parents' death from Stark and promised to be with him if he ever needed help.
Following the Battle at the HYDRA Siberian Facility and the subsequent dissolution of the Avengers, Tony Stark chose to live at the New Avengers Facility, after having it remodeled. Stark, Vision, James Rhodes, and Happy Hogan continued to use the facility as their place of residence and offered a room to Peter Parker upon his invitation to become an official member of the Avengers. However, Parker declined, thinking he had more to learn before becoming an Avenger.
Return of Captain America
In 2018, Thaddeus Ross contacted James Rhodes via hologram in the New Avengers Facility and the two were talking about the disappearance of Vision and his rescue by Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, and Sam Wilson. When Rogers and his team arrived with Vision and Wanda Maximoff, Rhodes ended the call and with the reassembled Avengers and Bruce Banner, who had arrived earlier, discussed their next move.
Banner warned them that Thanos was after the Mind Stone. Although Vision agreed to sacrifice himself and let the Mind Stone be destroyed in order to prevent Thanos from obtaining it, however, Rogers did not allow it. He decided to go to Wakanda, where they could extract the stone from Vision without killing him. The Avengers took a Quinjet and flew left the Facility.
Aftermath of the Snap
Following the Snap, the surviving Avengers and Rocket Raccoon returned to the United States and, en route to the New Avengers Facility, discovered a pager displaying a strange symbol which they recognized as having been activated by Fury who was one of the victims. At the Facility, they bypassed the battery in order to prevent it from running dry.
As the pager continued to transmit with James Rhodes monitoring, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, and Bruce Banner monitored the immense reports of casualties, making the full scale of the catastrophe horrifically clear. Rhodes reported that the pager had stopped transmitting, and Rogers requested that the signal is restarted, to Banner's objection as they had no idea who the signal was intended for.
As Romanoff explained that Fury knew and that she wanted to know herself, she suddenly discovered that Carol Danvers arrived, demanding to know where Fury was. Shortly after her arrival at the New Avengers Facility, Danvers set out to rescue Tony Stark and Nebula from deep space, managing to return them to Earth and to the Facility.
Following their arrival, the remaining Avengers assessed the casualties in the Snap. Following the briefing, Stark berated Rogers for their separation during the Infinity War, arguing that a suit of armor around the world could have prevented Thanos' success, although Rogers quickly argued back that such an idea failed to work before. Weakened from his prolonged time in space and sudden outburst, Stark fainted.
As Stark was administered medical care by Banner, the Avengers noted that Thanos' location was unknown following his escape after the Snap. Nebula revealed that Thanos planned to settle in a place known as "the Garden" once his plan was complete. Following a deep-space analysis, Rocket determined that the same energy signature emitted by the Snap was present on another uninhabited planet, Planet 0259-S, just two days prior.
Surmising that Thanos was located there, Thor, Danvers, Rocket, Nebula, and the remaining Avengers sans Stark traveled there to confront him and regain the Infinity Stones to undo the Snap. However, Thanos revealed that he had destroyed the stones to prevent further use, making the Snap irreversible, before Thor killed him. Forced to live with their failure and annihilation of half the universe, the Avengers returned disheartened to Earth to the facility.
Following a meeting between Romanoff and Okoye, Nebula, Carol Danvers, Rocket Raccoon, and James Rhodes, Rhodes revealed to Romanoff that Barton had mass murdered the members of the Mexican Cartel as part of his campaign, much to Romanoff's distress. Later, Rogers offered to comfort Romanoff, but was interrupted by the arrival of Scott Lang.
Lang revealed that he had been transported to the Quantum Realm where he was trapped for five hours, only to realize that five years had passed on Earth when he emerged. Realizing that such a phenomenon could allow for time travel, Lang proposed that the Avengers travel back in time to extract the Infinity Stones from the past in order to reverse the Snap in the present.
With the help of Bruce Banner, the Avengers managed to construct a makeshift time machine out of the quantum realm portal. Despite their efforts, however, their attempt to send Lang back in time was a failure, sending time through Lang instead. Having anticipated this failure and had a change of heart, Tony Stark drove to the New Avengers Facility with a working time-space GPS, making amends with Rogers and agreeing to help.
After the Avengers reassembled, Banner, Nebula, and Lang worked on the suit that would allow them to travel through the quantum realm. Barton agreed to use the time machine for one test run. The test run was a success, with Barton landing in his homestead in an alternate time period and returning to the present within seconds.
Having managed to create a safe, working time machine, the Avengers worked together to determine the best time periods to go back to, eventually deciding to go to New York City in 2012 for the Time, Space, and Mind Stones; Asgard in 2013 for the Reality Stone; and Vormir and Morag in 2014 for the Soul and Power Stones respectively. Later, working time-travel suits were made for all the Avengers, using the Ant-Man Suit as a basis for its design.
Following the successful Time Heist in which each Infinity Stone was extracted from the past and brought to the present, the Avengers regrouped in the hangar of the New Avengers Facility, although, unbeknownst to them, an alternate version of Nebula from 2014 had been to replace her true self. After taking a moment to mourn Romanoff's sacrifice, the Avengers decided to move forth with their plan.
After Stark, Rocket, and Banner built a new Nano Gauntlet to house the Infinity Stones, Thor volunteered to use it, but was quickly advised against it due to his physical and mental condition. Instead, Banner decided to wield the Gauntlet, realizing that the gamma radiation within him would help him survive the Stones' power.
As the alternate Nebula activated the Quantum Tunnel in the hangar, Banner prepared to reverse the Snap. Despite initially struggling under the raw power of wielding the Infinity Stones, Banner was able to snap his fingers and enact the Blip, restoring all the lives taken five years before.
Shortly after the Blip, an alternate Thanos and his army traveled in the Sanctuary II via the quantum realm and arrived in 2023, where the warship destroyed the hangar. Before the Avengers could notice, the Sanctuary II obliterated the New Avengers Facility and its grounds by firing several missiles at it. A final larger missile engulfed the whole facility, creating a huge explosion across the entire facility and beyond, leaving a large black cloud filling the area.
The ruins of the facility served as the battleground during the Battle of Earth and the restored Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Masters of the Mystic Arts, the Wakandan armies, the Asgardians, the Ravagers, Hope van Dyne, and Pepper Potts arrived there to participate. Parts of the main facility building was still intact. During the battle, a dam broke by the lake next to the Facility and began to flood part of the battlefield, but this was stopped by Stephen Strange.
Places of Interest
- Conference Room: The main room for holding meetings amongst the Avengers and any visitors. When Thaddeus Ross arrived at the facility to introduce the Sokovia Accords to the Avengers, they all gathered in the conference room where he went through their previous battles and what the new Accords that were made as a result of that would entail.
- Living Area: When the facility was remodeled, a new room was built for the Avengers to use as the main area of operations and downtime. This includes a small kitchen area attached, a round table capable of projecting holograms, a sitting area and bookshelf. When the Avengers reunited at the facility after an Attack on Vision, they stood around in the common room and discussed Thanos and his mission to retrieve all the Infinity Stones, one being located in Vision's forehead. After the Snap, the Avengers returned to the facility, where Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff observed the death count in different countries through the hologram emitted from the round table. When Captain Marvel rescued Tony Stark in space, they all gathered to inform them of the Snap; however, Stark ended up collapsing so Bruce Banner tended to him. Nebula informed them of Thanos' location, and they all then discussed going after him, learning that he used the Stones again. After failing to bring everyone back, Romanoff started leading the Avengers, having meetings with the other members via an active channel with holographic communication. When Romanoff and Rogers were talking to each other, they witnessed the return of Scott Lang who told them about the Quantum Realm and his desire to Time Travel. When they achieved a way to do so, and with the whole team reassembled, they began to brainstorm the Time Heist over the next few days until they finally completed their plan.
- Workshop: Next to the common area, a section that provides controlled conditions in which scientific or technological research, experiments, and measurement may be performed. When Thaddeus Ross contacted James Rhodes to discuss the recent disappearance of Vision, the fugitive Avengers arrived, where they were reunited with Bruce Banner. After the Snap, the Avengers found Nick Fury's Transmitter Pager and bypassed the pager's battery in order for it to continue to send out its signal, where they eventually encountered Captain Marvel. When the Avengers successfully stole the Infinity Stones throughout history, Tony Stark, Banner and Rocket Raccoon began working on a Nano Gauntlet to wield the Stones. Once they completed the gauntlet, Banner put it on, and the others watched as he snapped his fingers, successfully bringing everyone back.
- Lounge: Right next to the conference room, the Avengers sat there to discuss the Sokovia Accords amongst themselves after Thaddeus Ross visited, which was very controversial. When Hawkeye broke into the facility, he came into the lounge, where Wanda Maximoff was standing, to rescue her. He briefly fought Vision, who was defeated when Maximoff stepped in and pushed him through the floor. After the Clash of the Avengers, Vision sat in the lounge, sitting in front of the chess board.
- Kitchen: Joined to the lounge area, used for cooking and food preparation, equipped with an oven, refrigerator and stove, stocked with food and utensils, and a spot for the Avengers to eat. When Vision wanted to lift Wanda Maximoff's spirits, he tried to make her Paprikash. She joined him, and when she noted how the meal did not come out right, she went to leave, but Vision stopped her. When the facility was remodelled, the kitchen was joined with the common room.
- Foyer: The main entrance hall to the facility on the ground level. When Tony Stark decided to make Peter Parker an Avenger, he brought him to the facility, where he walked with him through the foyer, up to where he had a new armor ready to present to Parker. However, Parker declined the offer and exited the facility through the foyer as Stark, Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts wondered what they would announce to the press.
- Steve Rogers' Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility.
- Natasha Romanoff's Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility.
- James Rhodes' Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility.
- Wanda Maximoff's Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility. Wanda Maximoff styled her own room to have a modern aesthetic according to her interests, including several spiritual items, candles, a guitar, a tv and a few artworks. Shortly after becoming an Avenger, Maximoff was visited by Vision in her room, who phased through the wall. After the Attack on the IFID Headquarters, Maximoff sat in her room, watching the news talk about her when Steve Rogers came in and comforted her, they were joined by Vision, who phased through the wall.
- Sam Wilson's Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility.
- Vision's Room: Each active Avenger was designated their own private quarters while living at the facility. Not requiring any material possession like the other Avengers, Vision's room is practically empty, with only two chairs, a small table and an artwork. When Vision "sleeps", he simply hovers in the corner of his room. When an explosion went off outside the facility, Vision phased upstairs to Wanda Maximoff and went to check on what caused it.
- Steve Rogers' Office: A room Steve Rogers used as his office within the facility, where he stored his shield, as well as a few memorabilia from the 1940s. He sat in his office, watching the news after the Attack on the IFID Headquarters that resulted in the deaths dozens of innocent civilians. After the Avengers Civil War, Tony Stark arrived at the facility and sat in his office, where he read a letter from Rogers, who gave him a phone to call him with.
- Bathroom: A shared room for personal hygiene activities containing the essential appliances, including three basins accompanied with mirrors, and a paper towel dispenser. After the Snap, the Avengers returned to the facility, where after days of experiencing the failures, Steve Rogers decided to shave off his beard. While in the bathroom, he noticed the mirror start to shake, due to Danvers returning after finding Tony Stark in space.
- Gym: A section next to the outdoor area that houses exercise equipment for the purpose of physical exercise for the Avengers. The gym used to be below the lounge, and when Clint Barton broke into the facility to rescue Wanda Maximoff, she pushed Vision through the floors, including the gym. While leading the Avengers in 2023, Natasha Romanoff worked out in the gym.
- Shooting Range: Looking out to the lake next to the facility, a specialized room designed for firearms qualifications, training or practice. While leading the Avengers in 2023, Natasha Romanoff practiced her shooting in this room.
- Natatorium: The facility contains a lap pool.
- Screening Room: A room with a cinema style screen in which films are shown.
- Rehabilitation Room: A room on the ground level that caters for any Avenger who get injured, including several equipment to help the process of rehabilitation, including an exercise ball, neoprene hand weights, an exercise bike, and medicine balls. When James Rhodes' legs became paralyzed, Tony Stark provided him with leg braces to help him walk. Stark helped Rhodes when he wore the braces, using the walking rails. The two were interrupted when a FedEx Driver arrived to give Stark a package.
- Hangar: An extensive floor area, used for housing Quinjets and other vehicles. In 2015, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff assembled a new team of Avengers, meeting them in the hangar. In 2023, having been remodeled prior, Rogers, Romanoff, Bruce Banner, and Scott Lang began to test Time Travel using the Quantum Tunnel in Luis' Van; however, it was not a complete success. When they assembled the whole team, they began to work on a Quantum machine to achieve time travel through the Quantum Realm with the help of Tony Stark and Rocket Raccoon. They all then suited up and made their way through the hangar onto the platform, where they commenced the Time Heist. When they returned, they successfully brought back the Infinity Stones, but Romanoff had sacrificed her life. While the Avengers were restoring the victims of the Snap, Nebula from alternate 2014 activated the machine and alternate Thanos and his army traveled to the present in their warship, destroying the hangar.
- Storage: When the facility was renovated for the base of operations for the Avengers, all the Stark Industries equipment, were locked up into a storage unit. When Scott Lang was tasked with retrieving the Signal Decoy, he fought Sam Wilson, unaware that it was the base of the Avengers. Lang made his way to the storage unit during the fight and successfully stole the device. He then sabotaged Falcon's suit, they crashed through the entrance and he made his escape.
- Access Tunnels: An underground passageway beneath the facility. When the facility was attacked, Barton fell into the tunnels where he encountered a group of Outriders who chased after him to retrieve the Nano Gauntlet. Barton blew up a part of the tunnels and then scaled upwards where he came across the 2014 alternate Nebula who was killed by Nebula.
|Appearances for New Avengers Facility|
In chronological order:
Behind the Scenes
- Scenes set at the New Avengers Facility were filmed at: