|For other uses, see Ms. Marvel (disambiguation)|
Ms. Marvel is an upcoming American web television series, based on the Marvel Comics superheroine of the same name. It is the nineteenth television series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the twelfth installment of Phase Four. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
Marvel Studios’ Ms. Marvel is a new, original series that introduces Kamala Khan, a Muslim American teenager growing up in Jersey City. An avid gamer and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, Kamala is a Super Hero mega fan with an oversized imagination—particularly when it comes to Captain Marvel. Yet Kamala feels like she doesn’t fit in at school and sometimes even at home—that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life gets better with super powers, right?
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Matt Lintz as Bruno Carrelli
- Yasmeen Fletcher as Nakia Bahadir
- Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
- Mohan Kapoor as Yusuf Khan
- Saagar Shaikh as Aamir Khan
- Rish Shah as Kamran
- Fawad Khan as Hasan
- Laurel Marsden as Zoe Zimmer
- Arian Moayed as Agent P. Cleary
- Adaku Ononogbo as Fariha
- Alysia Reiner as Agent Sadie Deever
- Azhar Usman as a to-be-confirmed character
- Laith Nakli as Sheikh Abdullah
- Nimra Bucha as Najma
- Travina Springer as Tyesha Hillman
- Aramis Knight as Kareem/Red Dagger
- Jordan Firstman as Wilson
- Mehwish Hayat as Aisha
- Alyy Khan as a to-be-confirmed character
- Anjali Bhimani as a to-be-confirmed character
On May 12, 2018, in an interview with the BBC, Kevin Feige revealed that there were plans to introduce Ms. Marvel into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, saying "Captain Marvel's filming right now with Brie Larson, Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we introduce Captain Marvel". Following that interview, Riz Ahmed and Mindy Kaling declared that they were interested in writing a Ms. Marvel film with Kumail Nanjiani.
In June 2019, Mindy Kaling revealed that she had discussed a Ms. Marvel project with Marvel Studios, explaining that they "really seemed interested" in her. She added that they would "probably do something" with the character, especially as they now had the streaming platform Disney+.
On August 23, 2019, at D23 Expo 2019, Kevin Feige announced that Marvel Studios was developing a limited television series centered on Ms. Marvel for Disney+. That same day, it was reported that Bisha K. Ali was set to write the series and act as the showrunner.
In December 2019, Kevin Feige revealed that the series was expected to wrap production in late 2020.
On December 29, 2019, it was reported that Marvel Studios' casting search for Kamala Khan was nearly complete.
On February 3, 2020, it was reported that the production of the series had been pushed back to August and it was only expected to last about four months.
On July 22, 2020, it was reported that the series was scheduled to start production in November 2020 and wrap in March 2021 in Atlanta. It was also reported that Kamala Khan would debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before the series premiered.
On November 10, 2020, it was reported that the series had started production.
On December 10, 2020, during Disney's 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that the series would premiere in late 2021.
On May 5, 2021, it was reported that the series had wrapped production.
On May 11, 2021, Variety confirmed that the series had wrapped production and reported that the series' first season would consist of six episodes.
On August 2, 2021, TVLine reported that the series would premiere in early 2022 instead of late 2021.
On November 10, 2021, it was announced that the series would premiere in the summer of 2022.
On March 15, 2022, it was announced that the series would premiere on June 8. That same day, it was revealed that Adaku Ononogbo had joined the cast of the series and that she would portray Fariha.
On May 3, 2022, it was announced that because Disney+ had not yet launched in Pakistan, the series would be released theatrically in that country in three parts that would consist of two episodes each and be released on June 16, June 30, and July 14, respectively.
- ‘The Marvels’ Composer Laura Karpman Scores ‘Ms. Marvel’ on Disney+ (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Ms. Marvel': First Trailer Introduces Kamala Khan
- 'Ms. Marvel' Series in the Works for Disney+ (Exclusive)
- ‘WandaVision’: Elizabeth Olsen Character Will Head To ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Pic; No Season 2 Planned Yet
- Ms. Marvel News on Twitter - February 20, 2022
- “Trying To Understand My Character’s Journey Was Difficult”: Interview With Alyy Khan, Star Of MOGUL MOWGLI & THE SERPENT
- Anjali Bhimani Boards ‘Ms. Marvel’ In A Recurring Role
- Quesada on Marvel's Diverse Audience, Ms. Marvel's Future in TV & Film
- Feige: MCU Has 'Plans' to Introduce Ms. Marvel After Captain Marvel
- Riz Ahmed, Mindy Kaling are jonesing to write a Ms. Marvel movie
- Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson wants THIS character in Captain Marvel 2
- Mindy Kaling says Marvel's 'interested' in developing Pakistani-American superhero, Ms. Marvel
- D23: New Marvel Studios Shows on Disney+ Announced
- Discussing Film on Twitter - October 16, 2019
- Ms Marvel Now Casting For Kamala Khan’s Family (EXCLUSIVE)
- Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel Shows Will Wrap Production By End of 2020
- Exclusive: Marvel’s Search For Kamala Kahn is Nearly Complete
- MS MARVEL NEW SHOOTING START AND LARGER PRESENCE FOR KAMALA KHAN IN THE MCU: EXCLUSIVE
- Ms. Marvel Production Update
- Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah Set to Direct Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show (Exclusive)
- 'Ms. Marvel' Finds Directors in Pakistani Oscar Winner, 'Bad Boys For Life' Filmmakers (Exclusive)
- Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus
- Charles Murphy on Twitter - November 10, 2020
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ Introduces Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan
- Exclusive! Farhan Akhtar shoots for an International project of Marvel Studios; deets inside
- Samina Ahmed set to make her Hollywood debut
- Ms. Marvel News on Twitter - May 5, 2021
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series Completes Production in Thailand Despite Virus Resurgence (EXCLUSIVE)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Riverdale, #OneChicago, SEAL Team, Titans, Stargirl, Lucifer, Good Trouble and More!
- Jenna Anderson on Twitter - November 10, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat joins Fawad Khan, Nimra Bucha in 'Ms Marvel'
- International Artists Management on Twitter - March 15, 2022
- Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy on Instagram - May 3, 2022