|For other uses, see Ms. Marvel (disambiguation)|
Ms. Marvel is an upcoming American web television series, based on the Marvel Comics superheroine of the same name. The series is a prequel to Captain Marvel 2. It is the fifth television series of Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and will be released on Disney+.
The Marvel Studios original series centers on fan-favorite Kamala Khan — a 16-year-old Pakistani-American growing up in Jersey City. A great student, avid gamer, and voracious fan-fic scribe, Kamala has a special affinity for Super Heroes, particularly Captain Marvel. However, Kamala struggles to fit in at home and at school — that is, until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Life is easier with super powers, right?
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Aramis Knight as Kareem/Red Dagger
- Saagar Shaikh as Amir Khan
- Rish Shah as Kamran
- Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
- Mohan Kapoor as Yusuf Khan
- Matt Lintz as Bruno Carrelli
- Yasmeen Fletcher as Nakia Bahadir
- Laith Nakli as Sheikh Abdullah
- Azhar Usman as a to-be-confirmed character
- Travina Springer as Tyesha Hillman
- Nimra Bucha as a to-be-confirmed character
To be added
On May 12, 2018, Kevin Feige revealed in an interview with the BBC that an adaptation of Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel was in development, saying "Captain Marvel's filming right now with Brie Larson, Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we introduce Captain Marvel." Following that interview, Riz Ahmed and Mindy Kaling declared that they were interested in writing a Ms. Marvel film with Kumail Nanjiani.
In June 2019, Mindy Kaling revealed that she had discussed a Ms. Marvel project with Marvel Studios, explaining that they "really seemed interested" in her. She added that they would "probably do something" with the character, especially as they have now the streaming platform Disney+.
On August 23, 2019, at D23 Expo 2019, Kevin Feige announced that Marvel Studios was developing a live-action series about Ms. Marvel for Disney+. That same day, it was reported that Bisha K. Ali is set to write the series and act as the showrunner.
In December 2019, Kevin Feige revealed that the series is expected to wrap production in late 2020.
On December 29, 2019, it was reported that Marvel Studios' casting search for Kamala Khan was nearly complete.
On February 3, 2020, it was reported that the production of the series has been pushed back to August and it is only expected to last about four months.
On July 22, 2020, it was reported that the series is scheduled to film from November 2020 through March 2021 in Atlanta. It was also reported that Kamala Khan will debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before the series premieres.
On November 10, 2020, it was reported that the series had started filming.
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that the series would premiere in late 2021.
- 'Ms. Marvel' Series in the Works for Disney+ (Exclusive)
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ Introduces Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan
- Additional 'MS. MARVEL' Casting Revealed!
- Matt Lintz has been cast as Bruno Carrelli in Ms. Marvel
- Ms. Marvel News on Twitter - November 20, 2020
- 'MS. MARVEL 'Casting for Two More Supporting Characters Ahead of November Start
- Quesada on Marvel's Diverse Audience, Ms. Marvel's Future in TV & Film
- Feige: MCU Has 'Plans' to Introduce Ms. Marvel After Captain Marvel
- Riz Ahmed, Mindy Kaling are jonesing to write a Ms. Marvel movie
- Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson wants THIS character in Captain Marvel 2
- Mindy Kaling says Marvel's 'interested' in developing Pakistani-American superhero, Ms. Marvel
- D23: New Marvel Studios Shows on Disney+ Announced
- Discussing Film on Twitter - October 16, 2019
- Ms Marvel Now Casting For Kamala Khan’s Family (EXCLUSIVE)
- Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel Shows Will Wrap Production By End of 2020
- Exclusive: Marvel’s Search For Kamala Kahn is Nearly Complete
- MS MARVEL NEW SHOOTING START AND LARGER PRESENCE FOR KAMALA KHAN IN THE MCU: EXCLUSIVE
- Ms. Marvel Production Update
- Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah Set to Direct Ms. Marvel Disney+ Show (Exclusive)
- 'Ms. Marvel' Finds Directors in Pakistani Oscar Winner, 'Bad Boys For Life' Filmmakers (Exclusive)
- Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus
- Charles Murphy on Twitter - November 10, 2020