Monica Rambeau is the daughter of Maria Rambeau. She befriended Carol Danvers, a friend of her mother, and refused to believe the reports that Danvers had died in a mysterious plane crash. Monica was amazed and happy when Danvers returned six years later with considerable abilities and convinced her own mother to join Danvers in a mission to help Talos to save the Skrulls. Before the mission, Monica helped Danvers to choose the colors of her outfit which she would later on use as Captain Marvel.
Losing Aunt Carol
Monica was very saddened when she learned that Danvers had disappeared in a mysterious plane crash. However, she refused to believe that Danvers had died and remained convinced for years that her friend had somehow survived the crash and would return soon. Monica preciously kept all the memorabilia of Danvers' life, including her leather jacket, although she was forbidden of wearing it after spilling ketchup on it.
Carol Danvers' Return
In 1995, while hanging out in a plane owned by Maria Rambeau, Monica saw a woman approaching and immediately identified her as Carol Danvers. Overjoyed to see that her friend had indeed survived the crash, Monica rushed to Danvers, only to figure out that Danvers did not recognize her. Monica was even more surprised when Danvers told her and Maria her story involving extraterrestrials shapeshifters, but she was amazed when Danvers demonstrated her powers by boiling water by mere contact with a kettle.
Meeting the Skrulls
In an attempt to bring back Carol Danvers' memories, Monica, helped by Nick Fury, went in her bedroom to pick up all the objects connected to Danvers she had kept. She then detailed several of them to Danvers, hoping that something would match in Danvers' mind. Having forgotten the leather jacket, she briefly left to get it, and on her way back was approached by her mother. Monica then returned into the house, only to find her mother already here with Talos, as Monica had actually encountered Norex, disguised as her mother.
Monica was ordered by her mother to wait outside when Danvers, Maria, Fury and Talos listened to the black box recordings of Danvers' plane crash. Later, as Danvers planned on getting into space and asked Maria to be her copilot, Monica insisted that her mother should go, arguing that working with dangerous technology was what Maria used to do. Monica jokingly concluded on the example Maria would give to her daughter, which convinced Maria to join in the mission, much to Danvers' delight.
As they prepared for the mission, during which Monica would remain with her grandparents, Monica was approached by Danvers, who praised her determination and asked her to choose the new colors of her Starforce Uniform. In the end, the colors were based on the United States Air Force T-shirt Monica was wearing, giving the uniform the red, blue and yellow colors Danvers would later permanently use.
Captain Marvel's Farewell
Upon Danvers' departure, Monica shared a loving farewell hug with her friend before watching her taking off in complete amazement.
- Rambeau Residence: Rambeau lived in this house with her mother, where they kept a plane Rambeau enjoyed spending time in.
- Maria Rambeau - Mother
- Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel - Friend and Godmother
- Tom - Neighbor
- Nick Fury
- In the comics, Monica Rambeau is a lieutenant in the New Orleans Harbor Patrol who gained superpowers after being bombarded by extradimensional energy and took on the title of Captain Marvel before changing her name to Photon and eventually Spectrum.
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Monica shares some similarities to the character Katherine "Kit" Renner, a young girl who was a big fan of Carol Danvers. She affectionately referred to her as Lieutenant Trouble due to her tendency to get into trouble.
Behind the Scenes
- Nadia Lorencz, Janeshia Adams-Ginyard and Jwaundace Candece were stunt doubles for Teyonah Parris in the role of Monica Rambeau.