- "You knew all along. Is that why we never hung out?"
"No, I just never liked you."
- ―Captain Marvel and Minn-Erva
Minn-Erva was a Kree sniper and a member of Starforce. Under the orders of the Supreme Intelligence and Ronan the Accuser, Minn-Erva and other members of the Starforce were sent on a mission to rescue the Kree Soh-Larr from Skrull captivity. However, the mission was sabotaged by the Skrulls. Minn-Erva and the Starforce eventually located and captured the defected Kree warrior Captain Marvel and her friends. As Minn-Erva and the Kree prepared to kill Nick Fury, Goose, Maria Rambeau, and the remaining Skrull refugees, Captain Marvel freed herself, defeating Minn-Erva and the Starforce in combat, allowing enough time for Rambeau to pilot her ship. Minn-Erva finally attempted to eliminate Captain Marvel's new allies, only for Rambeau to shoot and destroy her ship, killing her in the process.
Abducting Carol Danvers
In 1989, Minn-Erva was sent along with Yon-Rogg by the Kree Empire to retrieve the Light-Speed Engine created by Mar-Vell after the latter betrayed her race. They intercepted her and Carol Danvers during a flight and shot them out of the sky. After the plane crash-landed, Yon-Rogg shot and killed Mar-Vell.
Danvers then shot the energy core of the engine, causing it to explode and infuse her with energy. After the explosion, Minn-Erva informed Yon-Rogg that the core was completely destroyed and that Danvers was still alive. She asked for permission to kill her, but he declined. Instead, he suggested taking her back to the Kree and turning her into a weapon.
- "Locals on the periphery. Maybe a dozen."
"Do you read me? Does anybody copy?"
- ―Minn-Erva and Yon-Rogg
In 1995, during the final stages of the Kree-Skrull War, Minn-Erva and the rest of her Starforce teammates were send to Torfa in a mission to rescue the Kree spy Soh-Larr from Skrull forces led by General Talos. Once on Torfa, Minn-Erva took her position and prepared to shoot down what seemed to be Skrull soldiers. However, Att-Lass asked her not to attack them, as they were just natives. However, Minn-Erva came to the conclusion that "Att-Lass" was actually a Skrull impostor as well as the natives. She mercilessly killed the impostor, and the team took care of the rest before Carol got captured.
Chase for the Tesseract
After Carol Danvers and her friends make it to Kree starship to free Talos' family and the other Skrulls after realizing that they were fighting for the wrong side, Minn-Erva and the rest of the Starforce, led by Yon-Rogg, arrived and captured all of them.
However, Danvers was finally able to overpower the Supreme Intelligence and remove her Photon Inhibitor, unlocking her true powers. Immediately after, she started to fight against her former teammates. When Minn-Erva was disarmed of her Kree Sniper Rifle, she quickly seized the nearest pistol and took the opportunity to tell Danvers that they never hung out as she never liked her before finding out her weapon was a harmless NERF gun, allowing Danvers to blast her.
Mojave Desert Air Chase
With her remaining teammates either injured or unconscious, Minn-Erva was ordered by Yon-Rogg to shoot down the Quadjet bringing the Skrulls away along with Carol Danvers' friends. Taking a Kree spacecraft, Minn-Erva descended to the Mojave Desert and once there tried to shoot down the Quadjet, lightly damaging it. However, Maria Rambeau outsmarted and outmaneuvered Minn-Erva, causing her to lose sight of them. The Quadjet emerged, and Maria shot her spacecraft down, killing Minn-Erva in the process as her spacecraft's remains plummeted to the desert below.
Minn-Erva was a Kree sniper, willing to take down anyone who opposed them, and showing a liking for killing when she asked his superior Yon-Rogg if he could let her shoot an unconscious Carol Danvers. For instance, Minn-Erva mercilessly eliminated Att-Lass's Skrull imposter, who was unarmed, without any hesitation. Having been the "star soldier" of Starforce before Danvers became part of the team, she felt slightly threatened as the newcomer was very talented, perhaps more than her. As such, Minn-Erva held a strong animosity towards Danvers, the reason for which they never hung out together. When Starforce went to rescue Danvers from Earth before she went rogue, Minn-Erva expressed discomfort and was even delighted when the Supreme Intelligence taunted Danvers for her failure.
Powers and Abilities
- Kree Physiology: As a Kree, Minn-Erva possessed all of the various superhuman attributes common among her people, such as superhuman strength, durability, agility, and an efficient healing factor.
- Superhuman Strength: Minn-Erva possesses the typical superhuman strength among the Kree.
- Superhuman Durability: Minn-Erva's body is much more resistant to physical damage than the body of a human.
- Superhuman Agility: Minn-Erva has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a human.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: As with all Kree, Minn-Erva possesses a healing factor which allows her to recover from injuries in a much shorter timespan than humans.
- Expert Marksman: Minn-Erva is an expert marksman, working as a sniper for the Starforce.
- Expert Pilot: Minn-Erva is an extremely skilled pilot. She managed to pilot a Kree pod and stay in a chase with Maria Rambeau, before being shot down and apparently killed.
- Kree Sniper Rifle: To be added
- Starforce Uniform: Minn-Erva possesses a uniform of Kree origin to use on her Starforce missions. The uniform had a built in the universal translator that allows its wearer to understand the language of anyone they interact with and be able to speak their language back to them. The uniform also contains a device capable of analyzing and identifying any object placed within it on the uniform's sleeve. The uniform's color scheme can also be customized to suit the user's preference's via a device located on the uniform's sleeve, though Minn-Erva herself never had any reason to do this.
- Helmet: The Starforce Uniform also includes a collapsible helmet that can fit around the wearer's head. The helmet can generate its own atmosphere and allows the wearer to breathe in the vacuum of space, as well as underwater, where it will give off a blue glow to provide light.
- Ammunition Sash: To be added
- In the comics, Minn-Erva, also called Doctor Minerva, came to Earth seeking for Mar-Vell, hoping to mate with him and use his altered genes to help progress the Kree genetic code.
Behind the Scenes
- Gemma Chan noted Minn-Erva was "the star of Starforce" before Carol Danvers joined the team and is "slightly threatened by someone else who has come in and is also very talented."
- Michelle Lee was a stunt double for Gemma Chan in the role of Minn-Erva.