- "You knew all along. Is that why we never hung out?"
"No, I just never liked you."
- ―Captain Marvel and Minn-Erva
Minn-Erva was a Kree tactical sniper and a member of Starforce. Under the orders of the Supreme Intelligence and Ronan the Accuser, Minn-Erva and other members of the Starforce were sent on a mission to rescue the Kree Soh-Larr from Skrull captivity. However, the mission was sabotaged by the Skrulls. Minn-Erva and the Starforce eventually located and captured the defected Kree warrior Captain Marvel. As Minn-Erva and the Kree prepared to kill the remaining Skrull refugees, Captain Marvel freed herself from the Supreme Intelligence, defeating Minn-Erva and the Starforce in combat. Minn-Erva attempted to personally eliminate Captain Marvel's new allies, only to be killed after Maria Rambeau shot down her ship.
Abducting Carol Danvers
In 1989, Minn-Erva was sent along with Yon-Rogg by the Kree Empire to retrieve the Light-Speed Engine created by Mar-Vell after the latter betrayed her race. They intercepted her and Carol Danvers during a flight and shot them out of the sky. After the plane crash-landed, Yon-Rogg shot and killed Mar-Vell. Minn-Erva continued to keep aim at Danvers, willing to eliminate her if she compromised the mission.
Danvers then shot the energy core of the engine, causing it to explode and infuse her with energy. After the explosion, Minn-Erva informed Yon-Rogg that the core was completely destroyed and that Danvers was still alive. She asked for permission to kill her, but he declined. Instead, he suggested taking her back to the Kree and turning her into a weapon.
- "Locals on the periphery. Maybe a dozen."
- ―Minn-Erva to Yon-Rogg
In 1995, during the final stages of the Kree-Skrull War, Minn-Erva and the rest of her Starforce teammates were send to Torfa in a mission to rescue the Kree spy Soh-Larr from Skrull forces led by General Talos. While they waited for Yon-Rogg to brief them, Minn-Erva overheard Korath sharing a personal story with the Starforce about a disturbing encounter with a Skrull who impersonated him. When he arrived, Yon-Rogg briefed Starforce on their mission, and they made their way to Torfa, along with Ronan and his Accusers.
Once on Torfa, Minn-Erva and Att-Lass took their positions as snipers, preparing to shoot down what seemed to be Skrull soldiers. As Yon-Rogg, Vers, Korath, and Bron-Char attempted to attack the Skrull village, Minn-Erva's contact with Yon-Rogg slowly waned. As the four Starforce operatives encountered the armed Skrulls, Minn-Erva shot the attacking Skrulls from the cliff.
"Att-Lass" asked her not to attack them, as they were just natives. However, Minn-Erva came to the conclusion that he wasn't Att-Lass, but was actually a Skrull imposter as well as the natives. As the imposter attacked her, she fought him and ended up mercilessly killing the imposter, and the team took care of the rest before Vers was captured. With Vers having been captured by the Skrulls, the Starforce's mission was compromised.
Chase for the Tesseract
Contacted by Vers
Some time later, Minn-Erva and the Starforce were contacted by Vers, who escaped from the Skrull captivity and arrived on Earth. Using a modified payphone, Vers communicated with Yon-Rogg and the Starforce, elaborating on her suspicions about the Skrulls' true mission and mentioning Wendy Lawson's name. However, their contact abruptly ended. While Yon-Rogg decided to track down Vers's location, Bron-Char asked Minn-Erva if she had traveled to Earth before, to which she replied that she had and she did not think much of the planet.
After Carol Danvers and her friends made it to Mar-Vell's Laboratory to free Talos' family and the other Skrulls after realizing that they were fighting for the wrong side, Minn-Erva and the rest of the Starforce, led by Yon-Rogg, arrived and captured all of them. While Danvers was restrained and confronted by the Supreme Intelligence, Minn-Erva ordered the deaths of Nick Fury, Maria Rambeau, and Goose.
However, Danvers was finally able to overpower the Supreme Intelligence and remove her Photon Inhibitor, unlocking her true powers. Immediately after, she started to fight against her former teammates. When Minn-Erva was disarmed of her Kree Sniper Rifle, she quickly seized the nearest pistol and took the opportunity to tell Danvers that they never hung out as she never liked her before finding out her weapon was a harmless NERF gun, allowing Danvers to blast her.
Mojave Desert Air Chase
- "Minn-Erva, take them down in a dropship."
- ―Yon-Rogg and Minn-Erva
With her remaining teammates either injured or unconscious, Minn-Erva was ordered by Yon-Rogg to shoot down the Quadjet bringing the Skrulls away along with Carol Danvers' friends. Taking a Kree space pod, Minn-Erva descended to the Mojave Desert and tried to shoot down the Quadjet, lightly damaging it.
However, Maria Rambeau outsmarted and outmaneuvered Minn-Erva, causing her to lose sight of them. The Quadjet emerged, and Maria shot her spacecraft down with the Quadjet's dual miniguns, killing Minn-Erva in the process as her spacecraft's remains plummeted to the desert below.
Minn-Erva was a Kree sniper, willing to take down anyone who opposed them, and showing a liking for killing when she asked his superior Yon-Rogg if he could let her shoot an unconscious Carol Danvers. For instance, Minn-Erva mercilessly eliminated Att-Lass's Skrull imposter, who was unarmed, without any hesitation. Having been the "star soldier" of Starforce before Danvers became part of the team, she felt slightly threatened as the newcomer was very talented, perhaps even more than her. As such, Minn-Erva held a strong animosity towards Danvers, the reason for which they never hung out together.
Powers and Abilities
- Kree Physiology: As a Kree, Minn-Erva possessed all of the various superhuman attributes common among her people, such as superhuman strength, durability, agility, and an efficient healing factor.
- Superhuman Strength: Minn-Erva possessed the typical superhuman strength among the Kree.
- Superhuman Durability: Minn-Erva's body was much more resistant to physical damage than the body of a human.
- Enhanced Agility: Minn-Erva had greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a human.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: As with all Kree, Minn-Erva possessed a healing factor which allows her to recover from injuries in a much shorter timespan than humans.
- Expert Marksman: Minn-Erva was an expert marksman, working as a sniper for the Starforce. She was capable of killing multiple targets with a single blast, the bolt appearing to track from target to target.
- Expert Pilot: Minn-Erva was an extremely skilled pilot. She managed to pilot a Kree pod and stay in a chase with Maria Rambeau, before being shot down and killed.
- Kree Sniper Rifle: As the Starforce's sniper with expert marksmanship, her main weapon of choice was a special Kree sniper rifle. She wielded it when accompanying Yon-Rogg in their chase of the Light-Speed Engine, but didn't get to use it. She later used it on Torfa to kill multiple Skrulls, aided by the rifle's chain-shot ability. She tried to use it in her battle with Carol Danvers, but Danvers disarmed her before she could.
- Starforce Uniform: Minn-Erva possessed a uniform of Kree origin to use on her Starforce missions. The uniform has a built in the universal translator that allows its wearer to understand the language of anyone they interact with and be able to speak their language back to them. The uniform also contains a device capable of analyzing and identifying any object placed within it on the uniform's sleeve. The uniform's color scheme can also be customized to suit the user's preferences via a device located on the uniform's sleeve, though Minn-Erva herself never had any reason to do this. The Starforce Uniform also includes a collapsible helmet that can fit around the wearer's head. The helmet can generate its own atmosphere and allows the wearer to breathe in the vacuum of space, as well as underwater, where it will give off a blue glow to provide light.
- Helion: During missions with the Starforce, Minn-Erva was transported on this ship with her teammates.
- Kree Space Pods: Minn-Erva took a space pod from Mar-Vell's laboratory to take down a Quadjet carrying Carol Danvers' allies, but the Quadjet piloted by Maria Rambeau shot down her pod, killing her.
- Mar-Vell's Laboratory: Minn-Erva and the other remaining Starforce members arrived and captured Danvers and her allies in Mar-Vell's laboratory in Earth's orbit. When Danvers unlocked her true powers and attacked the Starforce, she fought alongside her teammates but was easily defeated by Danvers.
- In the comics, Minn-Erva, also called Doctor Minerva, came to Earth seeking Mar-Vell, hoping to mate with him and use his altered genes to help progress the Kree genetic code.
Behind the Scenes
- Gemma Chan noted Minn-Erva was "the star of Starforce" before Carol Danvers joined the team and is "slightly threatened by someone else who has come in and is also very talented."
- Michelle Lee was a stunt double for Gemma Chan in the role of Minn-Erva.
- Jaclyn Medallo was a stand-in for Gemma Chan in the role of Minn-Erva.