The Milano was an M-class spaceship belonging to Peter Quill, which he used during his escapades as the space outlaw Star-Lord. It later became the main spacecraft used by the Guardians of the Galaxy, until it was severely damaged by a quantum asteroid field, and crashed on Berhert unrepaired. It is succeeded by the Benatar.
Star-Lord's Ravager Career
- "I've been flying this rig since I was ten years old."
Star-Lord decided to obtain the Orb for himself so as to get rid from Yondu Udonta's Ravagers, so Quill arrived at Morag on the Milano. He eventually was attacked by Korath the Pursuer who tried to kill him as he was looking for the Orb, too. Quill used the Milano to escape and went ahead to Xandar, where he planned to sell the mysterious artifact.
- "Yeah! There it is. Get my ship. It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner."
When Quill obtained the Orb, the Milano transported Quill to Xandar to sell it. After his arrest, the Milano was impounded by the Nova Corps to the Kyln. The Guardians of the Galaxy later used it to escape.
The Guardians used the Milano to travel to Knowhere. When Drax the Destroyer called Ronan the Accuser to Knowhere, and Quill and Gamora were abducted by the Ravagers, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Drax used the Milano in an attempt to free their partners.
The Milano was used to transport the Guardians to the planet Sovereign to fight the Abilisk. The Guardians used it again to transport Nebula to Xandar to collect the bounty on her head. It was engaged in a massive space battle with the Sovereign's Omnicrafts, where the ship was badly damaged, causing it to "jump" to the planet Berhert where it crashed.
Rocket Raccoon and Groot stayed behind to repair the Milano when the rest of the Guardians traveled to Ego's Planet with Ego and Mantis. Rocket was never able to finish the repairs with the Milano, however, when he was attacked by the Ravagers who took the duo away on the Eclector. Sometime later, the Guardians of the Galaxy eventually claim a new M-ship called Benatar after the Milano was left behind on Berhert unrepaired.
- In the original comics, Star-Lord's ship was a sentient star called Aurora, who was turned into a sentient spaceship by the Master of the Sun.
- The Milano is named after Peter Quill's childhood crush Alyssa Milano.
- The Milano shares the same colors come from Ego's 1979 Ford Mustang that he drove while on Earth.
- Despite there being six members living on the ship, there are only two known sleeping bunks on board.