Miek is a Sakaaran insectoid warrior who had been forced to fight in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions with his own robotic exoskeleton. Having been freed from the Grandmaster's prison, Miek fought alongside Thor and Korg and joined the Asgardian people in their journey to Earth after the Destruction of Asgard.
After the Snap, Miek was one of the survivors, making his home in New Asgard with Korg and the rest of the surviving Asgardians, keeping Thor company as he descended into becoming a drunken hermit due to grief and guilt. During the Battle of Earth, Miek joined the battle, before heading back to New Asgard under Valkyrie's new rule.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 References
- 9 External Links
Miek was outfitted with a robotic exoskeleton and was placed in the Contest of Champions where he met Korg, who he became friends with. When Thor was thrown into the Contest of Champions, Miek greeted his with Korg, showing off his exoskeleton's blades proudly. When Loki visited Thor in the gladiator's quarters, Miek joined Korg in trying to get rid of Loki, believing he was a ghost. Miek witnessed Thor's duel with the Hulk, joining in with the chant supporting Thor.
While Miek was casually waiting for the next fights with Korg, Valkyrie stormed the gladiators' quarters and provided Korg with a weapon, initiating the Sakaaran Rebellion. Miek fought alongside him fellow gladiators against the Sakaaran Guards and they ultimately reached the Grandmaster's garage. After accepting Loki as their leader, Miek and the other rebels seized the Statesman and flew it to Asgard.
The Statesman ultimately arrived near Asgard's Rainbow Bridge. Miek got off the spaceship with his fellow rebels and began attacking Hela's Berserkers so that the Asgardians could escape the Goddess of Death's tyrannical rule. Miek successfully defeated several Berserkers, but was accidentally stomped by Korg, which knocked his unconscious. Believing his to be dead, Korg was not ready to accept the loss of his friend and took his body on the Statesman while the ship escaped the planet.
Joining the Asgardians
Following the battle, Korg kept carrying Miek's body with him as they had made their escape. When Thor decided to lead Asgardians to a new home, he asked Miek where he was from. Although Korg told Thor that Miek was dead, the Sakaaran regained consciousness, much to Korg's delight.
On the journey to Earth, the Statesman was ambushed by Thanos and the Black Order. Miek was one of the many survivors, helping lead the remaining Asgardians to safety on escape pods alongside Korg and Valkyrie.
Life on Earth
Miek, alongside Korg, Valkyrie, and the other Asgardian survivors, relocated to Tønsberg, Norway on Earth and lived in New Asgard. For the next five years, Miek developed a sloth-like existence, devouring pizza, watching Korg play video games and Thor drink himself to insensibility. In 2023, Miek witnessed when Rocket Raccoon and Bruce Banner arrived to persuade Thor to come with them.
Later, Miek, along with Korg, Valkyrie, and the restored Asgardians were transported by the Masters of the Mystic Arts via a portal to the ruins of the New Avengers Facility to join the battle against an alternate Thanos and his army. Miek engaged in battle with a new combat exoskeleton, complete with blades, and fought alongside Korg.
Miek is very eager and skilled with his blades, and he is willing to demonstrate his talents whenever possible. Miek also seems to be mute since he does not speak throughout his encounters with Thor. He has formed a close friendship with his fellow gladiator Korg, as the two are inseparable, even when Korg thought he had accidentally killed Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Sakaaran Physiology: Miek is an insectoid Sakaaran, who has greater durability than a human. However, Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs.
- Superhuman Durability: Miek, even without his exoskeleton, is incredibly resilient to physical injury, as he was able to withstand unintentionally being stomped on by the very heavy Korg.
- Exoskeleton Enhancement: Miek was provided with an artificial exoskeleton that gives him a greater boost of strength and agility in combat.
- Enhanced Strength: Miek has enhanced strength, which allowed him to defeat multiple Berserkers, Outriders and Chitauri in battle.
- Enhanced Agility: With the aid of his exoskeleton, Miek has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being. He was able to quickly overcome the agile Berserkers, as well as several Outriders and Chitauri.
- Expert Combatant: Miek is a proficient combatant, for he survives many gladiatorial matches in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions and was able to defeat many Berserkers thanks to his blades. During the Battle of Earth, Miek once again demonstrated his combat abilities by defeating many Sakaarans, Outriders and Chitauri.
- Sword Mastery: Miek is incredibly skilled in wielding his blades in hand-to-hand combat.
- Exoskeleton: Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs, fitted with an artificial exoskeleton and armed with blades which enables him to move and attack very quickly.
- Statesman: Miek and the other members of the Sakaaran Rebellion used this ship to escape from Sakaar. They used the Statesman to head to Asgard and to save the Asgardians from Ragnarök. After Asgard was successfully evacuated, the ship was used to head to Earth. However, it was attacked on the way there by Thanos and the Black Order and destroyed. Miek was one of the few survivors who escaped in an escape pod.
- In the comics, Miek is an ally of Hulk in the Sakaar arena, who later tries to manipulate him into destroying Earth.
Behind the Scenes
- At one point, Kevin Feige and Taika Waititi talked about potentially doing a One-Shot short film featuring Korg and Miek.
- Miek was referred to as a male in Thor: Ragnarok. However, prior to the production of Thor: Love and Thunder, Taika Waititi revealed concept arts of Miek with a feminine looking exoskeleton and wearing a skirt.