- "This is my very good friend, Miek. He is an insect and has knives for hands."
Miek is a Sakaaran insectoid warrior who had been forced to fight in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions with her own robotic exoskeleton. Having been freed from the Grandmaster's prison, Miek fought alongside Thor and Korg and joined the Asgardian people in their journey to Earth after the Destruction of Asgard.
After the Snap, Miek was one of the survivors, making her home in New Asgard with Korg and the rest of the surviving Asgardians, keeping Thor company as he descended into becoming a drunken hermit due to grief and guilt. During the Battle of Earth, Miek joined the battle, before heading back to New Asgard under Valkyrie's new rule.
Miek was outfitted with a robotic exoskeleton and was placed in the Contest of Champions where she met Korg, who she became friends with. When Thor was thrown into the Contest of Champions, Miek greeted him with Korg, showing off her exoskeleton's blades proudly. When Loki visited Thor in the gladiator's quarters, Miek joined Korg in trying to get rid of Loki, believing he was a ghost. Miek witnessed Thor's duel with the Hulk, joining in with the chant supporting Thor.
- "Is that some sort of protoplasm, all the stuff that's coming out of you, or are they eggs? Looks like eggs."
- ―Korg to Miek
While Miek was casually waiting for the next fights with Korg, Valkyrie stormed the gladiators' quarters and provided Korg with a weapon, initiating the Sakaaran Rebellion. Miek fought alongside her fellow gladiators against the Sakaaran Guards and they ultimately reached the Grandmaster's garage. After accepting Loki as their leader, Miek and the other rebels seized the Statesman and flew it to Asgard.
The Statesman ultimately arrived near Asgard's Rainbow Bridge. Miek got off the spaceship with her fellow rebels and began attacking Hela's Berserkers so that the Asgardians could escape the Goddess of Death's tyrannical rule. Miek successfully defeated several Berserkers, but was accidentally stomped by Korg, which knocked her unconscious. Believing her to be dead, Korg was not ready to accept the loss of her friend and took her body on the Statesman while the ship escaped the planet.
Joining the Asgardians
- "Oh, Miek, you're alive! He's alive, guys."
Following the battle, Korg kept carrying Miek's body with him as they had made their escape. When Thor decided to lead Asgardians to a new home, he asked Miek where she was from. Although Korg told Thor that Miek was dead, the Sakaaran regained consciousness, much to Korg's delight. Miek stayed in the Statesman which was directed to Earth.
On the journey to Earth, the Asgardians were ambushed by the Titan warlord Thanos and the Black Order. During the ambush, half of the Asgardians on the ship were slaughtered, along with Heimdall and Loki. Miek was one of the many survivors from Thanos' attack, helping lead the remaining Asgardians to safety escape pods alongside Korg and Valkyrie, before the Mad Titan destroyed the ship and killed the remaining forces inside the Statesman.
Shortly after the attack, Thanos managed to complete the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped his fingers, causing half life in the universe to disintegrate into nothingness. Miek was among those who survived Thanos' snap, along with Korg and Valkyrie.
Life on Earth
After the Snap, Miek, alongside the survivors of the Statesman, relocated to Tønsberg, Norway on Earth. For the next five years, Miek developed a sloth-like existence, devouring pizza, watching Korg play video games and Thor drink himself to insensibility.
Miek, along with the other residents of New Asgard, were requested to aid the Avengers defeat Thanos and his army during the Battle of Earth in 2023. Miek engaged in battle with a new combat exoskeleton, complete with blades, and fought alongside Korg. Fortunately, she and Korg were both successful in surviving the battle.
Miek is very eager and skilled with her blades, and she is willing to demonstrate her talents whenever possible. Miek also seems to be mute since she does not speak throughout her encounters with Thor. She has formed a close friendship with her fellow gladiator Korg, as the two are inseparable, even when Korg thought he had accidentally killed Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Sakaaran Physiology: Miek is an insectoid Sakaaran, who has greater durability than a human. However, Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs.
- Superhuman Durability: Miek, even without her exoskeleton, is incredibly resilient to physical injury, as she was able to withstand unintentionally being stomped on by the very heavy Korg.
- Exoskeleton Enhancement: Miek was provided with an artificial exoskeleton that gives her a greater boost of strength and agility in combat.
- Enhanced Strength: Miek has enhanced strength, which allowed her to defeat multiple Berserkers, Outriders and Chitauri in battle.
- Enhanced Agility: With the aid of her exoskeleton, Miek has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being. She was able to quickly overcome the agile Berserkers, as well as several Outriders and Chitauri.
- Expert Combatant: Miek is a proficient combatant, for she survives many gladiatorial matches in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions and was able to defeat many Berserkers thanks to herblades. During the Battle of Earth, Miek once again demonstrated her combat abilities by defeating many Sakaarans, Outriders and Chitauri.
- Sword Mastery: Miek is incredibly skilled in wielding her blades in hand-to-hand combat.
- Exoskeleton: Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs, fitted with an artificial exoskeleton and armed with blades which enables her to move and attack very quickly.
- Statesman: Miek and the other members of the Sakaaran Rebellion used this ship to escape from Sakaar. They used the Statesman to head to Asgard and to save the Asgardians from Ragnarök. After Asgard was successfully evacuated, the ship was used to head to Earth. However, it was attacked on the way there by Thanos and the Black Order and destroyed. Miek was one of the few survivors who escaped in an escape pod.
- In the comics, Miek is an ally of Hulk in the Sakaar arena, who later tries to manipulate him into destroying Earth.
- Miek is one of the many gender-swapped characters from their counterpart in the comics.
Behind the Scenes
- Kevin Feige discussed the possibility of a future One-Shot featuring Korg and Miek.
- Miek was referred to as a male in Thor: Ragnarok. However, prior to the production of Thor: Love and Thunder, Taika Waititi revealed that Miek was a female.