- "This is my very good friend Miek. He is an insect and has knives for hands."
Miek is a Sakaaran insectoid warrior who had been forced to fight in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions with his own robotic exoskeleton. Having been freed from the Grandmaster's prison, Miek had fought alongside Thor and Korg and joined the Asgardian people in their journey to Earth after the Destruction of Asgard.
After the Decimation, Miek was one of the survivors, making his home in New Asgard with Korg and the rest of the surviving Asgardians, keeping Thor company as he descended into a drunken hermit over his grief. During the Battle of Earth, Miek joined the battle, before heading back to New Asgard under Valkyrie's new rule.
Miek was outfitted with a robotic exoskeleton and was placed in the Contest of Champions where he met Korg, who he became friends with. When Thor was thrown into the Contest of Champions, Miek greeted him with Korg, showing off his exoskeleton's blades proudly. When Loki visited Thor in the gladiator's quarters, Miek joined Korg in trying to get rid of Loki, believing he was a ghost. Miek witnessed Thor's duel with the Hulk, joining in with the chant supporting Thor.
- "Is that some sort of protoplasm, all the stuff that's coming out of you, or are they eggs? Looks like eggs."
- ―Korg to Miek
While Miek was casually waiting for the next fights with Korg, Valkyrie stormed the gladiators' quarters and provided Korg with a weapon, initiating the Sakaaran Rebellion. Miek fought alongside his fellow gladiators against the Sakaaran Guards and they ultimately reached the Grandmaster's garage. After accepting Loki as their leader, Miek and the other rebels seized the Statesman and flew it to Asgard.
The Statesman ultimately arrived near Asgard's Rainbow Bridge. Miek got off the spaceship with his fellow rebels and began attacking Hela's Berserkers so that the Asgardians could escape the Goddess of Death's tyrannical rule. Miek successfully defeated several Berserkers, but was accidentally stomped by Korg, which knocked him unconscious. Believing him to be dead, Korg felt sorry for the loss of his friend and took his body on the Statesman while it escaped the planet.
Joining the Asgardians
Following the battle, Korg kept carrying Miek's body with him as they had made their escape. When Thor decided to lead Asgardians to a new home, he asked Miek where he was from. Although Korg told Thor that Miek was dead, the Sakaaran regained consciousness. Miek stayed in the Statesman which was directed to Earth.
On the journey to Earth, the Asgardians were ambushed by the Titan warlord Thanos and the Black Order. During the ambush, half of the Asgardians on the ship were slaughtered, along with Heimdall and Loki. Miek was one of the many survivors from Thanos' attack, helping lead the remaining Asgardians to safety escape pods alongside Korg and Valkyrie, before the Mad Titan destroyed the ship and killed the remaining forces inside the Statesman.
Shortly after the attack, Thanos managed to complete the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped his fingers, causing half life in the universe to disintegrate into nothingness. Miek was among those who survived Thanos' snap.
Settling in New Asgard
Miek settled in New Asgard alongside Korg and Thor. He developed a taste for pizza and seemed content with their sloth-like existence, watching Korg play video games and Thor drink to insensibility.
When the call came to reinforce the Avengers during the Battle of Earth, Miek and Korg both answered the call. Miek fought in the battle with a new combat exoskeleton, complete with blades, and fought alongside Korg. Fortunately, both him and Korg were successful in surviving the battle.
Miek is very eager and skilled with his blades, and he is willing to demonstrate his talents whenever possible. Miek also seems to be mute since he does not speak throughout his encounters with Thor. He has formed a close friendship with his fellow gladiator Korg, as the two are inseparable, even when Korg thought he had accidentally killed Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Sakaaran Physiology/Exoskeleton Empowerment: Miek is an insectoid Sakaaran, who has greater durability than a human. However, Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs, provided with an exoskeleton. This gives greater strength and agility in combat.
- Enhanced Strength: Miek has a enhanced strength, which allowed him to defeat multiple Berserkers, Outriders and Chitauri in battle.
- Superhuman Durability: Miek, even without his exoskeleton, is incredibly resilient to physical injury, as he was able to withstand unintentionally being stomped on by the superhumanly strong Korg.
- Enhanced Agility: With the aid of his exoskeleton, Miek has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being. He was able to quickly overcome the agile Berserkers, as well as several Outriders and Chitauri.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Miek was able to recover soon after being crushed by the incredibly heavy Korg.
- Expert Combatant: Miek is a proficient combatant, for he survives many gladiatorial matches in the Grandmaster's Contest of Champions and was able to defeat many Berserkers thanks to his blades. During the Battle of Earth, Miek once again demonstrated his combat abilities by defeating many Outriders and Chitauri.
- Sword Mastery: Miek is incredibly good at using his blades, which he has for hands, in hand-to-hand combat.
- Exoskeleton: Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs, provided with an exoskeleton and armed with blades which enables him to move and attack extremely quickly.
- In the comics, Miek is an ally of Hulk in the Sakaar arena, who later tries to manipulate him into destroying Earth.
Behind the Scenes
- Kevin Feige stated that Korg and Miek will return in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Thor: Ragnarok, and he discussed about a One-Shot about the two characters.