FANDOM

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Please, keep in mind that Talk pages are used exclusively to discuss the improvement of a particular article.

    Casual comments, questions never provided in official sources, or requests for other people to perform edits, do not belong to the Talk page, instead, you can use the discussions feature to do it, or approach a Content Moderator at his respective Message Wall.

      Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • Uncleben wrote:

      Uncleben wrote: Discussing a page is literally what a Talk Page is for...

      No, it is not, it is to make actual, concise and firm proposals. What you wrote was nothing like it, even if you wrote it.

      Uncleben wrote: As you say though, "Assume good faith! We're all just trying to help the wiki"

      If I didn't assume your good faith, you would have received a warning/block, instead of an explanation of what you did wrong.

      Uncleben wrote: "Be bold! Go ahead and edit"

      That doesn't mean at all that all edits are going to be correct and/or accepted

      Uncleben wrote: "[The Admin's] opinions are not worth more or less than yours".

      Telling you what you did wrong is not an opinion, doesn't make me more or less worth. Wrong edits are fact, and facts are not a matter or opinion.

      Uncleben wrote: but you came across as a little hostile... just so you know. "Talk pages are for actual proposals", as if my input was just vandalism, or a waste of time.

      That is an automatic message, so what can I say, "hostility" or any intentions are a matter of your own interpretation...
        Loading editor
    • Shabook wrote:

      Uncleben wrote:


      Uncleben wrote: Discussing a page is literally what a Talk Page is for...

      No, it is not, it is to make actual, concise and firm proposals. What you wrote was nothing like it, even if you wrote it.


      Uncleben wrote: As you say though, "Assume good faith! We're all just trying to help the wiki"

      If I didn't assume your good faith, you would have received a warning/block, instead of an explanation of what you did wrong.


      Uncleben wrote: "Be bold! Go ahead and edit"

      That doesn't mean at all that all edits are going to be correct and/or accepted


      Uncleben wrote: "[The Admin's] opinions are not worth more or less than yours".

      Telling you what you did wrong is not an opinion, doesn't make me more or less worth. Wrong edits are fact, and facts are not a matter or opinion.


      Uncleben wrote: but you came across as a little hostile... just so you know. "Talk pages are for actual proposals", as if my input was just vandalism, or a waste of time.

      That is an automatic message, so what can I say, "hostility" or any intentions are a matter of your own interpretation...

      I'm sorry I didn't write it the way you wanted it. I did not realize there was a proper format to using the talk pages... I believed the topic of the microscopic page was incorrect, and I was just trying to bring it to attention in the relevant talk page (like, from my previous experiences, how any other wiki or wikia would function )

      And it wasn't the automatic reply that I took exception to, it was your second reply, implying my edits were illegitimate. Again, if that was not your intention then I would be happy to hear and accept that, but it is just text on a website, without context or intonation, so my own interpretation is literally all I have for putting a voice to your words.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Coulson Welcome

    Welcome to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki. We hope you enjoy contributing to our work here. Here are a few useful links for newcomers:

    Make sure to change your default editor to Source Mode in the Special:Preferences page, Editing tab. Source Mode is the only editing mode allowed in this wiki, as Visual Mode is not allowed due to the high number of glitches and problems it has caused.

    Remember that you should sign all comments on talk and vote pages with four tildes (~~~~) to create your signature. You don't have to sign your comments on comment pages.

    If you have any questions or discussion topics you wish to raise, don't forget to visit the Forum. You can also ask the admins any questions you may have.

      Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+