Lucy Bauer visits her old house in the middle of the night, which scares the family currently living there.
Robbie Reyes travels to work and as he is working, Quake visits him with a made up story of her car engine lighting on fire, forcing Reyes to play along. When they're finally alone, they discuss the Ghost Rider, and Johnson mentions Gabe Reyes, which pushes Reyes to attack her. They briefly duel, and Reyes knocks her out.
As Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz are researching a bizarre, invisible material, Alphonso Mackenzie brings them details on Bauer and the house incident. The three question the existence of ghosts. Fitz and Mackenzie get a lead and go to find her, without Simmons.
Phil Coulson and Melinda May talk to Jeffrey Mace, the new Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., after a 2-hour wait. They discuss Quake, and Mace says she needs to be dealt with before they legitimize S.H.I.E.L.D. again. Mace and Coulson lead a tour group, and May hallucinates multiple tour-members going demonic. Suddenly desperate for answers, May interrupts Chen in his cell and begs for a way to cure it. Chen only bangs his head on the glass until Simmons comes and puts him to sleep.
Lucy Bauer enters the Momentum Alternative Energy Laboratory and frees Hugo and Frederick from boxes similar to the one that held her. They discuss a book that can help them, and that they'll kill "him". They continue to free people like them.
Quake wakes up to discover Robbie Reyes had tied her up. They begin to discuss the Aryan Brotherhood and Johnson mentions Momentum Labs. Reyes realizes this is a lead and leaves, although Johnson uses her powers to escape and follows.
Fitz and Mackenzie infiltrate Momentum Labs but are attacked by Frederick until Robbie Reyes intervenes. He transforms into Ghost Rider and murders Frederick, as Quake arrives. Ghost Rider grabs a picture and walks out.
Later in the day, Robbie Reyes picks up Quake from the street, and tells her he thinks the Ghost Rider is behind all of it.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe (credit only)
- Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider
- Lilli Birdsell as Lucy Bauer
- Dan Donohue as Frederick
- Ward Roberts as Hugo
- Usman Ally as Vincent
- Daniel Zacapa as Canelo
- Jason O'Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace
- Briana Venskus as Agent Piper
- Jen Kuo Sung as Chen
- Adrian Quinonez as Ignacio
- Deren Tadlock as Agent Cecilio
- Nico David as Boy
- John Churchill as Father
- Mark Daneri as Wisconsin Congressman
- Jenson Cheng as Chen's Thug #1
- Ken DuBois as Chen's Thug #2
- Victor Chi as Chen's Thug #3
- Edwin H. Bravo as Chen's Thug #4
- Jason Sweat as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (uncredited)
- Shayan Safar as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (uncredited)
- Unknown Actress as Mrs. Serrano (uncredited)
- Los Angeles, California
- Pasadena, California
- New York City, New York (mentioned,computer screen)
- Houston, Texas (computer screen)
- Washington, D.C. (mentioned)
- Phil Coulson's Prosthetic Hand
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Lanyard
- Quantum Batteries
- Quantum Particle Generator
- Sokovia Accords (mentioned)
- Darkhold (mentioned)
- Rapid Bone-Healing Pills (mentioned)
- Spirit of Vengeance (mentioned)
- Momentum Labs
- Chinatown Crew
- United States Congress
- Strategic Scientific Reserve (mentioned)
- Watchdogs (mentioned)
- Aryan Brotherhood (mentioned)
- United Nations (mentioned)
- Joseph Bauer
- Eli Morrow
- Tobias Ford
- Gabe Reyes
- Peggy Carter
- Yo-Yo Rodriguez
- Johnny Blaze
- Lincoln Campbell (photo)
- Gordon (indirectly)
- Matthew Ellis
- Steve Rogers
- Schrödinger's cat
- Nikola Tesla
- Paris Agreement
- The title of this episode is a lyric from the song "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who.
- When Daisy Johnson secretly reveals she knows information on Robbie Reyes, she mentions his uncle. In the comics, Reyes gets his powers from the demonic spirit of his uncle, Eli Morrow, who was a serial killer and Satanist when he was alive.