|For other uses, see Tina Minoru (disambiguation)|
Retrieving the Dark Scepter
Minoru and Daniel Drumm, two Masters of the Mystic Arts arrived at the Kamar-Taj to assist Wong and Kaecilius track down the Witch who had stolen a powerful relic. Minoru, Drumm and Wong later arrived to find an unconscious Kaecilius who had been beaten by the thief and had underestimated the Staffs power.
Later at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the group confronted the thief and after a grueling battle with their combined efforts they were able to overpower her and claim the Scepter.
Reunion with the Ancient One
As the Master of the Hong Kong Sanctum, Minoru had a meeting with the Ancient One, Daniel Drumm and Sol Rama in Kamar-Taj. The Ancient One stopped the meeting as Karl Mordo wished to talk with her.
At the Hong Kong Sanctum, Minoru and others Masters of the Mystic Arts were ordered by Wong to prepare for battle against Kaecilius and the Zealots. Despite their best efforts, the Masters were defeated and the Sanctum was destroyed, leaving the Earth vulnerable to Dormammu. However, Doctor Strange activated the Eye of Agamotto, causing time to reverse and stopping the death of many Masters at the Hong Kong Sanctum, including Minoru.
Powers and Abilities
- Master Sorcerer: As the Master of the Hong Kong Sanctum, Minoru is a powerful member of the Master of the Mystic Arts, possessing a high level of mastery of the mystic arts, which she uses to defend her native reality. With the help of numerous mystical artifacts and relics, in addition to her astral powers, Minoru is able to gain access to a multitude of mystical powers.
- Quarterstaff: A staff-like baton used by the Masters of the Mystic Arts for combat and magic.
- Sling Ring: A mystical object which enables the wearer to open a fiery portal to another location.
- In the comics, Tina Minoru is an evil sorceress unlike the film version.
Behind the Scenes
- This character is named in the film credits, Doctor Strange Prelude, The Art of Doctor Strange, and Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Doctor Strange.
- Kevin Feige commented: "We never say Minoru in the movie, do we? No. ... I would call that an Easter egg that most people won't even see."
- Most of Minoru's scenes were cut from the final release of Doctor Strange.