The short film was written and directed by Drew Pearce.
After the events of Iron Man 3, Trevor Slattery is an infamous icon. He’s also locked up in a high-security prison. Luckily, his new found profile has brought him celebrity and protection on the inside – and the actor has gladly agreed to an in-depth profile with a documentary filmmaker.
Trevor Slattery has been placed in Seagate Penitentiary for his involvement with Aldrich Killian's campaign. Slattery is a celebrity there, and even has Herman as his "butler". He is being interviewed by Jackson Norriss, who is ostensibly creating a documentary about Slattery. During Norriss' final session with Slattery, Norriss is revealed to be a member of the Ten Rings who attack the prison while Norris takes Slattery prisoner. Norriss says that the real Mandarin is mad at Slattery for making a mockery of his name.
- Main article: Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King/Credits
- Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery
- Scoot McNairy as Jackson Norriss
- Lester Speight as Herman
- Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer
- Allen Maldonado as Fletcher Heggs
- Matt Gerald as White Power Dave
- Rob S. Gray as Prisoner
- Steve Huang as Prisoner
- Marcus Natividad as Prisoner
- Eddie J. Rangel as Prisoner
- Crystal the Monkey as Bar Monkey
- Guido Carboni
- Luis Allegre
- Mrs. Slattery (picture)
- Raza (picture)
- Aldrich Killian
- Tony Stark
- Priscilla Everhart
- Rick Hawkins
- Pepper Potts (picture)
- Mike Post
- Sean Connery
- Osama bin Laden
- Benny Hill
Behind the Scenes
- In an interview with Uproxx in 2016, Iron Man 3 director Shane Black confirmed that this One-Shot was made as an apology to fans who were angry about the Mandarin twist. This contradicts Drew Pearce's claim on the audio commentary where he denied that the short film was an apology and that it was really an excuse to bring the character back and tease him for future appearances.
- Music was composed by Brian Tyler.
- ↑ Shane Black On ‘The Nice Guys,’ Mel Gibson, And Why A Female ‘Iron Man 3’ Villain’s Gender Changed
- ↑ Audio Commentary for All Hail the King