- "My name is Jackson Norris. Today will be the most important of my career: my final interview with the most infamous man in America. A man that the world thought was a terrorist called the Mandarin, but is now alleged to be nothing but an actor. Thus far, the subject has been evasive and apparently oblivious to the point of my work. In fact, he seems oblivious to pretty much everything, except his own growing celebrity status, because now the whole world knows his name... This is my last chance to get beyond his lies and excuses, to confront the subject with elements of his own past, in order to unlock the truth. Because we need to know, once and for all: who is Trevor Slattery?"
- ―Jackson Norris
After the events of Iron Man 3, Trevor Slattery is an infamous icon. He’s also locked up in a high-security prison. Luckily, his new found profile has brought him celebrity and protection on the inside – and the actor has gladly agreed to an in-depth profile with a documentary filmmaker.
Trevor Slattery has been placed in Seagate Penitentiary for his involvement with Aldrich Killian's War. Slattery is a celebrity there, and even has a "butler". He is being interviewed by Jackson Norriss, who is ostensibly creating a documentary about Slattery. During Norriss' final session with Slattery, Norriss is revealed to be a member of the Ten Rings who attack the prison while Norris takes Slattery prisoner. Norriss says that the real Mandarin is mad at Slattery for making a mockery of his name.
- Main article: Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King/Credits
- Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery
- Scoot McNairy as Jackson Norriss
- Lester Speight as Herman
- Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer
- Allen Maldonado as Fletcher Heggs
- Matt Gerald as White Power Dave
- Rob S. Gray as Prisoner
- Steve Huang as Prisoner
- Marcus Natividad as Prisoner
- Eddie J. Rangel as Prisoner
- Crystal the Monkey as the Bar Monkey
- Guido Carboni
- Luis Allegre
- Mrs. Slattery (picture)
- Raza (picture)
- Aldrich Killian
- Tony Stark
- Pepper Potts (picture)
- Priscilla Everhart
- Rick Hawkins
- Mike Post
- Sean Connery
- Osama bin Laden
- Benny Hill
- The name of Trevor Slattery's unaired CBS pilot, Caged Heat, was the working title of Iron Man 3.
- The tracksuit criminals who appeared in the Caged Heat footage were based off the Tracksuit Draculas.
Behind the Scenes
- In an interview with Uproxx in 2016, Iron Man 3 director Shane Black confirmed that this One-Shot was made as an apology to fans who were angry about the Mandarin twist. This contradicts Drew Pearce's claim on the audio commentary where he denied that the short film was an apology and that it was really an excuse to bring the character back and tease him for future appearances.
- ↑ Shane Black On ‘The Nice Guys,’ Mel Gibson, And Why A Female ‘Iron Man 3’ Villain’s Gender Changed
- ↑ Audio Commentary for All Hail the King