|For other uses, see Agent Carter (disambiguation)|
Sometime later, Carter is working in data analysis and code-breaking for John Flynn in the midst of an old-boys network, where she is patronized and under-used. Meanwhile, the agents are in pursuit of the Zodiac serum but fail to call on Carter for help – she’s gone three months without an assignment.
One night, Flynn and the other male agents go out for drinks, leaving Carter to clean up the office when the hotline rings. The caller directs her to the location of the Zodiac and suggests she draft 3-5 agents.
Instead, Carter goes alone, carrying a tricked out briefcase with her. At her location, she attacks two goons throwing one through the window.
The third guard she handcuffs to a pipe and tells him to scream for help. When two further heavies arrive she ambushes them. Finally, she locates the room where Zodiac is – throwing in a smoke bomb to lay out what she thinks is the final guard before finding the vial marked with a strange symbol. There is one last heavy – the biggest yet, decked out in a gas mask. The two battle until Carter looks finally beaten when, at the last moment, she slips a knife from her briefcase and stabs him.
Back at the office, Flynn disciplines Carter for insubordination until the phone rings. It is Howard Stark. Stark says the mission was more a notch in Carter’s belt than a feather in her cap and informs Flynn that Carter is to run S.H.I.E.L.D. with Stark.
Flynn is to inform Carter and ‘let her know you’re honored to bring her the news’. Carter rebukes his offer to carry her things out of the office.
Stark sits by a swimming pool, together with Dum Dum Dugan. They discuss bikinis – Dugan asks Stark if he invented them and he says no, it was the French.
- Main article: Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter/Credits
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter
- Bradley Whitford as John Flynn
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan
- Shane Black as the Telephone Caller (voice)
- Tim Trobec as Hefty Guard
- Jon Barinholtz as Analyst
- Anthony Molinari as Guard #1
- Jess King as Guard #2
- Mark Wagner as Goon #1
- David Hutchison as Goon #2
- Jacob McCafferty as Goon #3
- Tim Sitarz as Head Goon
- Lindsey Gort as Poolside Woman #1
- Sarah Schreiber as Poolside Woman #2
- Greg Haines as Agent Johnson (uncredited)
- Unknown as Agent Miller (uncredited)
- Unknown as Agent Wilkes (uncredited)
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America (archive footage)
- New York City, New York
- Arctic (flashback)
- Valkyrie (flashback)