If you locate any unwritten rule that should be clarified, use the talk page to make a proposal
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki is a democratic wiki, and therefore all important decisions go through a community vote.
Even when a voting procedure is initiated, discussion can, should, and is encouraged to continue. The position taken by a user in a voting procedure may be challenged at any point.
On Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki, there should be a vote (open to all users) on whether there should be a change or what should be changed when the consensus of a major discussion is not clear. Community votes are also held when a user requests user rights for Administrator and Bureaucrat. The following should be noted:
- The right to vote is reserved for those who have joined the community before the voting process started.
- Once a vote opens, an administrator may add a notice for it to Community messages. If a user is concerned that a discussion is not gaining enough attention, they may also request a community message on the administrator noticeboard.
- Voting will run for one week. If there is a clear majority in favour of one of the solutions presented, that solution will be implemented.
- If there are two solutions presented and voting is inconclusive (there is no consensus in favor of any solution presented), the discussion will be considered to have failed to gain consensus and the status quo will stand.
- If there are more than two solutions presented and voting is inconclusive after one week, the two options with the most votes will undergo a second round of voting.
- When an issue is settled, attempts by any individual to counteract or violate these decisions without community support will be considered vandalism/disruptive editing under the blocking policy.
- Voting procedures on Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki are not polls. If a user chooses to vote, the user must justify his or her position with a clear, logical argument. A justification like "per user X" is strongly discouraged.
- If no votes are cast for a consecutive three days, the voting procedure will end prematurely. If there is a clear majority in favor of one of the solutions presented, that solution will be implemented. If voting is inconclusive (there is no consensus in favor of any solution presented), the discussion will be considered to have failed to gain consensus and the status quo will stand.