If you locate any unwritten rule that should be clarified, use the talk page to make a proposal
Vandalism on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki is defined as a deliberate attempt to lower the quality of the wiki. An editor who vandalises the wiki may be blocked from making further edits, according to the Blocking Policy.
Examples of Vandalism
- Replacing the text of an article or a section of an article with blank text.
- Uploading inappropriate images, or replacing existing images with inappropriate images.
- Adding nonsense, obscenities, or bad jokes to existing articles.
- Creating new articles which are entirely off-topic nonsense.
- Moving a page to a new, nonsensical title.
- Adding external links to pages for the purpose of advertising.
Good Faith Edits
Any edit made in a sincere attempt to improve the wiki should not be considered vandalism, no matter how misguided. Some common examples of good faith edits include:
- Adding information to the wiki from unreliable sources (assuming the editor in question is not aware that the sources are unreliable).
- Adding information which may or may not be correct, but doing so in a way which violates Manual of Style, Layout Guides, the rules of MediaWiki syntax, or the rules of American English grammar and spelling.
- Removing information the editor believes to be incorrect.