- "You and your friends are out of time."
- ―Malachi to Jemma Simmons
Malachi is a Chronicom Hunter and one of the few surviving Chronicoms after the Destruction of Chronyca-2. He served under Atarah with the objective to hunt Leo Fitz to have him create time-travel to undo Chronyca-2's destruction. After they downloaded Fitz and Jemma Simmons's brains, Malachi felt it was necessary to establish a Chronyca-3, but Atarah disagreed. Feeling as though Atarah was a flaw in his plan, he killed her and took command of the remaining Chronicoms. Malachi then led an invasion against S.H.I.E.L.D. in order to take over the Earth and turn it into the new Chronicom planet.
Saving Their Home
Since the Chronicoms learned about S.H.I.E.L.D.'s success in changing the timeline of events to avert the Destruction of Earth through Time Travel, Malachi was sent to hunt down S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Leo Fitz and the Chronicom Enoch, who were still trying to reach year 2091. Malachi meticulously prepared his Chronicom Rifle before using his Inter-Planetary Conveyance Disc to transport himself to the Customs Station CI-741 of Naro-Atzia, where Fitz was scheduled to arrive. There, Malachi made himself known to the customs officer Pretorious Pryce, asking him questions about Fitz.
However, it turned out that Fitz had changed course and did not stay on Naro-Atzia. Malachi instead infiltrated the Zephyr One, which had been taken to the customs station by Fitz's friends who were also looking for him. Revealing himself, Malachi incapacitated both Quake and Piper with his rifle and prepared to shoot Jemma Simmons, but he was ultimately knocked unconscious from behind by Davis. Malachi was then put in handcuffs for interrogation. He then told Quake and Simmons that Fitz was wanted for tampering with the laws of the universe, since a version of Fitz had already traveled back to this timeline and died in the Battle of Chicago.
Once on the planet of Kitson, Malachi remained in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s custody while Simmons and Quake left to look for Fitz. However, Malachi took advantage of Davis' adverse reaction to extraterrestrial food to break free of his cuffs thanks to his compressibility before knocking Davis unconscious. Malachi then made his way to the Zephyr One's computer systems, asking several Chronicom Hunters to join him on Kitson and launch an assault on the House of Games. He then escaped with his transport disc after he was found by Piper and Davis took a shot at him.
As a result, while his fellow hunters were fighting against Quake, Malachi was able to transport himself into the House of Games, and abducted Fitz just as he was about to be reunited with Simmons.
Watching over Prisoners
- "Do not do anything reckless."
- ―Malachi to Enoch
Malachi took Leo Fitz in one of the Confederacy spaceships which had been commandeered by the Chronicoms and guarded him while Atarah, in another Confederate Destroyer Ship, explained her intentions to Quake and Jemma Simmons and threatened to have Fitz executed by Malachi if they did not assist her. When Fitz, who was initially unaware that he was facing a hologram of Simmons, moved forward and called her, Malachi ordered him stay still and striked him with his Chronicom Rifle when Fitz failed to obey.
Malachi then joined the ship where Atarah was as the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were attempting to escape. Leading a group of Chronicom Hunters, Malachi located the fugitives and had his men ready to shoot. However, they were instructed to stand down by Atarah due to Simmons surrendering and turning herself in in exchange for the freedom of Quake, Piper and Davis.
Malachi was present when Atarah forced Fitz and Simmons to use the Cerebral Fusion Machine. Just like Atarah, Malachi showed little concern for their sanity as Enoch warned them about the emotional issues of Humans. Malachi even showed his contempt for Enoch and suggested that Enoch was also getting far too emotional for a Chronicom. Due to Enoch insisting to pull Fitz and Simmons out of the machine, Malachi menacingly stopped him with his rifle and ordered him to stay still.
Malachi was eventually defeated by Enoch who activated the override of all the Chronicoms around, enabling Fitz and Simmons to escape. Enraged by this defeat, Malachi sought to hunt down his enemies. While Baal-Gad suggested gathering a group of hunters to find them, Malachi replied that it was not necessary, since they could use all the memories of Fitz and Simmons accumulated in the machine to get ahead of their enemies.
- "I see no flaw in our current plan."
"That is because you are the flaw."
- ―Atarah and Malachi
Having reviewed Leo Fitz's and Jemma Simmons' memories, Malachi came to disagree with Atarah's plan of going into the past to prevent the Destruction of Chronyca-2. Instead, Malachi suggested that the Chronicoms should look for a new planet and turn it into Chronyca-3, which could be a backup for Chronyca-2. Malachi and Baal-Gad requested permission from Atarah to gather a group of Chronicom Hunters for such conquest, but their plan was judged unnecessary by Atarah, who considered her own plan flawless. As a result, Malachi stated that Atarah was the flaw in the Chronicom's plan and murdered her with his Chronicom Rifle, taking command of the Chronicoms.
Using Inter-Planetary Conveyance Discs, Malachi and his fellow Chronicom Hunters invaded the S.H.I.E.L.D. base known as the Lighthouse in an attempt to take over the Earth by discovering S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets. Malachi and his troops wrecked havoc in the Lighthouse's command center, killing many S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and Malachi ordered that no prisoners should be taken. Remaining in the command center, Malachi was given Nick Fury's Toolbox retrieved by the Chronicoms, and commented on how primitive the technology used by Humans was.
Using the knowledge of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s protocols acquired from the Cerebral Fusion Machine, Malachi sent Baal-Gad to find the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and massacre them all. He also ordered Isaiah to find Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons so they could unlock the Toolbox, unaware that he was actually speaking to Enoch who had previously killed Isaiah and put on his synthetic skin.
As a Chronicom, Malachi displayed few emotions and usually appeared as cold and stern. Being one of the most formidable Chronicom Hunters, Malachi was relentless and merciless in his mission, pursuing Leo Fitz and Enoch throughout the galaxy until he was able to have them captured. Although not always killing his opponents, such as simply incapacitating Quake, Piper and Davis when they got in his way, Malachi could show an implacable side, such as when he ordered all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to be exterminated when the Chronicoms invaded the Lighthouse.
Malachi despised those who let themselves get overwhelmed by their emotions, mocking Enoch's concern for the sanity of Fitz and Jemma Simmons during their use of the Cerebral Fusion Machine. He considered that Enoch's prolonged contact with Humans had made Enoch weak and too soft to be able to survive in any other place than the Human-inhabited Earth.
Powers and Abilities
- "That guy is like some sort of shape-shifting contortionist assassin."
- Chronicom Physiology: As a Chronicom, Malachi is a synthetic being and naturally possesses physical capabilities beyond any human being.
- Compressability: Due to being made mostly of plastic alloy, Malachi can squeeze his body parts, such as when he easily got his hands out of a handcuff.
- Computer Interaction: Malachi was able to connect to the Zephyr One's computer systems through his fingers. He was also able to overload Enoch’s system and simultaneously send a message to the Chronicom Hunters to come to Kitson, all while hacking the computers of Zephyr One. Malachi also used this ability to enter the Cerebral Fusion Machine, and download all of Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons memories of S.H.I.E.L.D. Protocols and secrets into his memory banks and those of his fellow hunters.
- Longevity: Like Chronicoms, Malachi is immune to aging and disease, and his life spanned over thousands of years.
- Chronicom Rifle: As a Hunter, Malachi is equipped with a Chronicom Rifle. He used its stun setting on Daisy Johnson and Piper when he teleported onboard Zephyr One. He later used it to kill Atarah when he took command and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents during the Ambush at the Lighthouse.
- Inter-Planetary Conveyance Disc: Malachi used the disc to teleport onto Zephyr One and ambushed the S.H.I.E.L.D. team in his hunt for Leo Fitz and Enoch. He then used it to teleport to the House of Games and kidnap Fitz. After Enoch took his disc Malachi replaced it and used it during the Ambush at the Lighthouse.
- Toolbox: In the aftermath of the successful invasion of the Lighthouse, Malachi seized Nick Fury's Toolbox, hoping to discover S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets so the Chronicoms could conquer Earth.
- Lighthouse: After Malachi and the other Chronicom Hunters captured the Lighthouse, it became their base of operations on Earth.
|Appearances for Malachi|
In chronological order:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.03: Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.05: The Other Thing
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.06: Inescapable
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.08: Collision Course Part One
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.11: From the Ashes
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.12: The Sign
- ↑ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 6.13: New Life
- ↑ Stargirl: Christopher James Baker Introduces Injustice Society's Brainwave