Madripoor is a city-state and nation located in maritime Southeast Asia. Divided into the wealthy Hightown and the underprivileged Lowtown, Madripoor houses a large criminal underworld and operates a smuggling port out of Buccaneer Bay. As Madripoor does not extradite, Madripoor is a diplomatic safehaven for criminals, presided by the Power Broker.
In 2016, Sharon Carter moved to Madripoor, as the United States of America would have no jurisdiction there to extradite her. While there, she would become the ruler of Madripoor, becoming known as the Power Broker. The Zemo barony from Sokovia had connections in Madripoor; Helmut Zemo had ties to Selby, one of Madripoor's influential criminal figures, who owned the Brass Monkey Saloon. Dovich was a former mob enforcer for Madripoor's criminal underworld. Smiling Tiger was a notorious gangster that frequented Lowtown.
Super Soldier Serum
Wilfred Nagel returned from the Blip in 2023, only to find that the CIA had ended his research about the Super Soldier Serum. The Power Broker funded Nagel's continued research into the serum in Madripoor. Meanwhile, the Power Broker took in and employed several people who were upset about the way the Global Repatriation Council treated people who had survived the Snap. Those people stole Nagel's serum and injected it into themselves, becoming the Flag Smashers.
Chasing Super Soldiers
Helmut Zemo brought Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes to Madripoor to look for the source of the recreated Super Soldier Serum. While walking through the streets of Madripoor, Zemo told Barnes to pretend to still be the Winter Soldier and Wilson to pretend to be Conrad Mack. They were driven to Lowtown and entered the Brass Monkey Saloon, where Barnes got into a bar fight. Barnes, Wilson, and Zemo met with Selby, and Zemo offered Barnes in exchange for information about the Super Soldier Serum. Selby told Zemo to look for Wilfred Nagel, but Wilson's sister called, blowing their cover. Selby ordered her men to kill Wilson, Barnes, and Zemo, but was then shot herself.
Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Sharon Carter, and Helmut Zemo went to Buccaneer Bay and found Wilfred Nagel's laboratory. Wilson, Barnes, and Zemo interrogated Nagel about the serum while Carter noticed that bounty hunters had come and fought them off. Nagel explained that the Power Broker hired him to work on the serum and that Karli Morgenthau and the Flag Smashers stole it. Nagel revealed that there is no more serum, prompting Zemo to shoot and kill him. A bounty hunter then blew up the lab with a rocket launcher. Barnes, Wilson, and Carter engaged in a shootout with the bounty hunters while Zemo shot a pipe, causing it to explode. Zemo stole a car, allowing Barnes and Wilson to escape to Zemo's private jet. Meanwhile, Carter was driven back to her house.
Sharon Carter's Manipulations
Sam Wilson asked Sharon Carter for help keeping an eye on the Latvian GRC Resettlement Camp, and Carter agreed to help. Carter told Wilson that the Power Broker was upset about Wilfred Nagel's death, and Wilson apologized. Carter asked Wilson to find Karli Morgenthau and recover the Super Soldier Serum.
Carter later called Georges Batroc and offered him a job for a high price, promising that he would not regret it. Carter then left Madripoor and went to the United States of America to retrieve her Super Soldier Serum.
|This section requires expansion|
By the 21st century, the city was divided amongst two districts, Hightown and Lowtown. 
Hightown is a wealthy and glamorous and indulgent metropolis with a lavish and active nightlife.
As the nation does not allow any criminal extradition within its borders, the impoverished and crime-ridden business capital of Lowtown became home to a sophisticated and powerful criminal underworld ruled by the Power Broker.
Madripoor was neighbored by Buccaneer Bay, which includes a seaport that operates as the grounds for the city's main port of foreign trade, handling the transportation of cargo and commerce.
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (flag)
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- Moon Knight
- In the comics, rather than being modeled after an island located south of Singapore, the city is modeled after southern Singapore itself and is named after it. The city is also known for its appearances in stories associated with the X-Men; it is frequently visited by mutants like Wolverine. It first appeared in New Mutants #32 (October 1985).
- Madripoor is a multicultural city, as it recognizes various languages such as English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi, Tamil, Chinese and Malay languages.
- Madripoor commonly uses cryptocurrency. Bitcoin bounties were placed on Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Sharon Carter, Helmut Zemo and Karli Morgenthau. Cryptocurrency is the preferred method of payment for drinks used at the Brass Monkey Saloon, as shown on their menu.
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: 1.03: Power Broker
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: 1.06: One World, One People
- Moon Knight: 1.03: The Friendly Type
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: 1.04: The Whole World Is Watching
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: 1.05: Truth
- Explore Madripoor
- ‘The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ Brings Madripoor to Life